Is Roman Catholicism Christianity

Is Roman Catholicism Christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by galveston75
Also another BIG thing the Cathoilics do is confession which is not Bible based and is infact of pagan origin. "The Catholic Encyclo. P.58 & 1967 Vol 11 P 75.
And the Bible again says it's only thru Jesus that one can ask for forgiveness of sins. No imperfect human can do that.
Matt 6:6-12, Ps 32:5, 1John 2:1.

Also according to The US Catholic Ma ...[text shortened]... ly "one" father in the heavens.

How do the Catholics possibly justify these actions?
http://www.stmarymagdalen.org/Sacraments/WhyGo.htm

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by daniel58
http://www.stmarymagdalen.org/Sacraments/WhyGo.htm
That is all fine and dandy but again The Catholic "Fathers" are stepping ahead of the Bible, putting themselves up on pedistles along side Jesus and making themselves something that only Jesus can be. Jesus not once ever said to go to another human first, middle or last in their prayers to God.
Daniel you need to get a better understanding of the Bible, do lots and lots of historical reasearch on the Catholic church and see just how many things they do that is not in accordance with the Bible.
Most religions do miss the truth to one degree or another, but the Catholics are way up there. I do not mean to be offensive here Daniel. You know I like you and I wish you the best.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by menace71
Also not understand the mass? When going to the house of God it's to listen and learn. Dude my Mom knew nothing of the bible because of her catholic up bringing. She was taught that the father would interpret scripture for you. The bible was not for laity. When I finally read scripture to her from 1 John she started crying. The Catholic Church is all about ...[text shortened]... & thoughts. Better not have your own thoughts! Poor Galileo what a fine example.

Manny
What do you mean "not understand the mass"? 😕

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by galveston75
That is all fine and dandy but again The Catholic "Fathers" are stepping ahead of the Bible, putting themselves up on pedistles along side Jesus and making themselves something that only Jesus can be. Jesus not once ever said to go to another human first, middle or last in their prayers to God.
Daniel you need to get a better understanding of the Bible ...[text shortened]... there. I do not mean to be offensive here Daniel. You know I like you and I wish you the best.
Unless you yourself have been to a confession, you are not likely to understand it. Throughout the whole confession, the penitent is encouraged to direct his confession to God. The penitent says 'O my God, I am so sorry I have sinned against you'. The penitent does not is not praying to anyone else than God. What is controversial is the Catholic belief that the priest has the power to absolve. There is nothing controversial about confession itself (there are many instances in the NT). What Protestants generally dispute is that the priest absolves the person of these confessed sins.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Sep 09

Also not understand the mass? When going to the house of God it's to listen and learn. Dude my Mom knew nothing of the bible because of her catholic up bringing. She was taught that the father would interpret scripture for you. The bible was not for laity. When I finally read scripture to her from 1 John she started crying. The Catholic Church is all about ...[text shortened]... & thoughts. Better not have your own thoughts! Poor Galileo what a fine example.

Manny
Most Catholics do not attend the Latin Mass. In my state, which has I think 200 churches, there are only three which offer it regularly (but they must also offer English). The Mass in the vernacular differs from the Tridentine Mass, which Daniel described. There will three Scripture readings, one from the OT, one from the writings of St. Paul or sometimes another epistle, and then a gospel reading. Catholics should now be very familiar with the Scriptures.

In any case, the Latin Mass is not difficult to follow. There are many formulas which you will remember and which will be used througout the Mass. Churches will also offer Missal books which will contain the translation. It is also noteworthy that whereas the Roman Catholic Church has generally abandoned Latin, its official language, many other churches cling to their traditional language (such as the Greek Orthodox Church in which Masses are often conducted in an antiquated version of Greek.)

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by Palynka
What do you mean "not understand the mass"? 😕
I responding to Daniel58. He said we are not to understand the Mass. I said I don't understand it. 🙂

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
07 Sep 09

Originally posted by Conrau K
Most Catholics do not attend the Latin Mass. In my state, which has I think 200 churches, there are only three which offer it regularly (but they must also offer English). The Mass in the vernacular differs from the Tridentine Mass, which Daniel described. There will three Scripture readings, one from the OT, one from the writings of St. Paul or sometimes a ...[text shortened]... he Greek Orthodox Church in which Masses are often conducted in an antiquated version of Greek.)
Thanks for the elaboration on the Catholic service & Mass. I even understand the confession part. I think it's as I said Catholics come in all shapes & colors. Running the gambit from liberal to conservative.

Manny

rc

Moves
07 Sep 09
1 edit

corpus christi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2007_Corpus_Christi_in_Lowicz.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Liechtenstein_Corpus_Christi.jpg

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Sep 09

What are these pics? Mary worshipers?

Manny

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Sep 09
1 edit

What are these pics? Mary worshipers?

Manny
No; it is the procession of the Blessed Sacrament in which the Eucharist is carried in a golden monstrance (the spiky thing that the priest holds). You can see it in this picture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File: Procession_with_blessed_sacrament_1.jpg

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Sep 09

Catholics believe that the Eucharist literally becomes Christ right? Most do anyway right? See I don't believe that at all. I think I get it. Corpus Christi does that mean body of Christ?

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Sep 09

I just don't believe a wafer or cracker becomes Christ. It symbolic. I do believe in the sacraments in a symbolic way. The God of the universe becomes a wafer or cracker? Just don't buy it. I've been in services that were protestant that used bread.

Manny

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
08 Sep 09
1 edit

I responding to Daniel58. He said we are not to understand the Mass. I said I don't understand it. 🙂

Manny
Yes, but you also say your mother knew nothing of the Bible because of her Catholic upbringing. This sounds strange to me, because Catholic mass includes reading passages of the Bible. Latin Mass is extremely uncommon nowadays. I didn't even know it still existed.

F

Moves
08 Sep 09

The Bible can't contradict Itself.
Yet it does...

F

Moves
08 Sep 09

No I said pray TO Mary.
Mary is not a god.