1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 20:56
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I've always had a problem with the 'hardening of pharaoh's heart' issue. If pharaoh could make up his own mind, then maybe he would have let the people go after the first plague. But, with God intervening and hardening his heart, it made sure that the other 9 plagues would follow.....which includes children dying. So, in theory.....God Himself caused the ...[text shortened]... I think. But....I know.....forget that silly children dying thing.....praise God...praise God.
    God also hardened Pharaoh's heart in order to show His power to the children of Israel. It was probably necessary so that they would be willing to follow Moses out of Egypt. Many of them were still not thrilled with their decision to follow Moses when they found themselves being chased by Pharaoh's army.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 21:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Your arrogance is unbounded.
    A list of false teachings in the Roman Catholic Church

https://carm.org/list-of-roman-catholic-false-teachings
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 15:542 edits
    I have been reading a vast amount of posts on this site, and most of them are written with an attitude of certainty that THEY are completely correct about God/Jesus, and that everyone else is wrong....or deceived by Satan. I would challenge all who are reading this to read a post by 'sonhouse' in the thread titled 'A deity does not need to test humans', on page 2.

Sonhouse is an atheist, I think.

And what that usually means to the Christian these days is "The God you don't believe in is not the God I believe in."
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 21:22
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] I have been reading a vast amount of posts on this site, and most of them are written with an attitude of certainty that THEY are completely correct about God/Jesus, and that everyone else is wrong....or deceived by Satan. I would challenge all who are reading this to read a post by 'sonhouse' in the thread titled 'A deity does not need to test huma ...[text shortened]... the Christian these days is "The God you don't believe in is not the God I believe in."
    What do you call someone who doesn't believe in you god then?
    (Please ... no smart a$$ answers!)
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 21:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    A list of false teachings in the Roman Catholic Church

https://carm.org/list-of-roman-catholic-false-teachings
    Be sure to let the Pope know.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 22:47
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What do you call someone who doesn't believe in you god then?
    (Please ... no smart a$$ answers!)
    Someone whom Jesus loves. Someone like me when I had no heart for God, no interest in Jesus, shifting from morning to evening like a tossed wave on the sea.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 02:16
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Be sure to let the Pope know.
    The Pope can't handle the truth anymore than you can. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree