1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 10:23
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Sure you can turn your back on sin and avoid it most of the time. But the fact that you lack divinity means you are bound to slip at some point and need grace and forgiveness.

Do you know of anyone that does the good they know to do all all the time without fail? Because that too is a sin if you know the good you ought to do and don't do it.
    What about those who never attempt to turn?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 10:26
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I answered it, you may not have understood my answer, but it was without a doubt
    answered. You were told that anyone who is overcome by sin isn't following the Lord
    which is what I told you is required.

It doesn't have to be sexual in nature, it can be any sin, any hate, anything that is sin. The
    Bible is clear, you need the Spirit of God, you need w ...[text shortened]... og returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”
    Let me ask it another way.

Does a person who supports homosexuality and abortion have assurance of salvation?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 11:01
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Let me ask it another way.

Does a person who supports homosexuality and abortion have assurance of salvation?
    You didn't get the answer you were looking for, now you want to attempt to get it another
    way? Assurance of salvation is give by the Spirit of God, sin brings about death, following
    the Spirit we will put away our sinful nature. If you are asking can someone follow the
    Spirit of God and not be perfected yet, yes all of us who are following God's Spirit fall into
    that, and the closer we are to God the less this world can have a destructive affect upon
    our lives.

You really want to condemn people, when are you going to start looking for ways to bring
    people out of sin into God's grace?

What someone supports in their lives today, they can turn away from later. I got saved
    I didn't stop doing drugs right a way, I enjoyed them to much, but afterwards I could not
    follow God and do them. So I can only tell you that God works on us, from the moment
    we are saved until the day we die, no one here answers to me, they answer to Him, and
    so I'll let God deal with that question.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 11:071 edit
    You didn't get the answer you were looking for, now you want to attempt to get it another
    way? Assurance of salvation is give by the Spirit of God, sin brings about death, following
    the Spirit we will put away our sinful nature. If you are asking can someone follow the
    Spirit of God and not be perfected yet, yes all of us who are following God's Spirit ...[text shortened]... ie, no one here answers to me, they answer to Him, and
    so I'll let God deal with that question.
    You sure do tap dance around a subject.

Let me see if I can clear up your position.

You believe if you believe in Jesus then there is no such thing as sin. You can do whatever you wish and you are still going to heaven.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 12:06

You believe if you believe in Jesus then there is no such thing as sin. You can do whatever you wish and you are still going to heaven.
    I never said such things.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 12:13
    I never said such things.
    Perhaps you can give examples of types of people who accept Jesus but do not have salvation.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 12:26
    Perhaps you can give examples of types of people who accept Jesus but do not have salvation.
    All of those who don't have the Spirit of God within them. If you don't have God's Spirit you don't know God, neither can you follow the Spirit!
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 12:27

Can God give assurance of salvation to those that belong to Him?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 14:53
    All of those who don't have the Spirit of God within them. If you don't have God's Spirit you don't know God, neither can you follow the Spirit!
    So you assume all those who claim Jesus as lord are going to heaven no matter how they live.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 16:32
    So you assume all those who claim Jesus as lord are going to heaven no matter how they live.
    You would do well to just read what people write instead of twisting other's words into to things they didn't say!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 16:53
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    If there is one, gluttony will certainly be one of the sins.

Do you accept that?
    Ignored. Haha.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 17:31
    Do you think having the Spirit of the Lord within you has nothing to do with God?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 18:55
    Do you think having the Spirit of the Lord within you has nothing to do with God?
    I think that it is impossible to tell the difference just by looking at a person.

How do you know someone is filled with the holy spirit?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 21:041 edit
    I think that it is impossible to tell the difference just by looking at a person.

Why are you ignoring my post about sin and gluttony?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 00:05

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?" -- Matthew 7:16, KJV

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree