1. Colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 22:211 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Ok, let me see if I can help clear some of this up. Christians retain the sin nature and tend to sin from time to time, not willingly (I hope), but even this is forgiven. Jesus Christ paid for my sins past, present and future. When He returns for His church and we are transformed into our new bodies we will no longer have that sinful nature.
    For th (KJV)
    I hope these verses help clear up the two natures. It was also Pauls struggle in Romans 6-7.
    Ok, let me see if I can help clear some of this up. Christians retain the sin nature and tend to sin from time to time, not willingly (I hope), but even this is forgiven. Jesus Christ paid for my sins past, present and future. When He returns for His church and we are transformed into our new bodies we will no longer have that sinful nature.
    For the time being we have two natures. One good one bad. Someone once said it is like two dogs fighting in me. Which one wins? The one I feed. I can feed myself the things of the world or the things of God through His word.

I like you’re analogy with the dogs. We basically agree except that you speak of the sin nature as being something that we can do nothing about. We have it from birth to death and so we always sin. If this were true I think that in Matt 5:48 Jesus would have said something more along the lines of “Be yee therefore (as) perfect (as possible), even as your father which is in heaven is perfect (so to will you be perfect only when I do the work for you and make you that way.)

Thanks for the verses but I pretty much see them the way that I described. I guess you consider the death and second life to be literal as in we actually rise up out of the grave. Fair enough. I see it as more of a spiritual awakening. God makes us perfect if we choose him and do all that that means. This is of coarse free will and God doesn’t do that part of it for us. It’s up to us. Like you said feed the right dog.
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 22:33
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I dont feel you should leave either. I,ve read some of your posts and I think you do a great job spreading the gospel. I dont agree with everything you think. But who am I ? Nothing but a SINNER also. LOL I just had to do that. Anyways I know you are my brother in Christ. And brothers fight and dont get along sometimes. But I really think you sho ...[text shortened]... posed Christians either. But I still love them as christ loves me even when im bad. Take Care.
    Great, we can agree to disagree on something’s. Fair enough. One day Jesus will set it all straight. The important thing is that we are all on the journey. Peace.
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 23:002 edits
    Originally posted by RosePetal
    Now you are starting to sound more "sound". Anyways.. I wouldn't expect you to listen to me only or even first.. but to Him and His Word. Ephesians 4 talks about not being tossed about by every wind of doctrine, but speaking the truth in love, SO we may, grow up in all things into Him who is the head - Christ- from whom (Christ) the whole body, joined and ...[text shortened]... f to be knit and joined together, increasing in Him and His love.

In Christ,

RosePetal.
    I’m glad you feel this way. With two billion Christians in the world not everybody is going to agree with each other, but I like how you look at the big picture. In the end We’re all connected through Christ.

There is a verse in Psalms that I feel would be perfect here. I can’t find it now but I’ll post it when I do. To be continued…

God bless.

Edit: Here it is.

Psalms 2:4
    He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 😀
  4. Standard memberRosePetal
    Aromatic
    God's Flower Pot
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 01:10
    Yes, I agree with many things you stated. As far as a sinner being someone who continually chooses to sin.. in a sense you could be right.. however, if a teacher only teaches once a year.. they are still a teacher.. if a plumber only has 1 job a week he is still a plumber.. if you sin occasionally you are still a sinner.. of which I am a sinner saved by God's grace.

I must say I disagree with your view of prayer.. I don't believe it is a "good work" but it is more than an "act" it is a lifestyle. I used to believe if I prayed every day I was being a good Christian. God doesn't want acts of prayers.. he want fellowship.. that is where prayer comes in.

As well.. the scripture states that God is not the author of confusion.. so if you are confused.. I dare say it isn't God that is causing it.

I do have one extended (lol) question though.. who was Jesus.. who do you say He is? was he a man.. a prophet.. God? Is He Lord? Is He your Saviour? If so.. I'd love hear your salvation experience.

In Christ,

RosePetal
  5. Colorado
    Moves
    30 Jan '06 02:334 edits
    Originally posted by RosePetal
    Yes, I agree with many things you stated. As far as a sinner being someone who continually chooses to sin.. in a sense you could be right.. however, if a teacher only teaches once a year.. they are still a teacher.. if a plumber only has 1 job a week he is still a plumber.. if you sin occasionally you are still a sinner.. of which I am a sinner saved b your Saviour? If so.. I'd love hear your salvation experience.

In Christ,

RosePetal
    Yes, I agree with many things you stated. As far as a sinner being someone who continually chooses to sin.. in a sense you could be right.. however, if a teacher only teaches once a year.. they are still a teacher.. if a plumber only has 1 job a week he is still a plumber.. if you sin occasionally you are still a sinner.. of which I am a sinner saved by God's grace.

The difference is intent. Teachers teach, that’s their job. Sinners sin, that’s their job. If as a Christian you try earnestly not to sin then why call yourself a sinner? If you slip up as we all do on occasion then it’s a mistake.

There are sinners in this world. There are people who are evil and try to sin at every opportunity. I just hate to hear good people who have accepted God into their lives call themselves that. A Christian can go to church (some churches I should say, not all) and hear all this hopeless sinner rubbish. If we had no free will we would be hopeless. If we chose to sin regularly we would be sinners. Christians are supposed to use their free will to choose not to sin. This is possible. The closer to God we get the less we sin. One day we’ll be perfect. How hopeless is that?

I must say I disagree with your view of prayer.. I don't believe it is a "good work" but it is more than an "act" it is a lifestyle.

Doesn’t a lifestyle consist of works? What kind of a lifestyle would suspended animation be? If we give our problems over to God and accept him in prayer the way the scripture tells us to, to me that’s a good work. If you don’t agree that’s fine. It’s just a quibble really.

I used to believe if I prayed every day I was being a good Christian. God doesn't want acts of prayers.. he want fellowship.. that is where prayer comes in.

Yes, prayers can become too routine and loose their meaning. Sincerity is key.

As well.. the scripture states that God is not the author of confusion.. so if you are confused.. I dare say it isn't God that is causing it.

I’ve heard this before and it has the ring of truth to it, I just can’t make sense of it. There are those who say that God is always talking to us. If this is true why can’t we hear him? Because we’re not listening? This means that God being as all powerful as he is can’t get through to my blocked head! 😵 That may be funny and humbling, but it’s not very sensible. Why would God go on rambling away knowing that I don’t hear him?

I guess you could throw my own rhetoric back at me and say that God wants me to make the effort, but that still doesn’t explain how he’s not responsible for my confusion. He made me in such a way that I can’t possibly conceive of him.

Is.55:8-9. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

This means that there are 2 billion Christians out there who have their own ideas about God and they’re probably wrong. This is why there are so many different branches of Christianity and we can’t even agree on what the scripture says.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

These verses are perfect in their simplicity. They really sum up the goal of religion in my opinion. I’ve come to believe through my experiences that the only truth we’re ever likely to find is the truth that God gives us. The scripture is important because it tells us what Jesus wants us to do and how to obtain the truth, but when it comes to actually understanding God the scripture is totally inadequate. That part of it has to come from God directly.

I guess in the ultimate sense you could say that God brings order to chaos and not the other way around, so you may have a point, but for the time being at least it's over my head.

I do have one extended (lol) question though.. who was Jesus.. who do you say He is? was he a man.. a prophet.. God? Is He Lord? Is He your Saviour? If so.. I'd love hear your salvation experience.

I’ll be happy to answer this but not tonight. Tomorrow’s a busy day. Have a good night. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree