1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    25 Jan '09 03:07
    Obama a Christian?

    Discuss.
  2. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    25 Jan '09 03:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama a Christian?

    Discuss.
    Who cares ? He seems like a decent man. He did attend a lunatic church in Chicago, but I think it must have been for pure entertainement purposes. No Harvard guy could sit through that stuff and not be laughing inside as to the total insanity of the rant coming from the pulpit.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    25 Jan '09 03:41
    Originally posted by buckky
    Who cares ? He seems like a decent man. He did attend a lunatic church in Chicago, but I think it must have been for pure entertainement purposes. No Harvard guy could sit through that stuff and not be laughing inside as to the total insanity of the rant coming from the pulpit.
    Well, one response has come home to roost, any others? 😛
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    25 Jan '09 03:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama a Christian?

    Discuss.
    I would be pleased to find out he wasn't. I doubt I will, though.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    25 Jan '09 04:031 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I would be pleased to find out he wasn't. I doubt I will, though.
    Well he's a socialist so he MUST be a Christian, eh rwingett? 😛

    No need to thank me for providing further evidence for your "Jesus was a socialist" debate.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    34575
    25 Jan '09 04:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama a Christian?

    Discuss.
    Is Obama black? Is he white? Does it matter?

    Rhetorical question. Same as whether he's Christian.
  7. At the Revolution
    Joined
    15 Sep '07
    Moves
    5073
    25 Jan '09 04:38
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Is Obama black? Is he white? Does it matter?

    Rhetorical question. Same as whether he's Christian.
    Ah, but my friend, we live in a racist country, and an Islamophobic country, where it does in fact matter. Obama is a Christian. But Hillary started the rumor (and it was picked up by McCain/Palin later) that Obama was Muslim and therefore un-American. Now, McCain also destroyed both arguments by the following flawed logic.

    1. Barack Obama is a Muslim.
    2. Thus, Barack Obama is an Arab.
    3. Barack Obama is therefore an America-hater.
    4. Barack Obama's Reverend hates America.

    Every point is severely wrong. But race does matter, to a huge extent, in American elections. Let it never be said that racism is dead. It isn't.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    25 Jan '09 04:47
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Is Obama black? Is he white? Does it matter?

    Rhetorical question. Same as whether he's Christian.
    No one cares. :'(

    They only seem to care that "W" called himself a Christian.
  9. weedhopper
    Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    8062
    25 Jan '09 05:08
    Originally posted by buckky
    Who cares ? He seems like a decent man. He did attend a lunatic church in Chicago, but I think it must have been for pure entertainement purposes. No Harvard guy could sit through that stuff and not be laughing inside as to the total insanity of the rant coming from the pulpit.
    I care. I wouldn't knowingly vote for an non-Christian.

    Back to the point, only God knows his heart but I think he's a Chtistian.
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    25 Jan '09 05:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    No one cares. :'(

    They only seem to care that "W" called himself a Christian.
    What color is the sky in your world?
  11. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    9297
    25 Jan '09 06:05
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Ah, but my friend, we live in a racist country, and an Islamophobic country, where it does in fact matter. Obama is a Christian. But Hillary started the rumor (and it was picked up by McCain/Palin later) that Obama was Muslim and therefore un-American. Now, McCain also destroyed both arguments by the following flawed logic.

    1. Barack Obama is a Muslim.
    2 ...[text shortened]... , to a huge extent, in American elections. Let it never be said that racism is dead. It isn't.
    Islamophobic country? Well yeah! What religion were all of those guys who hijacked planes on 9-11? Could someone please refresh my memory? Which religion's clerics and imams daily spew hatred and death to America? Which relgion's imams have nicknamed the U.S.A. the Great Satan?
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    25 Jan '09 08:30
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Islamophobic country? Well yeah! What religion were all of those guys who hijacked planes on 9-11? Could someone please refresh my memory? Which religion's clerics and imams daily spew hatred and death to America? Which relgion's imams have nicknamed the U.S.A. the Great Satan?
    I think Amerca became more islamophobic at the event of WTC then before.
    The WTC terrorist was also all men. Does that tell us that America is man-haters?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    25 Jan '09 09:331 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama a Christian?

    Discuss.
    He may say he is a Christian. He has said he is a democrat. In both cases the only evidence (for our eyes) is what he does. Same as with all who claim to be Christians.
  14. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    25 Jan '09 10:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think Amerca became more islamophobic at the event of WTC then before.
    The WTC terrorist was also all men. Does that tell us that America is man-haters?
    It called narrrowing it down FF.

    People
    Muslims
    Fanatical Muslims
    Suicidal Fanatical Muslims.
    Suicidal Fanatical Muslims who want to kill Americans

    Its the last category that Americans want to kill.
    There is nothing wrong with being Islamophobic if it means being more careful of a group that preaches hatred and death to Americans.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    25 Jan '09 10:521 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    It called narrrowing it down FF.

    People
    Muslims
    Fanatical Muslims
    Suicidal Fanatical Muslims.
    Suicidal Fanatical Muslims who want to kill Americans

    Its the last category that Americans want to kill.
    There is nothing wrong with being Islamophobic if it means being more careful of a group that preaches hatred and death to Americans.
    To be islamo-phobic is that you have an irrational fear of every muslem, right (Compare with spider-phbic, that you don't care if it is poisonous or not, you just don't like them, even the totally harmless ones). If you are islamo-phobic and you see someone that is a moslem, has a moslem name, or coming from a moslem country, even look moslemish, then you get a irrational state of fear or hatred. Many americans are islamophobic in this sence. Even moslem children after the WTC-event are the target of hatred. That's irrational, that's islamophobic behaviour.

    Islamophobia is a mentally state. It can be treated. It's never a good condition. It's irrational.

    I say that terrorists are always bad. Then it doesn't matter if they are muslem, christian, nor jewish terrorists. They are always bad. In every sense. If terrorist-phobia is an irrational mentally state or not, I let this question sstay open.

    But this is a fact: Terrorist always are sprung from fundamentalists. Educate fundamentalists, and the risque of terrorists should go down.

    "There is nothing wrong with being Islamophobic"? Yes it is! You can never tell if a muslem is a terrorist or not. You can, in the same sense, never tell if a christian is a good one or a bad one, just to look at him/her. Yeah, there is every wrong to be islamophobic. But it can be treated, as any other phobia.
Back to Top