Isaiah 9:6, For the JW

Isaiah 9:6, For the JW

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
15 Jun 13

Why should anyone worship Jesus if he is just a mere angel? Do you see G-man whether we like it or not Jesus is more than just a mere angel.

Manny

PS the spirit of God can speak through his word and that is my sincere prayer for you G-man with no ill intended at all. That you will see "The Risen Christ" for who He truly is.....The father wants you to see and worship him.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 13

Originally posted by galveston75
I'll try one more time: I asked about the holy spirit being worshipped. Where is that said in the Bible?
This has already been addressed by others, so I will give you a link that gives some information on that question.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1102-is-the-holy-spirit-worthy-of-worship

He does not give time to answer before he decides to run off and get amnesia by tomorrow. It is getting late though, I guess.

The Instructor

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
15 Jun 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes, it seems amazing that there now seems to be someone else on RHP that thinks like me. A curse or a blessing?

The Instructor
I don't agree with you methods at times and name calling but I guess who am I to judge. I also don't agree with your take on creation at times but Christians will agree on somethings such as scripture

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 13

Originally posted by menace71
Why should anyone worship Jesus if he is just a mere angel? Do you see G-man whether we like it or not Jesus is more than just a mere angel.

Manny

PS the spirit of God can speak through his word and that is my sincere prayer for you G-man with no ill intended at all. That you will see "The Risen Christ" for who He truly is.....The father wants you to see and worship him.

Manny
He has a lot of pride he will have to overcome before he can accept what we say, because he has put so much trust in the Watchtower Society as his source of truth, as do all the jehovah's witnesses. I can understand how difficult it can be for one to admit having been deceived.

The instructor

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
15 Jun 13

This has already been addressed by others, so I will give you a link that gives some information on that question.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1102-is-the-holy-spirit-worthy-of-worship

He does not give time to answer before he decides to run off and get amnesia by tomorrow. It is getting late though, I guess.

The Instructor
He does not want an answer rather an argument which really WE should really just want G-Man to see the glory of Christ. The bible really is a spirtual book in the sense that the Spirit has to open it for us to see. Illumine it for us to see so many things. Our sinfulness and pride and arrogance. To see the beauty of creation and to see all of the spirtual truths that God has there for us. 🙂

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 13
1 edit

I don't agree with you methods at times and name calling but I guess who am I to judge. I also don't agree with your take on creation at times but Christians will agree on somethings such as scripture

Manny
I can't say my methods are good, but I think some people are like stubborn mules that you must first get their attention by hitting them upside the head with a 2 by 4.

When you say you don't agree with me on creation at times, does that mean the age of the earth or is there something more that bothers you?

The Instructor

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
15 Jun 13

I can't say my methods are good, but I think some people are like stubborn mules that you must first get their attention by hitting them upside the head with a 2 by 4.

When you say you don't agree with me on creation at times, does that mean the age of the earth or is there something more that bothers you?

The Instructor
I think you totally dismiss science. I think while certain atheist have a total anti-thiest / anti-creationist view of the world and science is their religion so to speak there is a true science there in the world. I'm honest to say I don't know the true age of the earth. (I think we agree that yes God did it) I'm torn at times but I know God did it. Now I would not judge ones faith on Old earth New earth. Some so called creationist have also proved to be false or misleading and this is not fair at all. The ones that should love truth should always be honest.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 13
3 edits

I think you totally dismiss science. I think while certain atheist have a total anti-thiest / anti-creationist view of the world and science is their religion so to speak there is a true science there in the world. I'm honest to say I don't know the true age of the earth. (I think we agree that yes God did it) I'm torn at times but I know God did it. Now I ...[text shortened]... d this is not fair at all. The ones that should love truth should always be honest.

Manny
There are ways to account for a young earth without totally dismissing science. There are material on the internet by other people more knowledgeable than myself that give reasons from science that indicate a young earth. There is at least one scientist that says that the majority of the ways that science can be used to calculate the age of the earth lead to the conclusion the earth is young.

Evidence For a Young World - Part 1 with Dr. Russell Humphreys

Evidence For a Young World - Part 2

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2005/06/01/evidence-for-young-world

http://www.icr.org/article/tale-two-hourglasses/

The Instructor

rc

Moves
15 Jun 13

Manny
its simply easier to cut to the chase, evangelical Christians hate Jesus, that is why they have made a monster caricature of him and snake dancers like Hinds perpetuate that monster.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its simply easier to cut to the chase, evangelical Christians hate Jesus, that is why they have made a monster caricature of him and snake dancers like Hinds perpetuate that monster.
How does what I say about Jesus make a monster out of Him?

The Instructor

rc

Moves
15 Jun 13
1 edit

How does what I say about Jesus make a monster out of Him?

The Instructor
you have made him out to be a torturer, torturing people for all eternity. How is that not a monstrous caricature?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you have made him out to be a torturer, torturing people for all eternity. How is that not a monstrous caricature?
I never said people would be tortured for all eternity. I only said what was written in the Holy Bible and the word torture is never used at all. It is written in the Book of Revelation that the devil, the beast, the false prophet, and all those whose name was not found written in the book of life would be thrown into the lake of fire and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever (Revelation 20:10,15).

Being tormented is different from your idea of being tortured. And besides, it is not your place to judge what God has decided to do with His own creations.

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Jun 13
1 edit

Manny

Manny
1 Thessalonians 4:16

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the ((((( archangel ))))) and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the ((((( archangel’s )))))) call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first;

New Living Translation (NLT)

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the (((( archangel )))))), and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died[a] will rise from their graves.

Good News Translation (GNT)

16 There will be the shout of command, the ((((( archangel's )))))) voice, the sound of God's trumpet, and the Lord himself will come down from heaven. Those who have died believing in Christ will rise to life first;

Not an angel you say? Ok see what you want or don't see what you want.

rc

Moves
15 Jun 13
1 edit

I never said people would be tortured for all eternity. I only said what was written in the Holy Bible and the word torture is never used at all. It is written in the Book of Revelation that the devil, the beast, the false prophet, and all those whose name was not found written in the book of life would be thrown into the lake of fire and they will be tor ...[text shortened]... is not your place to judge what God has decided to do with His own creations.

The Instructor
so you have made him out to be a torturer, thankyou Dr Fronkenstein, you must be proud of your monster.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jun 13
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the ((((( archangel ))))) and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

16 For the Lord himself will descend from to life first;

Not an angel you say? Ok see what you want or don't see what you want.
This only indicates what will announce Christ's coming. It does doe not mean he is an archangel or a trumpet of God or a shout. In Revelation, angel are often spoken of as crying out with a loud voice of sounding trumpets to announce things and it never refers to Christ Jesus doing it.

The Instructor