1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 01:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes God has not cast them off as individuals as many of them became Christians but the fact remains that as a nation the Kingdom was removed from them and given to another nation that was producing the fruitage of the kingdom or how will you explain Christ and Peters words? Or will you simply continue to ignore those verses in the hope that they go away.
    More outrageous lies. Please, for your own sake, stop it.

I pray that sometime, hopefully before it is too late for you, that your eyes are finally opened.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 01:48
    Yes God has not cast them off as individuals as many of them became Christians but the fact remains that as a nation the Kingdom was removed from them and given to another nation that was producing the fruitage of the kingdom or how will you explain Christ and Peters words? Or will you simply continue to ignore those verses in the hope that they go away.
    Matthew 21:42-43 is a warning to those that will be condemned at second coming if they do not repent.

1 Peter 2:9-10 refers to all believers, Jews and Gentiles, and is not restricted to Jehovah's Witnesses.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 08:511 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Please. How can I argue with you when you cannot even understand a simple verse of scripture such as Colossians 1:15? You will simply naysay everything I say and sing "la la la la la" with your fingers in your ears. Your man-made dogma refutes everything biblical yet you call me pagan. I am full to overflowing with your inanities. I have no more time for you or your juvenile attempts at "logic".
    it has nothing to do with colossians 1:15 and your inability to explain it is rather telling, your attempt to project your ignorance scurrilous and your defamation of character slanderous. I knew it was a mistake to ask you to explain anything about scripture I will not make the same mistake again.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 08:531 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    RJH is right. The Jews are God's 'chosen people' and yes, they did not recognize the Messiah. This will be ameliorated at Christ's second coming when He arrives as the warrior Messiah the Jews expected the first time, and He will be accepted by the Jews as the Messiah at that time. All will see Him, and all will know who He is.

Your argument trying to ...[text shortened]...

Just because they are 'God's chosen people' doesn't mean they have to get everything 'right'.
    Look, RJH, she corrects me in a friendly manner, and therefore I am inclined to take her seriously.

Suzianne, thank you for the answer. It brings light of the subject. I still think it is a paradox, and there are things I cannot understand. I have to go and contemplate over the matter a bit further.

Thank you Suzianne!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 09:105 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Matthew 21:42-43 is a warning to those that will be condemned at second coming if they do not repent.

1 Peter 2:9-10 refers to all believers, Jews and Gentiles, and is not restricted to Jehovah's Witnesses.
    The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits. - Jesus Christ

who is this nation that was to be given the Kingdom? for clearly Jesus was referring to the Jewish nation when he said that the Kingdom will be taken from you, otherwise the verse makes absolutely no sense.

the verse in Peter does not refer to all believers for it states, 'For you were once not a people, but are now God’s people', which could not be a reference to the Jews for they were at one point Gods people.

The term chosen nation refers to a people who would be chosen to be Gods representatives on earth, the Jews were initially chosen but lost that privilege when they rejected the Messiah, in a little more than thirty years after Jesus uttered the words, 'your house is abandoned to you', and 'the Kingdom will be taken from you and given to nation producing its fruits ', the Romans under Titus destroyed Jerusalem and the temple killing and enslaving millions. The temple at Jerusalem has never been rebuilt and it now contains a mosque.

The idea that the Jews are still Gods chosen people finds NO substantiation in scripture and is absolutely nonsensical in view of the above quoted verses. Peter clearly describes how a new nation was chosen, the one mentioned by Christ that would receive the Kingdom and that were to be Gods representatives declaring abroad the excellencies of that one.

This new chosen nation, royal priesthood and people for special possession was the first century Christian congregation. This perspective is both logical and supported by scripture in stark contrast to the views expressed by those who state that the Jews are still Gods chosen nation and have produced nothing more than slander, irrelevancy and absurdity to support their perspective.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 19:22

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:14
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    As are similar beliefs about God (as seen in the eyes of atheists, naturally).

Also, I imagine one is less inclined to believe anything about Israel if one harbors bias about them. And no, I'm not willing to entertain a thread-hijacking discussion about 'facts' here, since one person's 'facts' are another person's 'lies'. Bias is bias, from either side. Bringing the Japanese into a discussion about 'God's Chosen People' also seems nonsensical, as well as diversionary.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:18
    This new chosen nation, royal priesthood and people for special possession was the first century Christian congregation. This perspective is both logical and supported by scripture in stark contrast to the views expressed by those who state that the Jews are still Gods chosen nation and have produced nothing more than slander, irrelevancy and absurdity to support their perspective.
    Everyone thinks this means them.

Even the Mormons think this means them.

Keep going, you're well on your way towards "slander, irrelevancy and absurdity", if not well past it.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:22
    it has nothing to do with colossians 1:15 and your inability to explain it is rather telling, your attempt to project your ignorance scurrilous and your defamation of character slanderous. I knew it was a mistake to ask you to explain anything about scripture I will not make the same mistake again.
    Good. Take *your* "ignorance", and *your* "defamation of character" with you.

And maybe for once, you'll read a real Bible and discover your own dogma (based on scripture, for once) instead of being spoon-fed lies while exclaiming, "Yummy!"
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:25
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Look, RJH, she corrects me in a friendly manner, and therefore I am inclined to take her seriously.

Suzianne, thank you for the answer. It brings light of the subject. I still think it is a paradox, and there are things I cannot understand. I have to go and contemplate over the matter a bit further.

Thank you Suzianne!
    It's okay, I'm sure we'll eventually be at odds, just like before. 🙂

Welcome back, by the way.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:31
    [b]I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.

(Romans 11:1-2 NKJV)[/b]
    Thank you Ron. Despite your fundamentalism, you see some things more clearly than the egoists do.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:35
    When one uses a false premise like you do, one is likely to come to a false conclusion. In my opinion all Israel, 12 tribes, are the chosen people, including the Jews.
    In your opinion? How about what the Bible says for a change?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:41
    Originally posted by galveston75
    In your opinion? How about what the Bible says for a change?
    Yeah, how about it? robbie's been ignoring it for so long it's not funny.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 21:33
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Thank you Suzianne!
    I am glad you appreciate the way Suzianne does things, but I am a different person and hopefully there will be somebody that appreciates the way I do things for Christ. Perhaps it is like the difference between a hand and a foot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree