1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 18:54
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    [b]IF one need only believe in Jesus and accept the "Holy Spirit" and then you are saved, why oh why doesn't Jesus simply tell you that? Why does he instead constantly stress the necessity of works?

Of course Jesus is going to stress the necessity of works. We are called to the highest standard of holiness possible: Jesus Christ Himself. ...[text shortened]... ernal life in the presence of your loving Creator?

Think about it, neighbor.[/b]
    I've already pointed out to you that Mark 16:16 is a later addition that clearly wasn't said by Jesus. Your insisting on continuing to make it a cornerstone of your argument shows the bankruptcy of your argument.

Jesus doesn't expect perfection from Man. Your theological belief that your God sets such an impossible condition but then waives it is unwarranted by anything Jesus says. Luke 11 read in full context (which you hate doing) is simply yet another call to treat your fellow man with kindness and mercy if you expect the same from God.

Your personal statements are an unnecessary distraction as is your pathetic attempt to prosleytize. I don't care how you lead your life; that is your affair. I am pointing out to you that you are stating a contradiction by claiming to believe in Jesus while your theological beliefs are clearly at odds with the message he gave in the Synoptic Gospels. You can't "put your faith in Jesus Christ" and believe in sola fide, depravity of man, and the other doctrines you espouse without deluding yourself. That is the course you are choosing based on what others have told you and I find it kinda of sad.

Threatening to sic your God on me doesn't impress me has I am certain he does not exist for many reasons, many of which have been discussed in this forum ad nausem (and for some that "Christians" of your ilk refuse to discuss). My theological preference at this time is non-dualism, so I don't believe there will be a Judgment Day (we are all a part of the One without a Second and it can't judge us as we are it). And yelling at people to "repent" is something nuts with long white beards on street corners do.
  2. Illinois
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 22:55
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I've already pointed out to you that Mark 16:16 is a later addition that clearly wasn't said by Jesus. Your insisting on continuing to make it a cornerstone of your argument shows the bankruptcy of your argument.

Jesus doesn't expect perfection from Man. Your theological belief that your God sets such an impossible condition but then waiv ...[text shortened]... people to "repent" is something nuts with long white beards on street corners do.
    God loves you, no1.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree