1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 08:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Who define truth? You? Me?

I would like to hear your truth, but you don't have the Ultimate Truth. Noone has. The one who thinks he has the Ultimate Truth is not even near the Ultimate Truth, that we can hold for a truth.

I've posed my question. Noone has answered it in a (for me) satisfactory way. I'm still waiting. How can this paradox be resolved ...[text shortened]... Until I get a good answer that I can understand, whichever it is, it is still a mystery for me.
    Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

(John 14:6 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 08:561 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

(John 14:6 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy![/b]
    You have to think over this detail once more.

Did Jesus ever insult others? Do you insult others?
    If Jesus is the way, then why don't you follow his way?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:03
    You have to think over this detail once more.

Did Jesus ever insult others? Do you insult others?
    If Jesus is the way, then why don't you follow his way?
    Jesus was better at insulting others He disagreed with than I could ever be, especially those Pharisees.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:07
    Jesus was better at insulting others He disagreed with than I could ever be, especially those Pharisees.
    Were the Pharisees really insulted? I don't think so.

But if you really think insulting others is a main part, one of the pillar stones, of the christian faith, then you have to show me some quotes from the bible and the mouth of Jesus himself.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:13
    Were the Pharisees really insulted? I don't think so.

But if you really think insulting others is a main part, one of the pillar stones, of the christian faith, then you have to show me some quotes from the bible and the mouth of Jesus himself.
    There you go again, setting up a strawman.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:14
    There you go again, setting up a strawman.
    No no, this is not a straw man. It's about you.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:19
    No no, this is not a straw man. It's about you.
    Oh, an ad hominem attack instead this time.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:24
    Oh, an ad hominem attack instead this time.
    You try and you try, over and over again. Whenever you are not sure of an answer you throw words like straw men, that you are under attack, and such. Do you really want some pity that hard?

You are just avoiding the question. How about "I don't know. It's a good question, but I really cannot answer, because I just don't know."?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:29
    You try and you try, over and over again. Whenever you are not sure of an answer you throw words like straw men, that you are under attack, and such. Do you really want some pity that hard?

You are just avoiding the question. How about "I don't know. It's a good question, but I really cannot answer, because I just don't know."?
    I don't even know what the question is anymore. But nevermine, I will let someone else who you might respect give you the answer you want to hear.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:39
    I don't even know what the question is anymore. But nevermine, I will let someone else who you might respect give you the answer you want to hear.
    I haven't erased the question, it is still there. I've repeated the question again and again so the meaning shows clearly. It is answerable, no doubt about that, especially by people who don't admit there are no paradoxes.

I respect you, and your answer, if you respect that I don't understand your answer, and want more information. Believe me on that.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:45
    I haven't erased the question, it is still there. I've repeated the question again and again so the meaning shows clearly. It is answerable, no doubt about that, especially by people who don't admit there are no paradoxes.

I respect you, and your answer, if you respect that I don't understand your answer, and want more information. Believe me on that.
    I have answered every question that I am aware of and you keep calling me a liar that I never answered the question. Perhaps I do not understand the question, but I am not really interested in beating a horse to death.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:49
    I have answered every question that I am aware of and you keep calling me a liar that I never answered the question. Perhaps I do not understand the question, but I am not really interested in beating a horse to death.
    Show me the posting where I use the word "liar". If you cannot, then who is then a liar? Think about that a while. Give respect to earn respect if you think it is important.

But I like when you admit that you didn't understand my question. This is a small step of humbleness from you. If you don't think it is an important question, then just don't attempt to give me an answer at all. "I don't know" is also a good answer.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:53
    Show me the posting where I use the word "liar". If you cannot, then who is then a liar? Think about that a while. Give respect to earn respect if you think it is important.

But I like when you admit that you didn't understand my question. This is a small step of humbleness from you. If you don't think it is an important question, then just don't attempt to give me an answer at all. "I don't know" is also a good answer.
    One does not have to use the word "liar" to call one a liar. It can be done sneakingly like you do by keep accusing one of not answering a question when he has.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 09:56
    One does not have to use the word "liar" to call one a liar. It can be done sneakingly like you do by keep accusing one of not answering a question when he has.
    So if I don't call you a liar, but you hear that I call you a liar, despite my denying that I hve ever done that, is the reason be sought in your low self esteem?

Remember, we are here to help you, if you just open yourself for the help.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 10:10
    So if I don't call you a liar, but you hear that I call you a liar, despite my denying that I hve ever done that, is the reason be sought in your low self esteem?

Remember, we are here to help you, if you just open yourself for the help.
    I do not see any kind of help coming from you. All I see is the use of logical fallacies to attack my character and to mock and ridicule my views. That is not what I consider help in increasing self esteem. I see your efforts as the work of an arrogant evil man that needs to be insulted.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree