1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 19:05
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I have shared a thought with a friend, and I will share it with you: If I am reading a novel, and I get to page 8 and don't understand what is written on page 8.....I stop reading further!!! I stay on page 8 and make the effort to understand it, because it is likely that further along in this novel......it will matter that I understand the words on page 8. ...[text shortened]... ion, and was going to stop visiting this site, but have decided to jump in and see what happens.
    The Holy Bible is not written in the way you wish it to be written. You must think of it as more like a mystery book. You are not going to be able to understand the mysteries without reading the whole book. So it is a mistake to stop reading when you don't understand something. You must gather the clues throughout the book to solve the mysteries.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 19:10
    Is the God that you believe in, THE correct God?? I have been reading a vast amount of posts on this site, and most of them are written with an attitude of certainty that THEY are completely correct about God/Jesus, and that everyone else is wrong....or deceived by Satan. I would challenge all who are reading this to read a post by 'sonhouse' in the thread ...[text shortened]... ly 2 absolute certainties: 1) There is a God 2) I'm not Him.

Is your God 'the' correct God??
    I guess so since He's the only God there is! 😉
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 19:482 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holy Bible is not written in the way you wish it to be written. You must think of it as more like a mystery book. You are not going to be able to understand the mysteries without reading the whole book. So it is a mistake to stop reading when you don't understand something. You must gather the clues throughout the book to solve the mysteries.
    #1 Based on the fact that there are tons of different opinions, beliefs, and interpretations....even among Christians and Catholics......and, that Jewish people today still don't believe that Jesus is God.....it doesn't appear that anyone has 'solved' any mystery in the Bible....as of yet.

#2 If God wanted us to know Him through the Bible....then NO mystery should have been required. Tell us who you are.....in plain words that ALL can understand and agree on. We shouldn't have 5,000 different opinions about who Jesus is.

Edit: The debate you are currently having with robbie about who Jesus really is proves my point. You both think you are correct.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 20:342 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Perhaps you are simply reading the wrong book. ;o)

As an objective atheist (smile) i see all you religious chaps grappling with the 'same' proverbial elephant in a dark room. (The Muslim has the trunk and the Christian one of his ears). End of the day it's the same animal, you're just experiencing different parts of it. You're all just looking for ...[text shortened]... are going. Something to make the world a little less scary.

All the rest is background noise.
    You're all just looking for answers as to why you are here and where you are going. Something to make the world a little less scary.

Why do you insist that it has to be scary?

Lost and lovin it! heh?
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 21:06
    Given that all gods from all religions deliberately want to remain hidden and only give
    evidence for their non-existence I think it extremely likely - in the unlikely event of there
    being a god
    - that all religions are correct - just different manifestations of a very
    mixed up mind. (ie the illogical. incomprehensible, nutty Supreme Being)
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 22:421 edit
    #1 Based on the fact that there are tons of different opinions, beliefs, and interpretations....even among Christians and Catholics......and, that Jewish people today still don't believe that Jesus is God.....it doesn't appear that anyone has 'solved' any mystery in the Bible....as of yet.

#2 If God wanted us to know Him through the Bible....then NO mys ...[text shortened]... y having with robbie about who Jesus really is proves my point. You both think you are correct.
    Well, that is not the way God decided to do it. God does not have to do things the way you wish. God knows better than you and He decided to have mysteries.

Oh yeah, Robbie is a member of the Jehovah's Witness cult of the Watchtower Society. They have beliefs considered heretical by orthodox Christianity. 😏
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 22:501 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, that is not the way God decided to do it. God does not have to do things the way you wish. God knows better than you and He decided to have mysteries. 😏
    And that is merely your opinion. And, once again.....somebody telling me that they know EXACTLY what God's thoughts and intentions are. If you knew for CERTAIN who Jesus is, then this debate would not be happening. The Bible was written by humans.....to what extent the Holy Spirit was involved remains to be known. No offense to you Hinds, but....your belief system is ONLY yours. Many, many people disagree. Likely you would say they are wrong....as stated in my original thoughts. So.....I guess yours is the correct God, according to you.

Edit: Who says that Orthodox Christianity has THE truth?? You are easily making my points for me.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 22:53
    I don't know. It seems to me that a lot of people gain their belief system from a young age and are unwilling most of the time to 'modify' it, or at the very least listen to an open discussion on the matter. To at least entertain the thought that maybe they 'could' be wrong, despite any evidence they may be given.
    I wasn't raise a Christian, I became one at 25 and it wasn't that I was attempting to find the
    correct God. If it is your god than I'd say you are in the wrong, if you belong to God than
    you are doing good.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 23:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I wasn't raise a Christian, I became one at 25 and it wasn't that I was attempting to find the
    correct God. If it is your god than I'd say you are in the wrong, if you belong to God than
    you are doing good.
    If you are worshiping the Christian God, then you must feel that He is God. Otherwise, why don't you just abandon that theory today and start worshiping Buddha? I would attempt a guess that you would say that Buddhists are wrong?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 23:167 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Given that all gods from all religions deliberately want to remain hidden and only give
    evidence for their non-existence I think it [b]extremely likely
    - in the unlikely event of there
    being a god
    - that all religions are correct - just different manifestations of a very
    mixed up mind. (ie the illogical. incomprehensible, nutty Supreme Being)[/b]
    A lecture on the "The Psychology of Atheism" - Dr. Paul VItz

Why not?
    Atheists can have psychological theories made up about them just as much as ANYBODY else.

Forget about "Oh we're just too special to be analyzed ya know? "

YouTube
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '15 23:29
    R C Sproul on The Psychology of Atheism.

What psychological needs do Atheists have to escape what they fear ? Why should all the psychological evaluation be FROM Atheists towards Christians?

YouTube
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 02:00
    Originally posted by sonship
    R C Sproul on [b]The Psychology of Atheism.

What psychological needs do Atheists have to escape what they fear ? Why should all the psychological evaluation be FROM Atheists towards Christians?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xh8PxPTIvQ[/b]
    "God stands as the greatest obstical to my own autonomy".

Excellent video sonship. I think Sproul hit the nail on the head with that one.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 03:04
    If you are worshiping the Christian God, then you must feel that He is God. Otherwise, why don't you just abandon that theory today and start worshiping Buddha? I would attempt a guess that you would say that Buddhists are wrong?
    Yes, your right....since all the needs I have are met by God I am no longer looking for
    anything else. No reason to look for something when you have it.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 04:03
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes, your right....since all the needs I have are met by God I am no longer looking for
    anything else. No reason to look for something when you have it.
    Okay......was not trying to doubt your faith. What is oddly true though, is that a Buddhist would feel exactly the same about Buddha, and not God. He would not feel the need to look for God, because he has Buddha. If one were to believe that only one true God exists, then I find it remarkable that this paradox exists......with many more faiths and gods than just the God of the Old Testament and Buddha.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 04:54
    Okay......was not trying to doubt your faith. What is oddly true though, is that a Buddhist would feel exactly the same about Buddha, and not God. He would not feel the need to look for God, because he has Buddha. If one were to believe that only one true God exists, then I find it remarkable that this paradox exists......with many more faiths and gods than just the God of the Old Testament and Buddha.
    That is why the gospel should be preached to all people, including the Buddhist.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree