1. Gangster Land
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 12:03
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Hmmmm…damages…you mean like how they make people feel? What do you consider to be an example of damages? Why bother to have a TOS?
    Look, it was simply my attempt to express to you the idea that if you let a bunch of nut cases on an internet chess site effect your day to day perhaps it is you with the problem.

Example of damages? Do you fear for your life? Are you paranoid that at any moment some athiest from the website is going to jump out from behind a building and flash you? Because unless you are afraid of some sort of bodily injury or theft etc etc you should probably just learn to be a bit tougher...it might even help other areas of your life. In fact your concern for what people on this site think of you suggest that maybe you do not have many real life friends...I can;t say for sure but something just seems off. You seem like a decent fellow and I'm sure if you tried you could make dozens of great real life friends which would in turn help you to be less sensitive when dealing with "online people". Do you live in the US? I know quite a few very nice people all over the country, perhaps I could arrange a meeting? Seriously, it would be no problem at all.

The reason we have a TOS is so that admins can keep control of the site in whatever way THEY SEE FIT. No website, to my knowledge, in the history of the internet has actually followed, to the letter, its own rules. They just don;t do it. For one thing it is a huge pain in the butt and the admins of these kinds of sites assume two things... 1. Most reasonable people will police themselves to a large extent. 2. Most reasonable people have pretty thick skin when it comes to the words of annonymous internet forum posters. Finally, my wife is a lawyer so I can speak with some authority on this (very little actually)...but my hunch is the TOS is a great big butt cover for Russ. If some crazy person ever does jump the shark and start attempting to actually hurt someone or stalk someone...post somebody's personal details in the forums...whatever...Russ can point to the TOS and say "This person agreed to the rules of the site before posting and then did not follow them...NOT MY FAULT" and it will work like a charm.

That is it, the TOS does not exist to protect you it exists ONLY to protect Russ and for use as an outline for reasonable people to understand Russ's vision for what he would like these forums to be. The mods do a great job of keeping the fourms from becoming a flame war but aside from that they rightly leave people alone.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

TheSkipper
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 13:332 edits

Calm down, please, I have nothing against you, really.
    Proverbs 16:27 An ungodly man diggeth up evil: and in his lips there is as a burning fire.

Well I do know that Russ just kicked a member out of RHP for swearing in the clan goading posts.

Let me guess. This member was not popular with the others i.e. not many recs.

Russ does od bless. Hey, next time you strike up a conversation with God, ask him about me would you? 🙂
    Calm down, please,

Im not upset yet.

I have nothing against you, really.

hmmmmm really.

I’m talking about keeping the forum descent, not becoming a basket case. Thats good.

I am a sinner!

Is this a boast? Jesus tells us not to sin.

No its not a boast its a fact as paul said in 1st Tim 1:15 "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am chief."

Saved only by Gods Grace! Just like everybody else. Its nothing I do, or dont do.

This is not true. There are plenty of things that a good Christian needs to do.

Then you are saying the bible is not true. It says "For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves it is a gift of God. Not by works lest any man should boast." as you seem to be doing. (Ephesians 2:8,9)

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder for them that diligently seek him.:

this is so true as the Faith that God gives makes it possible to believe Him .. read on

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? Romans 2:1-4

There are plenty of things that a good Christian needs to do.
    There are no good christians of themselfs. It is Christ in us thats good. Not of ourselfs. Only God is good. "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not. " Romans 7:18

yes, of course we will do good works.. but they won't save us.. they will happen because we are saved!

2 Tim 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, .that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work

Good scripture. I hope your being instructed and finding the correction you need.

If you were not worthy of Jesus he would never have come down here for you. If we are not worthy of Jesus why does he tell us to be like him? God made us in his image.

There is some truth to this. However I did not earn my salvation. Again it is a gift from God threw His love and mercy.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (King James Version)I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortionists, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13But them that are without God judgeth.Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

here Paul is saying not to keep company with someone who says they are a Christian but still does these things unashamedly. BUT he is also saying, that you will have to deal with sinners in the world and keep company with them to get them saved.. as Paul ate meat sacrificed to false gods with sinners to get them saved and did not become rude to them in doing so.

Remembering again that we are all sinners .. as Paul stated.
    Believe it! DAMMIT! 😏
    Even Jesus said, Jhn 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Filthy sinners don’t come to know God, try not to sin. If you must boast, boast about that.

This is so false. Then none of us would know God. Again this is not a boast. Im confessing my sins one to another and pointing to the fact that God is Great not me.

"The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, [and] seek God. They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become filthy: [there is] none that doeth good, no, not one." Psalm 14:2,3

"But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."Isaiah 64:6

Mar 2:17 "When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. "

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

And again (more instruction for you 😀 ) 1Ti 1:15 This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Uh…I pray for the world, does that count? If it makes any difference I have forgiven everybody (and I continue to do so). 😞

Of course it matters. But being specific in your prayers (using names) is just as important as general praying. but Good Job Anyway... at least you are trying. and the forgiving part is hard but Good Job at doing it. 😀 If I recall.. Jesus said pray for those you consider your enemies.. 🙂

God bless. Hey, next time you strike up a conversation with God, ask him about me would you? 🙂

What were you saying about personal attacks? hmmmm But I suppose this is a good clean christian attack without swear words. so that makes it ok i guess. Otherwise i would have to report it to Russ. I could almost swear this a blessing and a cursing comming out of the same breath. 🙄

Take Care and God Bless. David
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 15:49
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Good post David, I enjoyed reading it. The word of God is accurate. You may have received revelation about the contradiction but you didn't get the details. The apparent contradiction is resolved when you do a study and find there were 4 others crucified with Him, making it a total of 5 crosses. For more study on this go here....

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=516

BTW, you get my rec.
    Thank you. And im glad you enjoyed it. Yes the word of God is 100% accurate. And I dont mean this as an attack on you at all. But I must speak Gods truth. It says in every gospel that there were two thiefs crucified with Jesus not four. And it also says that the two crucified with Him hurled insults not four. Be careful who your listening too. I would never give a web site the time of day that speaks against scripture. Theres people out there that try and make other people think that they have the hidden truths of God, and no one else does, They (satan & demons threw people) try to bring the pride out of people and make them think they have more knowledge than the rest. So they say follow them. Dont! The truths you need are all in the bible plain and clear. Just follow Jesus and no man. anything you dont understand at first you will in time if you keep seeking God. If you dont beleave me look it up in the bible yourself. take care and God bless you. David
  4. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 17:17
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Or option 3, Jesus really was just a nice guy and the stories were exagerated for political gain (not necessarily by Jesus).
    I'm confused.
    You're a scientist and you say you base your conclusions on evidence. OK. I can understand that. But you haven't given me any evidence for this conclusion. May I know what that evidence is?

DF

PS
    I ask because I know a lot of people think as you do and I'm trying to understand that way of thinking. To me it seems contradictory.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 18:03
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    Thank you. And im glad you enjoyed it. Yes the word of God is 100% accurate. And I dont mean this as an attack on you at all. But I must speak Gods truth. It says in every gospel that there were two thiefs crucified with Jesus not four. And it also says that the two crucified with Him hurled insults not four. Be careful who your listening too. I ...[text shortened]... . If you dont beleave me look it up in the bible yourself. take care and God bless you. David
    I understand what you are saying, but I know these people personally. BTW...they use scripture for all they say and I have to say we all need direction or help understanding the scriptures. Consider the following...

Acts 8:27-35
    27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
    28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
    29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
    30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
    31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
    33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
    34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
    35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
    (KJV)

🙂
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 18:50
    I understand what you are saying, but I know these people personally. BTW...they use scripture for all they say and I have to say we all need direction or help understanding the scriptures. Consider the following...

Acts 8:27-35
    27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopi ...[text shortened]... lip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
    (KJV)

🙂
    I will check out what they say. But if it does not line up with scripture, which im suspecting! I will write it off. I just checked once again and Every Gospel states two were crucified with Jesus and that they were robbers. One to the left and the other on the right. You have to remember also satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness with twisted meaning of scripture, trying to get Him (Jesus) to jump off the pinnacle of the temple. Therefore we know that satan and his demons or anyone can twist the meaning of scripture to fit there will and not Gods.

Im not saying your friends aren't christians just that they may be very mistaken since it does not line up with the four different but same gospels of Gods word. God Bless. David
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 19:215 edits
    I will check out what they say. But if it does not line up with scripture, which im suspecting! I will write it off. I just checked once again and Every Gospel states two were crucified with Jesus and that they were robbers. One to the left and the other on the right. [b]You have to remember also satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness with twisted mea it does not line up with the four different but same gospels of Gods word. God Bless. David
    I understand your caution....but the 4 gospels compliment one another in this study.

2 Tim 2:15
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    (KJV)

Prov 2:3-5
    3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
    4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
    5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
    (KJV)

These verses suggest a careful and concise study of God's Word.🙂

I edited four times and can't seem to get rid of the bold text...??
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 21:10
    I understand your caution....but the 4 gospels compliment one another in this study.

2 Tim 2:15
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    (KJV)

Prov 2:3-5
    3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
    4 If thou seekest her as s ...[text shortened]... study of God's Word.🙂

I edited four times and can't seem to get rid of the bold text...??
    As God is my witness I have done all these scriptures in my studys of Gods Word. and continue to do so. Im very careful and concise. I live in a area were I battle against so called tradition of religion all the time. And many, many I say dont like me cause im not one to go with the flow if its wrong. I have read the study and still dont buy it. It does not line up with scripture and it suggests that again we are lied to in this day and age do to errs in translation to the present. Which I beleave God has protected his word to present so we can not be lied to. And even if there was 4 others beside Jesus hung on the cross that day with Jesus it doesnt change a thing. And really is not important. Except that my first post on this issue is compleatly false and that it was not God telling me what He did, but someone else. And we both know who that would be. Which is wrong also. I can understand some of their confusion maybe. due to the greek translation and their too intense deviding of scripture to find some more hidden truths. And also from being lied to by man and religions in the past. which we all know has happened and has made just about all of us trust no one. But that does not mean dont trust the bible and God also. This is why we ALL need to read & study the bible ourselfs so we as a people and ourselfs can not be led astray anymore. There is way to many different secs today, and they all claim they are the way and that everyone else is wrong. And most secs claim everyone else is going to hell but they themselfs are not. Wrong again. We are all part of the body of Christ. Yes every religion has things wrong with it but does this mean they are going to hell. No! that is false judging. If you judge another religion for there faults you better hope your religion doesnt have any faults also. Because you will be judged the same way you judge others. And with the same measure you judge others, it will be measured back to you as Christ said. If Jesus is there cornerstone they are the body of Christ. I will copy this study and do a careful and concise study of the greek. Also I will consult some wise people whom I know have a great relationship with God. And truly have the gift of knowledge with a humble spirit. which is very hard to find by the way. But I know a couple. and then i will get back to you. until then I still dont bye it. But I have been wrong before and im sure i will again. lol God Bless. David
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 22:46
    As God is my witness I have done all these scriptures in my studys of Gods Word. and continue to do so. Im very careful and concise. I live in a area were I battle against so called tradition of religion all the time. And many, many I say dont like me cause im not one to go with the flow if its wrong. I have read the study and still dont buy it. ...[text shortened]... till dont bye it. But I have been wrong before and im sure i will again. lol God Bless. David
    I agree it is not important. Two or four changes nothing. What this study reveals is how beautifully the bible is put together. I am not saying your revelation was wrong. Only that it lacked detail, which was not necessary at the time.
    I know there are many different sects and that no one has all the truth. We are non denominational and I too have problems with traditional Christianity. As far as being saved, no matter what sect, John 3:16 and Romans 10:9,10 still ring true.

John 3:16
    16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    (KJV)

Rom 10:9-11
    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

(KJV)

God bless....🙂
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 23:22
    I agree it is not important. Two or four changes nothing. What this study reveals is how beautifully the bible is put together. I am not saying your revelation was wrong. Only that it lacked detail, which was not necessary at the time.
    I know there are many different sects and that no one has all the truth. We are non denominational and I too have probl ...[text shortened]... scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

(KJV)

God bless....🙂[/b]
    Like I said I will study and look into it farther. And Amen to the rest brother.🙂
  11. Colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 00:495 edits
    Calm down, please,

Im not upset yet.

I have nothing against you, really.

hmmmmm really.

I’m talking about keeping the forum descent, not becoming a basket case. Thats good.

I am a sinner!

No its not a boast its a fact as paul said in 1st Tim 1:15 "This is a faithful saying and worth nd a cursing comming out of the same breath. 🙄

Take Care and God Bless. David[/b]
    I am a sinner!

No its not a boast its a fact as paul said in 1st Tim 1:15 "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am chief."

To call yourself a sinner is just a cop out. Sinners sin. This implies that you have no choice in the matter. It’s a very bad excuse.

When people accept God into their lives they are no longer sinners. If the problem is that people are sinners, then the solution is to not be a sinner. If Jesus believed that we had no choice in the matter then he would never have said a thing like this.

John 5:14 Afterwards, Jesus findeth him in the temple and said unto him: Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

I think it’s safe to assume that Jesus didn’t just like to here the sound of his voice, he actually expected people to follow his advise.

There are plenty of things that a good Christian needs to do.

Saved only by Gods Grace! Just like everybody else. Its nothing I do, or dont do.
    Then you are saying the bible is not true. It says "For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves it is a gift of God. Not by works lest any man should boast." as you seem to be doing. (Ephesians 2:8,9)

St. Paul is correct that the grace of God saves us. It was God’s grace that sent Jesus down here to save us. and that not of yourselves it is a gift of God. Not by works lest any man should boast This part of it simply means that when a Christian does good works, it shouldn’t be to win the admiration of people. It’s the same principle that Jesus discussed in Matt 6:1-6. When a Christian does something good and makes it known so that people think highly of him, then he has already received his reward. If it is done in secret, then God rewards him.

Jesus tells us to do works. Jesus told his followers, 'Why call ye me Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?' and then he went around preaching all kinds of good works for us to do. This is what Jesus says

Rev 2:19 "I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first."

In fact, Rev 1-3 pretty much says this same thing over and over again. Here is just one of many examples from the gospels I could have chosen.

Matt 19:21 If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Here Jesus says that charity (a good work) can gain treasure in Heaven.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to
    God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder for them that diligently seek him.

this is so true as the Faith that God gives makes it possible to believe Him .. read on
    Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
    But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? Romans 2:1-4

Ok, you’ve accepted that without faith we cannot please God. Here is the passage that you skipped over.

James 2:26 "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." KJV

What does it say?

There are no good christians of themselfs. It is Christ in us thats good. Not of ourselfs. Only God is good. "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth [b]no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not." Romans 7:18[/b]

Let me ask you this, do you believe that Jesus was good? If so then a successful Christian must be good also.

Matt 10:24-25 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his Lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his Lord… If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household.

Jesus clearly says that a true Christian will become as he is. St. Paul specifies that he is talking about his flesh. Jesus is talking about our soul/consciousness.

If you were not worthy of Jesus he would never have come down here for you. If we are not worthy of Jesus why does he tell us to be like him? God made us in his image.

There is some truth to this. However I did not earn my salvation. Again it is a gift from God threw His love and mercy.

Matthew 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Read the scripture. Christians have to make the effort.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (King James Version)I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortionists, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13But them that are without God judgeth.Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

here Paul is saying not to keep company with someone who says they are a Christian but still does these things unashamedly. BUT he is also saying, that you will have to deal with sinners in the world and keep company with them to get them saved.. as Paul ate meat sacrificed to false gods with sinners to get them saved and did not become rude to them in doing so.

What Paul is saying here is that the wicked, whether they call themselves Christians or not, should be avoided. A Christian should not go up to a bunch of Cripps in L.A. and try to convert them.

Paul of coarse preached to and converted those who are not Christians. It’s my belief that most people are not wicked, it’s just that they are not Christians.

Filthy sinners don’t come to know God, try not to sin. If you must boast, boast about that.

This is so false. Then none of us would know God.

Let me rephrase, A sinner can become righteous, but while still a sinner it is impossible to come to know God. First it is necessary to accept God it your heart.

Again this is not a boast. Im confessing my sins one to another and pointing to the fact that God is Great not me.

You're apologizing in advance for the sins that you know you’re going to commit. This goes against what Jesus tells us. The idea is not to sin.

"The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, [and] seek God. They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become filthy: [there is] none that doeth good, no, not one." Psalm 14:2,3 "But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."Isaiah 64:6

This is OT. Jesus’ teachings contradict this. To reconcile we could say that at one point all are sinners, but that changes. The verse says that none seek God. We both know that that is simply not true. The world is full of people who seek God. So just because all are like this at one point or another, does not mean that all stay that way.

Mar 2:17 "When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. "

This should be all the biblical proof you need. Jesus specifically says that he did not come for the righteous but for the sinners. The sinners are the ones who haven’t accepted God, the righteous are the ones who have. So why are you still a sinner?

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

And again (more instruction for you 😀 ) 1Ti 1:15 This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

This is just more of the same distinction, “while we were yet sinners.”

But being specific in your prayers (using names) is just as important as general praying

I do use names occasionally.

God bless.
  12. Colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 01:071 edit
    As God is my witness I have done all these scriptures in my studys of Gods Word. and continue to do so. Im very careful and concise. I live in a area were I battle against so called tradition of religion all the time. And many, many I say dont like me cause im not one to go with the flow if its wrong. I have read the study and still dont buy it. ...[text shortened]... till dont bye it. But I have been wrong before and im sure i will again. lol God Bless. David
    Say, how about breaking up your posts with paragraphs? It makes them easier to read. Just a thought.
  13. Colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 01:101 edit
    I know there are many different sects and that no one has all the truth. We are non denominational and I too have probl scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    (KJV)

God bless....🙂
    I know there are many different sects and that no one has all the truth. We are non denominational and I too have problems with traditional Christianity. As far as being saved, no matter what sect, John 3:16 and Romans 10:9,10 still ring true.

Thanks for the reminder. 🙂
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 02:58
    Where is the puke bucket option?
  15. Standard memberRosePetal
    Aromatic
    God's Flower Pot
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 03:503 edits
    [b]Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I am a sinner!

No its not a boast its a fact as paul said in 1st Tim 1:15 "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I portant as general praying

I do use names occasionally.

God bless.[/b]
    Ok ok.. Me thinks it's time I add my 2 cents to this.. hmmm.. good thing I have a quarter left over.. cause I might need to call a friend.. oh whoops.. what friend.. Ahh.. I don't need a telephone.. He always is there.

Anyhow... your writings disturb me. I do not understand how you define "works".. but, if it is something we have done to earn our salvation.. you are so terribly mistaken. Maybe you "think" you can earn it.. and by all means.. go on your merry way being so deceived if you so choose.. I will lay out the scriptures that God has so graciously given me that make it so clear that He and He alone bought my salvation. Oh.. and as far as my faith being dead without works.. AMEN!!! it would be.. that is my works are what give evidence that my Saviour is living in me. Alright.. here we go.. fasten your seatbelt!!!

You keep quoting scripture and dodge the ones that don't add up to what it seems you are trying to say.. for example..

you say "To call yourself a sinner is just a cop out. Sinners sin. This implies that you have no choice in the matter. It’s a very bad excuse.

When people accept God into their lives they are no longer sinners. If the problem is that people are sinners, then the solution is to not be a sinner. If Jesus believed that we had no choice in the matter then he would never have said a thing like this."

And yet Paul AFTER he was saved states "And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. " I Timothy 1:15

The fallacy that once we become Christian we never sin... thus changing us to not a sinner... is just that a fallacy. Again to saved Christians it is written "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. " I John 1:7-10

Your statements like "Jesus expected others to follow his advice" and other such sayings, makes me wonder who do you think He was? Do you study about Him and what He says.. or do you really Know Him?
    Don't get me wrong.. I am not saying you don't.. but each of us need to know Him more and more.. growing in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And again.. you are so right.. Jesus did say... Why call me Lord and do not the things I say. Any Christian that ALREADY knows Him will strive to do what He ask and commands. Yes, ones that already know Him.. but you can't "earn" your salvation through works.. scripture is clear from it.

Our works without God working through us are what God said in Isaiah But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. filthy rags being a woman's times rags.. hmmm.. some works!! Isaiah 64:6

The only thing we humans can earn without God's intervention is For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. "

I read the statement you made about "apologizing for future sins" sheesh man!!! Read the scripture "Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

Do you think that you are oh so holy once you give yourself to Christ that you will never sin again.. hmmm.. be careful.. you may be teetering on making Christ a liar And Paul, "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not. Romans 7:18 Hmm.. spoken AFTER he was saved.

Your statement, "Jesus clearly says that a true Christian will become as he is. St. Paul specifies that he is talking about his flesh. Jesus is talking about our soul/consciousness. " Isn't as true as you'd like it to be. Yes, we need to be like Him.. but this we will only attain when we see Him face to face... Jesus said, "The disciple is not above [his] master, nor the servant above his lord." Matthew 10:24 not the disciple is as his Lord

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 3:9-12

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. I John 3:2

There is much more that I could write, but I am saddened because you seem to be wresting with the scripture so it says what you believe it says in your view. I am not sure why you are doing this. I agree so much with you that our faith is dead without works.. but I vehemently disagree with your idea that our faith, salvation or redemption is bought by works. Jesus Christ bought my redemption.. and yours, whether you agree or not doesn't matter.. through

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2:16

You can try to "earn" your salvation by your works, but I will show you that Jesus Christ saved me .. through the evidence of my works.

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

May God bless you mightily and may you grow in Him and may your eyes be enlightened to more of His truth in His word.. may we all grow more in Him.

In Christ,

RosePetal

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree