1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 17:35
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    This is debate forum Eladar; of course if you find it difficult to answer because you anticipate my next question then I fully understand you ducking out.
    You really are self absorbs aren't you. Simpleton pestering does not equal difficult question. It equals difficult person with personal issues.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 17:391 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You really are self absorbs aren't you. Simpleton pestering does not equal difficult question. It equals difficult person with personal issues.
    As I said, it's fine if you don't feel you want to engage in debate about you claims, and you prefer to just put them out there and hope no one notices the error.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 17:49
    As I said, it's fine if you don't feel you want to engage in debate about you claims, and you prefer to just put them out there and hope no one notices the error.
    What you are doing is not debate, it is pestering. It is a form of bullying which is easily swatted away by those of superior understanding.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 18:17
    Jesus said if you do not forgive others, then God will not forgive you and you will be handed over to torturers until an unpayable debt is repaid.
    Chapter and verse please.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 18:33
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Chapter and verse please.
    Matthew 18:21-35
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 18:43
    What you are doing is not debate, it is pestering. It is a form of bullying which is easily swatted away by those of superior understanding.
    As I said you are free to avoid responding if you feel unable to.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 18:47
    As I said you are free to avoid responding if you feel unable to.
    As I said, you are a bad case of self importance and limited intelligence. There are other reasons for not responding but you don't seem intelligent enough to understand.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 18:531 edit
    As I said, you are a bad case of self importance and limited intelligence. There are other reasons for not responding but you don't seem intelligent enough to understand.
    Here again are the two questions you seem to be finding difficulty with:

1) What biblical evidence do you have that Jesus wanted to prevent people attaining eternal life?

2) Do you take everything writing in the bible literally?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 18:59
    Here again are the two questions you seem to be finding difficulty with:

1) What biblical evidence do you have that Jesus wanted to prevent people attaining eternal life?

There is no good way to answer fools when they say something stupid. If you answer them, then you, too, will look like a fool. If you don’t answer them, they will think they are smart.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 19:091 edit
    There is no good way to answer fools when they say something stupid. If you answer them, then you, too, will look like a fool. If you don’t answer them, they will think they are smart.
    You can explain how my questions are stupid if you like, or you can continue to be angry because you are having to avoid answering them...
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 19:10
    You can explain how my questions are stupid if you like, or you can continue to be angry because you are having to avoid answering them...
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 19:11
    These are on topic questions Eladar, here they are again:

13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 19:11
    Matthew 18:21-35
    Matthew 18: 32-35 Then his master summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked servant!
    I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. And should not you have had
    mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And in anger his master
    delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt. 35 So also my heavenly
    Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.”

I was looking for the term "unpayable debt is repaid", but it is still a verse to inform those
    of us who do not forgive will not be forgiven. I'd also beware of calling people names,
    since that too puts one in danger of Hell fire.

Matthew 5:22
    But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment;
    whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will
    be liable to the hell of fire.

Or to have sin in your life, not even our lives are worth saving if we are cast into Hell.

Matthew 5:29
    If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you
    lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.

Matthew 5:30
    And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that
    you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

We do know fire is part of the torment that is being used now, and will come.

Luke 16:22-24English Standard Version (ESV)
    The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also
    died and was buried, and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw
    Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy
    on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I
    am in anguish in this flame.’

Revelation 14:9-11English Standard Version (ESV)
    And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships
    the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also
    will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he
    will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the
    presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they
    have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever
    receives the mark of its name.”

Judgment Before the Great White Throne
    Revelation 20: 11-15
    Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth
    and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and
    small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was
    opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the
    books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it,
    Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one
    of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the
    lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found
    written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

When it is all said and done, evil and everyone who does evil will be judged. From that
    point forward those that turned to God for His grace and mercy will not have to deal with
    evil ever again. All of us need forgiven, but not all of us want to be by Christ.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 19:26
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Matthew 18: 32-35 Then his master summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked servant!
    I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. And should not you have had
    mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And in anger his master
    delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt. 35 So also my heavenly
    Father will do t ...[text shortened]... to deal with
    evil ever again. All of us need forgiven, but not all of us want to be by Christ.
    So I take it you are satisfied with the book and verse.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '17 19:30
    So I take it you are satisfied with the book and verse.
    You twisted it when there was no need, it was clear on its own.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree