1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 00:28
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You saying that doesn't make it part of scripture.
    So he can pay off the debt?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 02:33
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So he can pay off the debt?
    Jesus became sin and paid our debt, a debt Jesus didn't owe.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 02:341 edit
    Jesus became sin and paid our debt, a debt Jesus didn't owe.
    In the parable does the servant have his debt forgiven or is the servant required to pay the debt. Of course I am talking about at the end.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 02:431 edit
    In the parable does the servant have his debt forgiven or is the servant requied to pay the debt. Of course I am talking about at the end.
    It was forgiven, then he showed his heart for what he was. Do you ever worry about your heart?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 02:45
    It was forgiven, then he showed his heart for what he was.
    You didn't answer my question. In the end does Jesus cover the guy's sins or not?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 02:501 edit
    You didn't answer my question. In the end does Jesus cover the guy's sins or not?
    Parables and real stories are not the same. Jesus warns us we will be judged as we judge, and forgiven as we forgive.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 03:001 edit
    Parables and real stories are not the same. Jesus warns us we will be judged as we judge, and forgiven as we forgive.
    Jesus is the one who says the parable is an accurate description.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 03:17
    Jesus is the one who says the parable is an accurate description.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until ...[text shortened]... avenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”
    Yes He would know.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 03:47
    Yes He would know.
    So now we agree. According to Jesus a person can have sins forgiven then have them reinstated. Such a person can be rejected by God for all eternity.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 03:58
    So now we agree. According to Jesus a person can have sins forgiven then have them reinstated. Such a person can be rejected by God for all eternity.
    No O.E.A.E.
    A person who is living in sin will be tormented by demons if they are a believer and if they're not willing to forgive others.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 04:16
    Just knowing not being forgiven is a possibly should concern all.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 04:37
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Is purgatory on earth like the people in prison?
    Yeah. Quite possibly.

Especially if you end up getting flogged in there and have no idea when you might get out.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 04:43
    No O.E.A.E.
    A person who is living in sin will be tormented by demons if they are a believer and if they're not willing to forgive others.
    E will forgive. The parable states sins can be forgiven but then reinstated. Some do lose their salvation.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 09:40
    Nope we are all sinners. So do you think Hitler will get out?
    I don't believe in a literal hell, how many times do I need to explain that in this forum. There is nothing to get out of.

Ok so you take it literally...so,
    - do therefore think there is a literal "mark" that people will have on them?
    - Do you think there is a literal "who're of babylon"?
    - Do you think there are a literal "4 horsemen of the apocalypse"?
    - do you think Jesus will be personally spectating the torture of billions of people as he personally burns them alive for eternity?

And so on and so forth...
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 09:43
    No O.E.A.E.
    Does this include KellyJay and his precious grudge he holds against FMF, myself, twhitehead and others he is ignoring in here?

Or is that somehow different...somehow that's ok??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree