Is Jesus Christ God?

Is Jesus Christ God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Sep 05

Originally posted by Halitose
One down, six to go... 😏

Edit 1: Drat! Didn't see your other posts...
I'm sorry, I have been over these verses so many times, I just copy and paste....Let me make it easier, there are far more verses than what you suggest that Trinitarians use....go here to get the rest.....
http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=109

🙂

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
08 Sep 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Halitose...
Jesus did not just claim to be teaching the truth, He claimed He is the Truth (John 14:6)

God is the truth, agreed, Jesus could say this because ...

Heb 1:3
3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at ...[text shortened]... of the Majesty on high,
(NKJ)

He is the "image" of God, not God. "Like Father, like son"
In what way is the Son of God, different to God?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
08 Sep 05

I'm sorry, I have been over these verses so many times, I just copy and paste....Let me make it easier, there are far more verses than what you suggest that Trinitarians use....go here to get the rest.....
http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=109

🙂
Thanks. I'll check it out. Although I don't quite see how this difference in our theology makes any difference in our salvation. Do you think trinitarians are hellbound?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Sep 05

In what way is the Son of God, different to God?
Jesus was created (born)...he is flesh, yes, his lineage traces back to Adam....but god "created" seed in Mary, so Jesus did not inherit "sin nature"...He was the 2nd Adam...mentioned in the NT....He is far greater than a God/man...whom I cannot relate to....He was a man who had free will to choose to obey God...that is taken away if he is God....God cannot be tempted, Jesus was....there are so many differences, I don't have the time right now, but will address later. Jesus IS Lord and the head of the church, don't get me wrong...but He did not raise himself, because then he would not have been truly dead........visit that website...God bless.....CB

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Sep 05

Thanks. I'll check it out. Although I don't quite see how this difference in our theology makes any difference in our salvation. Do you think trinitarians are hellbound?
No........

A
Mandla

Unknown

Moves
08 Sep 05

Agreed... so many get caught in thoelogy, when they should be focused on action... theology, like faith, is worthless without action to follow it up... I may recieve a different revelation from any given scripture then someone else, but in the end, it is what I live that matters... people live what they believe...

c

Moves
09 Sep 05

Jesus was created (born)...he is flesh, yes, his lineage traces back to Adam....but god "created" seed in Mary, so Jesus did not inherit "sin nature"...He was the 2nd Adam...mentioned in the NT....He is far greater than a God/man...whom I cannot relate to....He was a man who had free will to choose to obey God...that is taken away if he is God....God ...[text shortened]... elf, because then he would not have been truly dead........visit that website...God bless.....CB
but he was born from mary's womb so isn't he at least half a sinner? otherwise your saying sin carried is paternally and only men are sinners.

l

London

Moves
09 Sep 05

Originally posted by cavan
but he was born from mary's womb so isn't he at least half a sinner? otherwise your saying sin carried is paternally and only men are sinners.
Mary was conceived without sin, so that solves your problem.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Sep 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Was Mary's mother conceived without sin? or her father? Even kicking the can down the road an extra generation doesn't solve the problem, LH; it just makes JC 1/4 of a sinner rather than a 1/2.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
09 Sep 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Was Mary's mother conceived without sin? or her father? Even kicking the can down the road an extra generation doesn't solve the problem, LH; it just makes JC 1/4 of a sinner rather than a 1/2.
I've never really thought about it, but I wonder what Mary ate while she was pregnant. Her diet would certainly have affected the development of the Jesus-foetus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Sep 05

Originally posted by cavan
Life of the flesh is in the blood....
Lev 17:11
11 'For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.'
(NKJ)

This is found in the seed of the male....(God), thereby sinless bloodline.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Sep 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Not true...even though she was a wonderful person, she was born with a sin nature....only someone conceived by God Himself would qualify...she was a great woman full of faith to believe the angel.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Sep 05

Life of the flesh is in the blood....
Lev 17:11
11 'For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.'
(NKJ)

This is found in the seed of the male....(God), thereby sinless bloodline.
Besides your obvious limited knowledge of biology, you're not seriously asserting that God impregnanted Mary using his actual semen ("seed of the male"😉 are you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Sep 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Besides your obvious limited knowledge of biology, you're not seriously asserting that God impregnanted Mary using his actual semen ("seed of the male"😉 are you?
He created seed in a virgin.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
09 Sep 05
1 edit

'Virgin conception' first for UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4228992.stm

Of course, they are not the first 😉