1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 02:15
    Only relevant for professed Christians I guess, but is there a sinful lifestyle that would lead to spiritual death? Or are you of the opinion that if you claim Jesus as lord that's a one way ticket to eternal life?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 02:25
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Only relevant for professed Christians I guess, but is there a sinful lifestyle that would lead to spiritual death? Or are you of the opinion that if you claim Jesus as lord that's a one way ticket to eternal life?
    Claims do not mean anything, and everyone has sin in their lives so we all on our own
    are walking a sinful lifestyle. You need Jesus actually in your life, talk is cheap, God requires
    His Spirit, Jesus is not a savior if He isn't your Lord.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 02:28
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Claims do not mean anything, and everyone has sin in their lives so we all on our own
    are walking a sinful lifestyle. You need Jesus actually in your life, talk is cheap, God requires
    His Spirit, Jesus is not a savior if He isn't your Lord.
    So you believe everyone lives a sinful lifestyle. There is no such thing as living a sacrificial life.

OK
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 02:49
    So you believe everyone lives a sinful lifestyle. There is no such thing as living a sacrificial life.

OK
    Rajk999 and ThinkOfOne state that scripture says that a follower of Jesus CAN live sin free. Yes...sin free.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 03:35
    There are many. Gluttony springs to mind.

Philippians 3:19
    Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and their glory is in their shame.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 03:38
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    There are many. Gluttony springs to mind.

Philippians 3:19
    Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and their glory is in their shame.
    Yes, but according to the Bible, if you are a "real Christian", you can live sin free.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:00
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Yes, but according to the Bible, if you are a "real Christian", you can live sin free.
    So Jesus was not the only man to be without sin?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:04
    So Jesus was not the only man to be without sin?
    Apparently not.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:09
    Apparently not.
    Who apart from Jesus is without sin, can you give me a few names?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:19
    Who apart from Jesus is without sin, can you give me a few names?
    If rajk999 or ThinkOfOne are reading this, perhaps they will reply, for they have claimed that humans can live without sin.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:23
    If rajk999 or ThinkOfOne are reading this, perhaps they will reply, for they have claimed that humans can live without sin.
    We can live without the condemnation of sin and free from the power of sin yes once we repent. But all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So no one is sin free.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:26
    We can live without the condemnation of sin and free from the power of sin yes once we repent. But all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So no one is sin free.
    After you are saved.

That is the key.

Once you 'know', you shouldn't sin anymore.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:34
    After you are saved.

That is the key.

Once you 'know', you shouldn't sin anymore.
    Before you are saved you love your sin. Once you are saved you are sickened by it. Yes you may slip and fall but there is no more love for the sin, it tastes like vomit. That's how you know you are saved. So yes you cannot be like a dog that keeps going back to it's vomit. It may still happen but with less and less frequency as you are being transformed into the image of Christ.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 04:49
    How many christians here in the spiritual forum are "real christians" and live your lifes without sin?
    Raise your hand!
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 05:34
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    How many christians here in the spiritual forum are "real christians" and live your lifes without sin?
    Raise your hand!
    I'm not too sure chaney3 is a reliable authority on what a 'real christian' should be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree