Is Jesus of New T LORD/Jehovah of the Old T?

Is Jesus of New T LORD/Jehovah of the Old T?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Correct..so what's your point here?
Didn't you notice who they say is the ruler of God's Kindom in Heaven is to
be? So doesn't this support the fact the Son is the heir to all creation and that
the meaning of "first-born" of all creation is "heir" as I said it meant.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 11

Ok..What's your point here?
Read every bit of it, slowly and cafefully. making sure you understand
what is be said here and I think you will see the point.

Also after you read about the history of the Jehovah's Witnesses, think
about what kind of organization this is. Then ask yourself,
"Should I really put my faith and trust in this kind of organization"?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Apr 11

Originally posted by Doward
I [b]READ it. Jews did not write out the full name of God. So therefore it is dishonest to say that the name Jehovah was removed from the text. Only the four letter tetragrammaton called YHWH was replaced with the english word of same meaning ...LORD. No one knows for sure if the "true" name of God is Jehovah because the vowals were never included. Robbie ...[text shortened]... er is being purposefully dishonest or forever lose any credibility you may or may not have had[/b]
I don't think we've ever said it was the correct way as no one alive today knows the correct way. But it's the accepted pronounciation by most english speaking countries and it's even been used in countless movies, literatures, etc, etc and not that that's even important but just a fact.
But the really big problem even with the YHWH taken out is it now makes room for the confusion of the trinity doctrine to be allowed in. You can see that over and over here by trinitarians getting messed up with what the differance's are between what was replaced and that is LORD and then Jesus also being called Lord. Instant confusion on your plate with leftovers......

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Apr 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Didn't you notice who they say is the ruler of God's Kindom in Heaven is to
be? So doesn't this support the fact the Son is the heir to all creation and that
the meaning of "first-born" of all creation is "heir" as I said it meant.
Yes it will be Jesus. His Father Jehovah as is explained very clearly in your bible gives this earned and honorable position to his son as a reward for his faithfulness not only to us but more importantly to his Father.
Why is it so hard to understand that Jesus earned this and that as any loving Father would do for any son that accomplished what Jesus did even into death, should not be rewarded?
He earned this honor to sit beside his Father on the right side of the thrown and to have the earth as a footstool which shows that Jesus will be in charge with the backing and blessing of his Father Jehovah.
And since Jesus was a human and walked this earth as a man and in person saw the problems of men and the sicknesses and the deaths we all experiance, who else could not be more qualified to be the earths King?
A side point here is Jesus is never said to be the King of the complete universe.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Apr 11

Originally posted by menace71
29"Brethren, I may confidently say to you regarding the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.

30"And so, because he was a prophet and knew that GOD HAD SWORN TO HIM WITH AN OATH TO SEAT one OF HIS DESCENDANTS ON HIS THRONE,

31he looked ahead and spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that HE WAS NEI ...[text shortened]... this descendant inheriting ? God's throne it appears from these scriptures.

Manny
God clearly says to "sit at my right hand"...Where does it says God said to sit on my throne??????????????????????????

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 11

God clearly says to "sit at my right hand"...Where does it says God said to sit on my throne??????????????????????????
You are like a little child. How many times do I have to repeat the same
thing? If you really want to know you will go back through the thread
and look for it. I have lost my patience with you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Apr 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are like a little child. How many times do I have to repeat the same
thing? If you really want to know you will go back through the thread
and look for it. I have lost my patience with you.
I'm not trying to act like anything but I thought I was asking a simple question. Where did you post that at?
But your still avoiding my questions? I'm not trying to trick you or play games. I'm just tryng to get you to reason on what the "Bible" says not what the trinity doctrine says.
Don't cop out on me just because you don't have the answers.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Apr 11
1 edit

20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

21He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Well the one speaking is The risen Christ and who's throne is he sitting on? He overcame to sit on who's throne? The fathers!!!! So plain so simple Give Christ his due.

Rev 3:20-21

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Apr 11

Originally posted by menace71
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

21He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Well the one speaking is The risen Christ and who's throne is he ...[text shortened]... who's throne? The fathers!!!! So plain so simple Give Christ his due.

Rev 3:20-21

Manny
Good scripture and thanks for showing it to me, but.....he is sharing it with his Father as it says here just as a King of a worldly nation would share his throne with say a a prince. Sharing shows 2 beings not one.
Still curious where the Holy Spirit is? If all 3 are equal in power and knowledge according to the trinity, why is it not here in this scripture as well as many more I've posted and asked this same question. No one yet has answered this question....

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Apr 11

Good scripture and thanks for showing it to me, but.....he is sharing it with his Father as it says here just as a King of a worldly nation would share his throne with say a a prince. Sharing shows 2 beings not one.
Still curious where the Holy Spirit is? If all 3 are equal in power and knowledge according to the trinity, why is it not here in this scr ...[text shortened]... s many more I've posted and asked this same question. No one yet has answered this question....
22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Your splitting hairs now my friend. Fine Christ is sharing who's throne? He sharing his fathers throne. Also think about this and how silly it sounds

22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the "active force" says to the churches.'"

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Apr 11

When Christ is speaking to His Churches He repeats this phrase Let him hear what the spirit says to the churches

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Apr 11

So this active force can speak and be lied to and can dwell among his people
Just sounds bizarre to me.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 11

I'm not trying to act like anything but I thought I was asking a simple question. Where did you post that at?
But your still avoiding my questions? I'm not trying to trick you or play games. I'm just tryng to get you to reason on what the "Bible" says not what the trinity doctrine says.
Don't cop out on me just because you don't have the answers.
Read Hebrews chapter 1

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions
and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He
appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is
the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and
upholds all things by the word of His Power. When He had made purification
of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high; having become
as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name
than they. For to which of the angels did He ever say, "Thou art My Son,
today I have begotten Thee"? And again, "I will be a Father to Him and He
shall be a Son to Me"? (Hebrew 1:1-5 NASB)

But of the Son He says, "THY Throne , O God, is forever and ever, and the
righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness
and hated lawless; therefore God, Thy God hath anointed thee with the oil of
gladness above Thy companions." (Hebrews 1:8-9 NASB)

God the Father appointed His son "heir" of all things. All things include the
Throne of God. But for awhile, until His enemies are made a footstool by
the Father, the Son must sit down on the Fathers right hand to wait. Then,
in verse 8 and 9 the Father turns over the scepter to the Throne in Heaven
to the Son and annoints Him King and ruler of the everlasting Kingdom in
Heaven.

The Jehovah's Witnesses accept the fact that the Son will be ruler in Heaven
but they believe 144,000 will help Him rule. Where else could the Son rule
from if not the Throne of God, which He inherited as a part of "all things"?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 11

Still curious where the Holy Spirit is? If all 3 are equal in power and knowledge according to the trinity, why is it not here in this scr ...[text shortened]... s many more I've posted and asked this same question. No one yet has answered this question....
I already told you the Holy Spirit has duties helping those on the earth
or, as the Witnessess call it, the paradise earth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 11

I don't think you are going to get it, due to the Johovah's Witnesses blinders.