Isaiah 9:6, For the JW

Isaiah 9:6, For the JW

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
11 Jun 13

Isaiah 41:4
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
4 “Who has performed and accomplished it,
Calling forth the generations from the beginning?
‘I, the Lord, am the first, and with the last. I am He.

This is Almighty God here

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Jun 13

Originally posted by menace71
Jesus calls Himself the Alpha & Omega SO either Jesus is a liar or HE is the Alpha & Omega and who else calls himself the Alpha & Omega (The beginning and the end?) Almighty God .....and I will show you where God calls himself the alpha & omega.

Manny
Did you read the above post?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
11 Jun 13

Revelation 1:17
When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last

This is the risen Christ Speaking to John and look at the title He calls Himself ? How dare the Christ do that right? OR maybe it is His title and it belongs to HIM !!!

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
11 Jun 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Did you read the above post?
NOPE I did not read it at all I'm using scripture to prove a point to you.....I will not read that garbage that you copied and pasted from your garbage literature. Either Christ is a liar or He is God there is not other way to take it.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Jun 13
1 edit

Revelation 1:17
When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last

This is the risen Christ Speaking to John and look at the title He calls Himself ? How dare the Christ do that right? OR maybe it is His title and it belongs to HIM !!!

Manny
Did you read the above post or are you ignoring it? If you are then I'm wasting my time aren't I?
Good night. Read it or this conversation is over as you are obviously not open to learn something new.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
11 Jun 13

Did you read the above post or are you ignoring it? If you are then I'm wasting my time aren't I?
Good night. Read it or this conversation is over as you are obviously not open to learn something new.
Your an arrogant prick....I proved to you with Scripture that Christ is the Alpha & Omega.....And I also said NO I will not read your garbage that is copied and pasted from your organization

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
11 Jun 13

Your right God in His spirit is not flesh but he does not need a force HE is the Force !!! He commands and things come into being.....As He said at the beginning of creation "Let there be light" And Light was

Manny

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Jun 13
1 edit

Show a scripture or scriptures that says word for word that the holy spirit, Jesus and his Father are the same spirit being? Nothing vague or maybe it says it but a scripture that anyone from any time has said they are the same spirit being?

For instance to counter Deut 6:14 says: "Our God is 1 God." ( Ever wonder why it says that? )

So the challenge now would be to find a simple scripture that says: Our God is 3 God's in 1.

Years ago I showed you Romans 8:9-11. There Spirit of God, Spirit of Christ, Christ, and the Spirit of the One who raised Jesus from the dead are all used in an interchangeable manner.

For instance to counter Deut 6:14 says: "Our God is 1 God." ( Ever wonder why it says that? )

So the challenge now would be to find a simple scripture that says: Our God is 3 God's in 1.

Fair enough...Go.

No. It is not really "Fair enough."

It is about as "Fair enough" if I demand of you to show me explicitly "There are only 144,000 who will reign from heaven".

Or it is about as "Fair enough" if you produce "Thou shalt not say the pledge of allegiance" or "Thou shalt not do blood tranfusions."

Since I have been getting complaints again about my long posts which weary the reader, I have to answer your challenge latter in another post. Folks are falling asleep reading this one.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 13
1 edit

ALPHA AND OMEGA

These are the names of the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet and are used as a title three times in the book of Revelation. The additional occurrence of this phrase in the King James rendering of Revelation 1:11, however, does not receive support from some of the oldest Greek manuscripts, including the Alexandrine, Sinait ...[text shortened]... n the issue over Godship, forever vindicated as the one and only Almighty God.—Compare Isa 44:6.
in your post you state the following:

The title “the Alpha and the Omega” carries the same thought as “the first and the last” and “the beginning and the end” when these terms are used with reference to Jehovah.

Check out the following verses:

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

(Revelation 1:17-18 NKJV)

This is obviously the LORD Jesus speaking here, since He in the only person of the Godhead that was dead and is alive forevermore. He also says, "I am the First and the Last" and you have admitted that it carries the same meaning as "the Alpha and Omega." Let's be honest here now.

The Instructor

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
11 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
in your post you state the following:

[b]The title “the Alpha and the Omega” carries the same thought as “the first and the last” and “the beginning and the end” when these terms are used with reference to Jehovah.

Check out the following verses:

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “ ies the same meaning as "the Alpha and Omega." Let's be honest here now.

The Instructor
Well either that or Jesus was a liar they can't have it both ways. Either Jesus is the Alpha and Omega or He is not. I don't see how G-Man can't see this? It's either a contradiction or Jesus and the One speaking in the Old Testament are the same being namely God 🙂

Manny

rc

Moves
11 Jun 13
1 edit

I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

“The Almighty.” Greek, ho Pantokrator; Latin Omnipotens, Hebrew, El Shaddai, “God Almighty”,

Christ is never referred to in Scripture as the Almighty, never, in fact,

'although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.' Phillipans 2:6

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 13

Well either that or Jesus was a liar they can't have it both ways. Either Jesus is the Alpha and Omega or He is not. I don't see how G-Man can't see this? It's either a contradiction or Jesus and the One speaking in the Old Testament are the same being namely God 🙂

Manny
The JWs have a tendecy to ignore the truth and get amnesia.

The Instructor

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Jun 13

Your an arrogant prick....I proved to you with Scripture that Christ is the Alpha & Omega.....And I also said NO I will not read your garbage that is copied and pasted from your organization

Manny
I see your christian attutude is very close to RJH's now. Good Manny.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
11 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonship
[quote] Show a scripture or scriptures that says word for word that the holy spirit, Jesus and his Father are the same spirit being? Nothing vague or maybe it says it but a scripture that anyone from any time has said they are the same spirit being?

So the ...[text shortened]... r challenge latter in another post. Folks are falling asleep reading this one.
Well yes it is a fair question as no where in the Bible does it teach the trinity. So when ones say it is a fact then I'm simply asking for proof.
So far nothing anyone has produced has changed the fact they there is no trinity in the Bible.

k

Moves
11 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

“The Almighty.” Greek, ho Pantokrator; Latin Omnipotens, Hebrew, El Shaddai, “God Almighty”,

Christ is never referred to in Scripture as the Almighty, never, in fact,

'although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.' Phillipans 2:6
Robbie,

Who's talking here and who is being talked about.

Revelation 1
King James Version (KJV)

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 1
American Standard Version (ASV) 1901 (I believe this was JW bible prior to NWT)

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show unto his servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass: and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John;
2 who bare witness of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, even of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written therein: for the time is at hand.
4 John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from him who is and who was and who is to come; and from the seven Spirits that are before his throne;
5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loveth us, and loosed us from our sins by his blood;
6 and he made us to be a kingdom, to be priests unto his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, he cometh with the clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they that pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth shall mourn over him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
9 I John, your brother and partaker with you in the tribulation and kingdom and patience which are in Jesus, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

Jesus Christ?