1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 05:481 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I'm not too sure chaney3 is a reliable authority on what a 'real christian' should be.
    Do you think Chaney thinks himself as a 'real christian' and lives his life without sin?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 06:22
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Do you think Chaney thinks himself as a 'real christian' and lives his life without sin?
    The issue is whether chaney3s claim that a real Christian is sin free is reliable or not.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 06:26
    The issue is whether chaney3s claim that a real Christian is sin free is reliable or not.
    It's in the Bible.
    Jesus said it. Not me.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 06:29
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    It's in the Bible.
    Jesus said it. Not me.
    Jesus never used the word real Christian. That's your invention.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 07:26
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Only relevant for professed Christians I guess, but is there a sinful lifestyle that would lead to spiritual death? Or are you of the opinion that if you claim Jesus as lord that's a one way ticket to eternal life?
    If there is one, gluttony will certainly be one of the sins.

Do you accept that?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 09:021 edit
    So you believe everyone lives a sinful lifestyle. There is no such thing as living a sacrificial life.

OK
    You can call your lifestyle whatever you want, but it will not matter if it isn't accepted by
    God, and if you are not fulfilling that which God requires, I don't care how good you think
    you are. You can be 10X better than the next guy, and everyone else around you, but so
    what, if we are all sinners before God you will come up short, if you are not clean by the
    only thing that can cleans us of our sin you will die in your sins.

You think God is pleased with a sacrificial life, no, He is please with someone who obeys
    Him over someone who sacrifices. You should know this, to obey is better than sacrifice.

1 Samuel 15:22
    And Samuel said, “Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 09:041 edit
    Yes, but according to the Bible, if you are a "real Christian", you can live sin free.
    Following God's Spirit, it isn't something you can just do, God is required.

1 John 5:18
    We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Romans 8:4
    in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:2
    For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:10
    But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

1 Peter 3:18
    For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,

John 3:6
    That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Without God in your life you are still in your flesh, and will walk out your days doing the
    things your flesh desire, there is not hope there. None of us can do this on our own, we
    NEED God in our lives without Him we are on our own.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 09:06
    It's in the Bible.
    Jesus said it. Not me.
    Quote your passages so we can look at them in context, if you are going to go on about
    what is in the Bible.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 09:31
    There are many. Gluttony springs to mind.

Philippians 3:19
    Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and their glory is in their shame.
    So you disagree with Kelly.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 09:33
    We can live without the condemnation of sin and free from the power of sin yes once we repent. But all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. So no one is sin free.
    Does repenting mean turning from sin?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 09:35
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Following God's Spirit, it isn't something you can just do, God is required.

1 John 5:18
    We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Romans 8:4
    in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according ...[text shortened]... ere. None of us can do this on our own, we
    NEED God in our lives without Him we are on our own.
    If you choose to engage in sexual immorality every day of your life, do you have God in your life?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 09:59
    If you choose to engage in sexual immorality every day of your life, do you have God in your life?
    If you are choosing sin over God you are not following the Spirit of God which is what I
    have written about. Anyone who engages in sin even if they are believers runs the risk of
    being over come by that sin, choose who you serve sin or God. Following God's Spirit is
    the only way we will learn to put that to death, and live life in God. If you do not have
    God's Spirit, you do not belong to God, and it doesn't matter how you live your life, you will
    die in your sins.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 10:01
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    If you are choosing sin over God you are not following the Spirit of God which is what I
    have written about. Anyone who engages in sin even if they are believers runs the risk of
    being over come by that sin, choose who you serve sin or God. Following God's Spirit is
    the only way we will learn to put that to death, and live life in God. If you do not hav ...[text shortened]... do not belong to God, and it doesn't matter how you live your life, you will
    die in your sins.
    You never answered my question. You are incapable of answering my questiin even though the Bible states that such people will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 10:10
    You never answered my question. You are incapable of answering my questiin even though the Bible states that such people will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.
    I answered it, you may not have understood my answer, but it was without a doubt
    answered. You were told that anyone who is overcome by sin isn't following the Lord
    which is what I told you is required.

It doesn't have to be sexual in nature, it can be any sin, any hate, anything that is sin. The
    Bible is clear, you need the Spirit of God, you need washed in the blood of Jesus to
    forgiven, you need to believe in Jesus or you are condemned already, the wages of sin is
    death, but the gift of God is eternal life, in Christ.

Romans 5:15
    But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many.

Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Peter ESV
    20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. 21 For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Sep '17 10:16
    Does repenting mean turning from sin?
    Sure you can turn your back on sin and avoid it most of the time. But the fact that you lack divinity means you are bound to slip at some point and need grace and forgiveness.

Do you know of anyone that does the good they know to do all all the time without fail? Because that too is a sin if you know the good you ought to do and don't do it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree