1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 20:41
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You post reads like it's you who is "ranting".

It (what people believe) is irrelevant because it (the trinity) is not in the Bible anywhere. Therefore what you or anyone else over the centuries believes in it (the trinity) is irrelevant. Not a difficult concept really.

No, most people get the gist of it by being taught it by other trinitarians.
    ...[text shortened]... at God says about himself and that it is not in the Bible...anywhere.

Hope this helps 🙂
    The Holy Bible teaches us that there is One God, using the same word when it says Israel is one nation. So if one nation is made up of more than a single person, then one God can be made up of the three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is all writen in the Holy Bible. The fact that a certain word, "Trinity" does not appear is irrelevant to what the Holy Bible teaches. The absence of the word "Trinity" or any other word does not negate the fact that the Holy Bilbe teaches that the One True God consists of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 20:572 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holy Bible teaches us that there is One God, using the same word when it says Israel is one nation.
    The word you are referring to is I think ’e-had;

According to my source it appears several hundred times in the Bible, every time the singular number "one" is meant to be conveyed.

In contrast to your example of "nation", consider the phrases:

"gathered into one place" is this more than one place because there is more than one person gathered there?

"one day" is there more than one day because a day is made up of many hours?

The example you give is not consistent within the Bible and therefore cannot be considered as evidence that it means what you hoped it did.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 23:32
    Creed of Constantinople of 359

The resulting creed read:

We believe in one God the Father Almighty, of whom are all things. And in the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of God before all ages, and before every beginning; through whom all things visible and invisible were made: who is the only-begotten born of the Father, the only of the only, God ...[text shortened]... have arisen of late, which are opposed to this exploitation of the faith, be anathema.
    [/b]
    indeed. it says a doctrine was abandoned because it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the scriptures. you should do the same with the trinity doctrine.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 23:47
    The Holy Bible teaches us that there is One God, using the same word when it says Israel is one nation. So if one nation is made up of more than a single person, then one God can be made up of the three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is all writen in the Holy Bible. The fact that a certain word, "Trinity" does not appear is irreleva ...[text shortened]... e Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 😏

Lol. So a cake is made up of many ingrediates but it's still one cake. Ok I gots it now!!!!

But we are not speaking of a cake or a nation are we?

Where did God ever say he was made up of more then one being? Certianly not where he said he was (( 1 )) God was it?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 12:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The word you are referring to is I think ’e-had;

According to my source it appears several hundred times in the Bible, every time the singular number "one" is meant to be conveyed.

In contrast to your example of "nation", consider the phrases:

"gathered into one place" is this more than one place because there is more than one person gathered th ...[text shortened]... ible and therefore cannot be considered as evidence that it means what you hoped it did.
    Hebrew words can have different meanings just like English words. It all depends on how it is used in the text. The word alone does not establish the meaning. The Hebrew word used in echad (Strong's 259) primarily meaning "one" as in a number, however, it can mean, first, united, altogether.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 12:584 edits
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    indeed. it says a doctrine was abandoned because it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the scriptures. you should do the same with the trinity doctrine.
    There is too much evidence, in and out of the Holy Bible, for me to abandon my belief in the Triune God, of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

P.S. And the doctrine was not abandoned. The doctrine survives to this day. The only thing that is significantly different is the abandonment of a word that makes reference to the essence or substance of God. That is what was objected to because they could not find any reference to it in scripture. These were the Arians and they are just like the JWs today, who make claims against something just because the word is not in scripture.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 13:152 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol. So a cake is made up of many ingrediates but it's still one cake. Ok I gots it now!!!!

But we are not speaking of a cake or a nation are we?

Where did God ever say he was made up of more then one being? Certianly not where he said he was (( 1 )) God was it?
    There is One being, God, in three Persons.

God said, "Let Us ... "
    The Word was with God and the Word was God.
    In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

To name a few off the top of my head.

8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 15:34
    There is One being, God, in three Persons.

God said, "Let Us ... "

No he said "I AM ONE GOD". But believe as you want.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 15:441 edit
    God said, "Let Us ... "

God said, "Let Us ... "

Could be angels.

This, and this alone, is the only possible scripture supportng a multiple Godhead.[/b]

Yes, "name" singular.

What is the name given amoungst men by which we are saved? The name the disciples baptised in every time and without exception was "Jesus".

Jesus IS the name of the [Everlasting] Father AND of the Son AND of the Holy Spirit. He is all in all; the FULLNESS of the Godhead revealled in human form.

Good grief it's so obvious.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 17:18
    There is too much evidence, in and out of the Holy Bible, for me to abandon my belief in the Triune God, of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

you haven't found any evidence of a trinity in the bible. keep trying though.

P.S. And the doctrine was not abandoned. The doctrine survives to this day. The only thing that is significantly different is the abandonment of a word that makes reference to the essence or substance of God. That is what was objected to because they could not find any reference to it in scripture. These were the Arians and they are just like the JWs today, who make claims against something just because the word is not in scripture.

the word is not in it, nor the concept.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 00:251 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    you haven't found any evidence of a trinity in the bible. keep trying though.

P.S. And the doctrine was not abandoned. The doctrine survives to this day. The only thing that is significantly different is the abandonment of a word that makes reference to the essence or substance of God. That is what was objected to because they could not fi ...[text shortened]... g just because the word is not in scripture.

the word is not in it, nor the concept.
    But the next universal Christian creed combines the information in the first two and it does have the word Trinity in it. In fact, I counted the word "Trinity" used 5 times, that is 5 times the word "Trinity" is used in the last universal Christian creed which supersedes the others. 😏

12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 00:32
    But the next universal Christian creed combines the information in the first two and it does have the word Trinity in it. In fact, I counted the word "Trinity" used 5 times, that is 5 times the word "Trinity" is used in the last universal Christian creed which supersedes the others. 😏

So mans books say trinity x amount of times but God's book says the word trinity (((((( 0 )))))))) times.

Ok I see. Lets go with mans made up pagen doctrine and ignor the Bible. Good plan!!!
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 03:18
    So mans books say trinity x amount of times but God's book says the word trinity (((((( 0 )))))))) times.

Ok I see. Lets go with mans made up pagen doctrine and ignor the Bible. Good plan!!!
    If you had your way 4.5 million people, who need blood transfusions each year n the USA alone, would be dying. Just imagine how much that would be multiplied for the whole world. Is your Jehovah God really that cruel or is that just you?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 03:53
    If you had your way 4.5 million people, who need blood transfusions each year n the USA alone, would be dying. Just imagine how much that would be multiplied for the whole world. Is your Jehovah God really that cruel or is that just you?
    Stupid comment not worth answering too. You never listen and think when anyone here writes you so this comment is no different.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 04:49
    Stupid comment not worth answering too. You never listen and think when anyone here writes you so this comment is no different.
    Well it is true, If the whole world refused to give blood, there would be more people dying ever year that has died in all the wars put together.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree