1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 11:59
    Originally posted by @eladar
    E will forgive. The parable states sins can be forgiven but then reinstated. Some do lose their salvation.
    The thing about Christ, He is either Lord and Savior or not, you do not get salvation without
    the Lordship of Christ, and He is either Lord of all, or not at all. As you are either forgiven
    of all, or not.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 13:11
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    The thing about Christ, He is either Lord and Savior or not, you do not get salvation without
    the Lordship of Christ, and He is either Lord of all, or not at all. As you are either forgiven
    of all, or not.
    Sure, but that does not mean that if you decide not to forgive others Jesus can't decide to no longer forgive you.

You might call it not being really saved.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 13:51
    Sure, but that does not mean that if you decide not to forgive others Jesus can't decide to no longer forgive you.

I would say if you're a true believer you will forgive others it just takes time because it is the hardest thing to do.
    I think it's awesome when parents forgive drunk drivers but that would be so hard to do!
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 13:56
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    I would say if you're a true believer you will forgive others it just takes time because it is the hardest thing to do.
    I think it's awesome when parents forgive drunk drivers but that would be so hard to do!
    Jesus said that the servant's sins were forgiven but then reinstated. Are your sins forgiven if you do not truly believe?

Same idea is taught in the parable of the seeds and types of soil. In rocks and weeds the seed grows, which means belief.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 14:28

The scripture is clear, what makes you think it does not mean what it says?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 14:47
    The scripture is clear, what makes you think it does not mean what it says?
    Of course it is clear, which is why I am the only one quoting it. You have to keep from quoting it so you can pretend it says something different.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 17:03
    Of course it is clear, which is why I am the only one quoting it. You have to keep from quoting it so you can pretend it says something different.
    What have I said that makes you say that?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 17:07
    What have I said that makes you say that?
    Your belief that Pharaoh hardened his own heart in this thread and your unwillingness to use scripture, just personal opinion .
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 17:29
    Your belief that Pharaoh hardened his own heart in this thread and your unwillingness to use scripture, just personal opinion .
    If God didn't act would his heart harden?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 18:12
    If God didn't act would his heart harden?
    Did God say Pharaoh would have reacted poorly or did God say he would harden Pharaoh's heart?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 18:37
    Did God say Pharaoh would have reacted poorly or did God say he would harden Pharaoh's heart?
    God said He would harden his heart, and his heart was harden. Nothing I said goes against that. I pointed out it is what happens to everyone who refuses God and His leadership. More than a few times people are rebuffed for their hard hearts.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 18:50
    God said He would harden his heart, and his heart was harden. Nothing I said goes against that. I pointed out it is what happens to everyone who refuses God and His leadership. More than a few times people are rebuffed for their hard hearts.
    Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

What Paul wrote does not fit your version of events. According to your version God presents the opportunity for people to harden their own hearts. In such a situation the complaint would be why would God tempt people to harden their heart, not Paul's words, God hardening the heart.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 03:312 edits
    [b]Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not ...[text shortened]... be why would God tempt people to harden their heart, not Paul's words, God hardening the heart.
    It isn't a temptation to harden one's heart, it is an invitation to come to God, there are only
    two answers to God's call, yes or no. If yes, then He becomes your Lord and Savior, if no
    you harden your heart by refusing Him. It is a choice, your will, if you had no will there
    would be no judgment since everyone played the part they were given without exception
    or choice in the matter. You can only be judged for choices you made, not acts you were
    forced to do because there wasn't a choice.

Hebrews 3:8
    do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, on the day of testing in the wilderness,

Hebrews 4:6-8 English Standard Version (ESV)
    6 Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, 7 again he appoints a certain day, “Today,” saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted,
    “Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts.”
    8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree