Is Jesus too liberal for Republicans?

Is Jesus too liberal for Republicans?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
284d

@vivify

My sincere thanks - I need to have a cogitate 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
284d

@medullah said
Can you support that claim scripturally, I’m not saying that you’re wrong but it isn’t a theme that I’m familiar with ?
The man lives in a society worse than Sodom and Gomorrah and he keeps belittling Christians, begging the rich for money and reparations. He is a promoter of BLM and Woke. He is a son of Satan.

rain

Moves
284d

@rajk999 said
The man lives in a society worse than Sodom and Gomorrah and he keeps belittling Christians, begging the rich for money and reparations. He is a promoter of BLM and Woke. He is a son of Satan.
Yet Jesus said you're the one going to hell.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
284d

@rajk999 said
Actually Jesus said that about not helping his "brothers and sisters".

You think a man impregnating several women, abandoning his children, taking drugs, engaging in violent crime is one of Christ's brothers? Or a women screwing around the village, causing havoc with men, prostituting herself is one of Christ's sisters ?

You people are hilarous.
And yet the adultress Jesus saved from stoning is.

Still time to get yourself straight. Open your eyes.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
284d

@vivify said
If Christianity were mostly about doing that which Jesus commissioned, it would be wrong to criticize the entire religion. But Christianity as a whole continues to be a blight on humanity.

It has never been a force for good. There are individual Christian people and organizations that do genuine good for people....but as a whole, the complete opposite.
Well, I hardly know where to begin, except to say that you have clearly expressed an extremist and bias view based on faulty misinformation.

"Blight on humanity"? You don't realize it, but Christianity isn't about or for what you think it is. "Christianity" isn't going to change the world one way or the other, if you stop and think about it, and neither will any other religious institution out there.

Human nature, being what it is, prevents that from happening.

Christ, or Christianity, is about changing the human heart, one person at a time.

And if you think Jesus was some kind of a joke, and that he didn't mean what he said, and that the Bible is full of myths, and Jesus ain't comin' back like he said he will, you can bet your life on it that you'll will be rudely awakened when he does.

And when he does no one is gonna get away with murder, or lying, or stealing, or being a jackass in his kingdom.

And if you intend to scoff at that keep to yourself. I've heard it all before.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
284d

@rajk999 said
Double down, go ahead.

You know not what you do.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
284d

@josephw said
Well, I hardly know where to begin, except to say that you have clearly expressed an extremist and bias view based on faulty misinformation.

"Blight on humanity"? You don't realize it, but Christianity isn't about or for what you think it is. "Christianity" isn't going to change the world one way or the other, if you stop and think about it, and neither will any other reli ...[text shortened]... ss in his kingdom.

And if you intend to scoff at that keep to yourself. I've heard it all before.
Most of the ones to be "rudely awakened" are those Christians who do not follow Jesus and who stand around all day talking about righteousness without understanding what that means, and making excuses about why they put people down all the time without helping them.

The ones truly walking the walk have nothing to fear, but those who do the talk without doing the walk are those Jesus tells "I never knew you". AND they'll be the most surprised when it happens.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
284d

@rajk999 said
Are you on the side of the road beaten up ? NO... you moron. On the contrary, you are going around committing all kinds of grievous sins, committing adultery and fornication, shooting people, abusing everyone one around you, stealing and promoting homosexuality and all kinds of perversions... including worshipping Satan... you sick piece of garbage... you people are worse than Sodom and Gomorrah. God would be happy if you people are eliminated from this planet.
You cannot stop yourself, can you?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
284d

@vivify said
See parable of the Good Samaritan, about foreigners who are not "brothers and sisters" but according Jesus were the actual neighbors instead of fellow Jews who did not show mercy.

Not that it matters; if your actual "brothers and sisters" were poor you'd blame them and treat them like scum.

There's no need to keep going round and round. You hate the poor. They're disgusting to you. We got it.

That's why Jesus said you're going to hell.
If I were you I wouldn't bother trying to correct or explain anything to Rajk because he appears to be incapable of juxtaposing one, maybe two, abstract concepts into a single coherent idea.

Rajk's penchant for making false claims about what the Bible says is historic in this forum, but of course you know that.

Rajk has one drum beat.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
284d

@vivify said
Matthew 25: 42-46
The very same verses Rajk posts all the time.

So he can't claim he was unaware.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
284d

@josephw said
If I were you I wouldn't bother trying to correct or explain anything to Rajk because he appears to be incapable of juxtaposing one, maybe two, abstract concepts into a single coherent idea.

Rajk's penchant for making false claims about what the Bible says is historic in this forum, but of course you know that.

Rajk has one drum beat.
That's a beginning.

rain

Moves
284d
1 edit

@josephw said
"Blight on humanity"? You don't realize it, but Christianity isn't about or for what you think it is. "Christianity" isn't going to change the world one way or the other
What an incredibly false and ignorant statement. Christianity is responsible for some of the worst humanitarian travesties in history. The sheer scale of torture and murder caused by organized Christianity is unparalleled. There are still people alive today who have witnessed white supremacist Christians lynch blacks.

You live in this bubble where 100 percent of your information comes from a pulpit about how wonderful Christianity is.

Christianity has drastically affected the world for the worst.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
284d
1 edit

@suzianne said
Most of the ones to be "rudely awakened" are those Christians who do not follow Jesus and who stand around all day talking about righteousness without understanding what that means, and making excuses about why they put people down all the time without helping them.

The ones truly walking the walk have nothing to fear, but those who do the talk without doing the walk are those Jesus tells "I never knew you". AND they'll be the most surprised when it happens.
Frankly I'm not overly concerned about who will or won't make it across the Jordan. God knows his own.

Besides, this, i.e. false churches, Christians, doctrines, etc. etc. has been around for at least 6 millennium.

It's nothing new, and won't end till Jesus sets foot on the mount of Olives.

I agree with your second paragraph.

rain

Moves
284d

@josephw said

Rajk has one drum beat.
No matter how heated our debates get I am relieved that there are Christians who denounce members of their faith who think like him.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
284d

@vivify said
What an incredibly false and ignorant statement. Christianity is responsible for some of the worst humanitarian travesties in history. The sheer scale of torture and murder caused by organized Christianity is unparalleled. There are still people alive today who have witnessed white supremacist Christians lynch blacks.

You live in this bubble where 100 percent of your i ...[text shortened]... out how wonderful Christianity is.

Christianity has drastically affected the world for the worst.
You're deceived by a false narrative.

"Christians" are by far the most persecuted, to the death, group of people on the planet.

Take off the blinders.