1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 02:27
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Ok .. you disappointed?
    Yes. He healed some, and left the rest in their misery.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 02:32
    Originally posted by chaney3
    You continue to demonstrate a predominance of pessimism and negativity. An optimist and a positive thinker would say that he is happy that some people were healed. You rather lament that Jesus did not heal all. And you wonder why you have so many personal problems.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 02:39
    You continue to demonstrate a predominance of pessimism and negativity. An optimist and a positive thinker would say that he is happy that some people were healed. You rather lament that Jesus did not heal all. And you wonder why you have so many personal problems.
    And you defend Jesus at all costs, even when it doesn't make sense.

Jesus would heal a man, then walk straight past another sick man who needed healing. His healing made NO sense.

Willing. Was He willing?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 02:48
    And you defend Jesus at all costs, even when it doesn't make sense.

Jesus would heal a man, then walk straight past another sick man who needed healing. His healing made NO sense.
    How many people do you think he should have healed? What story would "make sense" to you?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 02:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    How many people do you think he should have healed? What story would "make sense" to you?
    He should have healed all of them.

If He was 'willing'. But He was not.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 02:59
    He should have healed all of them.
    Where? All over the world?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 05:021 edit
    It seems clear that Jesus picked and choosed who He healed and who He didn't.
    No it doesn't. As usual you are reading your immaturity into the text, instead of reading what is actually there. You don't know your Bible anywhere near well enough to troll the Christians in here.

Give me one example of where Jesus refused to heal someone?

There is an account where he left a town because of their lack of faith, and there is also an account of how someone apparently healed themself just but touching him.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 05:05
    Jesus would heal a man, then walk straight past another sick man who needed healing.
    Scripture??
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 05:05
    Scripture??
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 05:074 edits
    The term 'willing' here, seems to imply 'if you feel like it...
    Maybe it does, but it was the sick person who used it and who knows what was in his head.

What was Jesus actual response to the man?

Go on...look it up.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 08:10
    Mark 1:40-45 tells the story of Jesus healing the man with leprosy. What's interesting about this account is in the way the man asked his question. He didn't just ask to be healed, he asked Jesus if He was 'willing' to heal him.

It's clear that God and/or Jesus can heal us....but are they willing to?

Any comments?
    Not sure here why you are transferring the language of the leper on to Jesus. - It is more likely that the leper (in no short part due to his leprosy) was accustomed to people 'not' being willing to help him. It is not at all surprising he would approach Jesus tentatively in regards to his willingness to help.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 11:201 edit
    Mark 1:40-45 tells the story of Jesus healing the man with leprosy. What's interesting about this account is in the way the man asked his question. He didn't just ask to be healed, he asked Jesus if He was 'willing' to heal him.

It's clear that God and/or Jesus can heal us....but are they willing to?

Any comments?
    Are there other things the need to be healed beside physical maladies?

Let's say I am very anxious and consumed with worry with mistrust in God's heart and God's care. Might I need healing from that ?

Let's say I am envious and covetous wanting jealously many things, position, vain glory, status of someone/s. Might I need healing from that ?

Man is not just a physical body.
    Man has a soul and a spirit.

Contemplate this a bit. And while you read notice that sometimes Jesus physically healed someone and commanded them not to say anything. But they could not resist. They could not obey His word and broadcast their good fortune anyway.

I use to think this was great. Wow, the news went "viral" - Jesus healed me physically!
    Then one day it dawned upon me. He had healed their physical part. But something in their soul was still awry, not willing to go along with God, not submissive to God's will.

There are other things in us which need the healing of Christ.
    For Christ's plan is that we become like Him in all three parts of our being - spirit and soul and body.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 11:571 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Are there other things the need to be [b]healed beside physical maladies?

Let's say I am very anxious and consumed with worry with mistrust in God's heart and God's care. Might I need healing from that ?

Let's say I am envious and covetous wanting jealously many things, position, vain glory, status of someone/s. Might I need healing[/b ...[text shortened]... an is that we become like Him in all three parts of our being - [b]spirit and soul and body.[/b]
    If I remember correctly, there is no record of Christ or disciples healing anyone any other way but physically. The healing of other ailments like disobedience or sinfulness is not something on record that Jesus healed. So I suspect you are wrong, and that you are continuing on your path of fabricating your own doctrine contrary to the bible ... again, and again you do that.

What the Bible does say is that Jesus / God can
    - forgive disobedience
    - cleanse someone of past sins and unrighteousness

That is a completely different thing from saying that Jesus heals someone to the extent that they dont sin anymore. God does not do that. While I dont have a computer in my head, I would be very surprised if you do find such a record in the Bible.

Even the saved Christian Saints, still possess the free will to sin if they so choose. Having Gods Spirit, having HS gifts etc does not stop Christians from commuting sins. This is in line with Paul and other Apostles warning Saints that they need to CLEANSE THEMSELVES, They have to do it. They need to start it.. NOT GOD. GOD DOES NOT DO THAT. Free will continues, GOD ASSISTS IF AND ONLY IF THE PERSON HAS THE RIGHT ATTITUDE AND IS HELPING HIMSELF.

If you do have such proof that Jesus heals people so that they dont sin in the future then I would be happy to see these references. But what I suspect you would do instead is fire off a barrage of unrelated nonsensical passages, and foolish interpretations, all bolded and in large font, but which are completely off the point.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 12:501 edit
    If I remember correctly, there is no record of Christ or disciples healing anyone any other way but physically. The healing of other ailments like disobedience or sinfulness is not something on record that Jesus healed.

You don't think that Jesus healed something in Peter after he had denied Jesus three times ? You don't think something self confident, arrogant, presumptuous and proud, was not healed by in Peter ?

I do. I think the lesson Peter learned about being a leader among the twelve disciples were humbling, healing, correcting and that they probably effected his soul for the rest of his life.

So I suspect you are wrong, and that you are continuing on your path of fabricating your own doctrine contrary to the bible ... again, and again you do that.

You invite me to fellowship. But you warn me up front that what I have to say is "garbage". This is royal poisoning of the well.

"Do you still believe that garbage?"

If you had some sincere questions about what I wrote, you could simply ask. You don't have to agree. But you could ask your problematic questions.

But when you ask and tell me before hand that what I believe is garbage, i have no heart to talk. And I think that is the effect you wish to get.

It is like a chess player brings a bad odor into the room. Then when the opposite player clears out, he thinks it is because of his un-defeatable chess skills. Actually the rooms just smells too awful.

Stop poisoning the well.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 12:521 edit

What the Bible does say is that Jesus / God can
    - forgive disobedience
    - cleanse someone of past sins and unrighteousness

How about Second Chronicles 2:17 ?

New American Standard Bible
    and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

My bolding.

How about Hosea 7:1

"When i would heal Israel, Then the iniquity of Ephraim is discovered as well as the evil deeds of Samaria ..."

He is speaking of a moral and spiritual healing and not just of physical problems.

How about God saying He will heal their waywardness or "apostasy" ?

Hosea 14;4

" I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely."

That is a completely different thing from saying that Jesus heals someone to the extent that they dont sin anymore. God does not do that. While I dont have a computer in my head, I would be very surprised if you do find such a record in the Bible.

On the other hand when Psalm 23 says that Shepherd, the Lord, "restores my soul" we could think of that as a kind of healing in the soul.

"Jehovah is my Shepherd; I will lack nothing ... He leads me beside waters of rest. He restores my soul.

He guides me on the paths of righteousness."

Jesus is the Good Shepherd.
    Jesus is Jehovah God, the Shepherd of Psalm 23 become a Man.

In Hebrews 11 the speaks of healing the joints which are out of place. But the analogy points to spiritual and moral healing .

"Therefore set straight the hands which hang down and the paralyzed knees, And make straight paths for your feet, that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be HEALED." (Heb. 11:12,13)

He is really talking about the spiritual limbs for the spiritual and moral walk.

It is not too much to view Christ dispensing His life into believers as their HEALING.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree