1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 15:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    My dear Celtic cousin, you are preaching to the wrong person, albeit with impassioned
    sentiments. We cannot be made to compromise our principles even in the face of
    death. We shall not be moulded by the turbulent waters of politics which throw up
    mire in the shape of political issues. We have because of our adherence to Biblical
    principles ...[text shortened]... and empty, a lie and a deception and a very poor substitute for the real thing,
    Gods Kingdom.
    If you keep it up, you may find yourself descending down into the pit of hell.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 16:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you keep it up, you may find yourself descending down into the pit of hell.
    You're pagan teachings dont scare me, i have been set free, truth sets one free!

(John 8:32) . . .you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.. . .
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 16:23
    We can't allow anyone to go around murdering babies, in the womb or not.
    That does not make them a second class citizens. Anyway, giving birth to and
    raising babies is their function according to God's plan and purpose. So get over it.
    And you can't see that is the excuse used to control women. Keep them pregnant and bearing children no matter how it happens, don't let them be equal to men in spite of the Marie Curie's and such out there. Women can never be the equal of men and I intend to keep it that way. That's your motto.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 17:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And you can't see that is the excuse used to control women. Keep them pregnant and bearing children no matter how it happens, don't let them be equal to men in spite of the Marie Curie's and such out there. Women can never be the equal of men and I intend to keep it that way. That's your motto.
    It is God that made man this way. The male to work hard with sweat and the
    female to bring forth babies with pain. We don't have the power to change
    God's will. And He has commanded us not to murder, so that's the way it is.
    HalleluYah !!! 😏
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 19:39
    HalleluYah !!! 😏
    You are a sick puppy.
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 20:42
    My dear Celtic cousin, you are preaching to the wrong person, albeit with impassioned
    sentiments. We cannot be made to compromise our principles even in the face of
    death. We shall not be moulded by the turbulent waters of politics which throw up
    mire in the shape of political issues. We have because of our adherence to Biblical
    principles ...[text shortened]... and empty, a lie and a deception and a very poor substitute for the real thing,
    Gods Kingdom.
    My dear Celtic cousin, you are preaching to the wrong person, albeit with impassioned sentiments.

Likely so but there remains some interest in your willingness to debate the points made.

I can look across the water and see former members of the IRA sitting in a kingdom hall with former enemies, now brothers in the truest sense of the word, .... you cannot touch this, you have nothing which to compare this transcendence, after which the words of those protagonists of a political solution are hollow and empty, a lie and a deception and a very poor substitute for the real thing, Gods Kingdom.

Prior to a political solution, people of rival religious affiliation employed the words of the same God from the same bible to justify repeated violence and murder. After the political solution, they came to recognize some common ground expressed, not least, in their affiliation to the same God and the same Bible.

But the requirement for change was political. To be fair, this was achieved with concessions from both sides of the religious divide, I would hesitate to regard those committed to violence on either side as "true Christians" and many good Christians on both sides worked throughout for peace.

You may thank God for the change - but it was political change and required political engagement.
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 21:231 edit
    HalleluYah !!! 😏
    Evidently it is indeed women who give birth. That is nature. That might as well be God's will. Like gravity is probably God's will rather than the ability for humans to fly, which is probably not God's will. My tea gets cold unless I drink it reasonably quickly and my grass grows as fast as I can cut it during the Spring and Summer months.

As long as God wills the bleeding obvious then we are not going to have too much difficulty, are we? When we want God to "will" or resolve the kind of ethical dilemmas facing us in modern times, however, it is surprising how indirect our biblical sources turn out to be. Requiring the careful exegesis of our male interlocutor with God.

Let me just clarify.

1. We do not have the power to change God's will. (Not 'we must not' or 'ought not' but we do not have the power).

2. He has commanded us not to murder. That's pretty clear. But we do murder - all the time. Every week in Britain, two women are murdered by their (male) partner. The most common perpetrator of violence against women and children is within the home. There is nothing else more dangerous to women and children than the man of the house. So we clearly have the power to do what is contrary to God's will and exercise that power routinely.

3. Women have always and everywhere not only carried the children but also worked. If that is not God's will then how come it is the norm and always was? The notion that women do not work, but rely on men to do so, is such a rare things in societies across the world and throughout history that it is clearly a nonsense to give it bibilical authority as God's will.

Clearly we have the power to do quite a lot of things that are not God's will (as expressed by you).

Maybe it is just women who have to do God's will? Maybe the bargain you describe - women give birth plus men work to support them - is one that is not invalidated when men, actually, not only fail to support the women in childrearing and relationships, but also organise society and the world of work to make it excessively hard for women to do either and almost impossible to do both.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '12 22:411 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    My dear Celtic cousin, you are preaching to the wrong person, albeit with impassioned sentiments.

Likely so but there remains some interest in your willingness to debate the points made.

[quote] I can look across the water and see former members of the IRA sitting in a kingdom hall with former enemies, now brothers in the truest sense o may thank God for the change - but it was political change and required political engagement.
    and yet we have transcended even that because of our strict neutrality and application
    of Biblical principles.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 03:04
    and yet we have transcended even that because of our strict neutrality and application
    of Biblical principles.
    Application of Biblical principles? Like the Jews? I have no idea what biblical
    principles you are stricly following that make you act the way you do. Perhaps
    the Pharisee would understand you better and could explain it , if they were here.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 03:14
    Evidently it is indeed women who give birth. That is nature. That might as well be God's will. Like gravity is probably God's will rather than the ability for humans to fly, which is probably not God's will. My tea gets cold unless I drink it reasonably quickly and my grass grows as fast as I can cut it during the Spring and Summer months.

[b]As long a ...[text shortened]... ake it excessively hard for women to do either and almost impossible to do both.
    You misunderstand what I mean. I believe man has a responsibilty to love
    and protect his family and both the woman and the man may need help in
    taking care of their roles in the family. When a man loves his wife he is not
    going to treat her like dirt. I do not say that a women can not work if she
    wishes to do so to help out the family. But the man should not force her to
    abort her child so he can force her to work instead. That is not what love is
    all about. Love is also not murdering unborn babies for convience either.
  11. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 12:33
    You misunderstand what I mean. I believe man has a responsibilty to love
    and protect his family and both the woman and the man may need help in
    taking care of their roles in the family. When a man loves his wife he is not
    going to treat her like dirt. I do not say that a women can not work if she
    wishes to do so to help out the family. But the man sh ...[text shortened]... is not what love is
    all about. Love is also not murdering unborn babies for convience either.
    You misunderstand what I mean.

No I don't. You misunderstand what you mean so thought I'd point out just a few of the illogical and reactionary consequences of your views.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 13:411 edit
    Application of Biblical principles? Like the Jews? I have no idea what biblical
    principles you are stricly following that make you act the way you do. Perhaps
    the Pharisee would understand you better and could explain it , if they were here.
    yes that is correct, you do not understand, but knowing this is a step in the right
    direction!
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 14:22
    You misunderstand what I mean.

No I don't. You misunderstand what you mean so thought I'd point out just a few of the illogical and reactionary consequences of your views.
    If those are consequences to my views, then someone is truly illogical and
    reactionary. But that is their problem, not mine.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 14:28
    yes that is correct, you do not understand, but knowing this is a step in the right
    direction!
    So your Biblical principles are like the Pharisees? Maybe, I do understand then.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '12 14:29
    So your Biblical principles are like the Pharisees? Maybe, I do understand then.
    no principles are different from laws, you just haven't learned that yet! but stick around
    with me old man, ill help you out! God knows you need it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree