1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 00:201 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    However, to love, and yes, to possibly lose, is part and parcel of the human condition, and part of what it is to truly live.

Surely God never intended for us to just float through life never experiencing pain. It's what we do with that pain that shapes us, for good or bad.
    Jesus said it is better not to get involved in sexual relationships. Paul agreed.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 01:05
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Could I ask your view on this first please...

[b]It is better to have lived and not made it to heaven, than not have lived at all?
    [/b]
    Yes, if by not going to heaven the person ceases to exist at some point after death.
    No, if by not going to heaven the person exists in horrific torment for eternity after death.
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 01:07
    However, to love, and yes, to possibly lose, is part and parcel of the human condition, and part of what it is to truly live.

Surely God never intended for us to just float through life never experiencing pain. It's what we do with that pain that shapes us, for good or bad.
    But, the idea of having loved and lost is to fall in love and suffer heartbreak. Sorry, I would rather have never fallen in love if that's the outcome.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 02:05
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    But, the idea of having loved and lost is to fall in love and suffer heartbreak. Sorry, I would rather have never fallen in love if that's the outcome.
    Both the love and heartbreak are temporary. But I agree the pain is more intense than the euphoria.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 02:10
    I heard a stat saying 70 to 80 percent of all divorces are started by the woman. The reason given is that women become dissatisfied much more quickly than men.

Given that perspective I can see why women would be more likely to have no problem with break ups. She is much less likely to have been dumped.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 02:22
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Jesus said it is better not to get involved in sexual relationships. Paul agreed.
    Grow up.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 02:34
    Feh, I've suffered far worse than 'heartbreak'. I'd rather not give up on love just to keep from that pain. That seems crazy to me. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. But the possibility of loss should not stop us from knowing love. Do we stop loving and getting married and raising kids because someday our love might die and leave us alone again? No. So should the possibility that they are not right for us not keep us from trying. It seems like you'd rather give up a lot on the off chance that things might not work out. If they don't it's far better that two people move forward and on with their lives instead of being shackled to the person, causing even more pain. But none of this should cause us to deny love. Would Jesus have said, No, Father, I can't go through with it, because he knew his love for us would cause him great pain? No, he didn't. He knew he had to teach a fallen Man how to love again in order to save them. Love is the best thing about humans. Love is everything Jesus is about. It's worth the pain we get from a broken heart. We learn to move on. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, you know. 🙂
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 02:36
    I heard a stat saying 70 to 80 percent of all divorces are started by the woman. The reason given is that women become dissatisfied much more quickly than men.

Given that perspective I can see why women would be more likely to have no problem with break ups. She is much less likely to have been dumped.
    You will never, ever, ever make even the slightest attempt to understand women, will you?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 04:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 05:321 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    We all change. That's what life is.

But if we deny love, then we deny ourselves.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 05:47
    Yes, if by not going to heaven the person ceases to exist at some point after death.
    No, if by not going to heaven the person exists in horrific torment for eternity after death.
    So which is it?
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 06:10
    Is it better to be alone when married or alone when single?
    Single. Why would people inflict on others?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 06:211 edit
    You will never, ever, ever make even the slightest attempt to understand women, will you?
    Instead of attacking Eladar, primarily becuase you don’t like his him or his politics, why don’t you challenge one of the perveyours of eternal suffering?
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 06:25
    Six girls here, two guys, and three more females move in. Domina is like too many vaginas around here. She cleans the bath room, I just take care of the other common areas.

I am very happy to just close the door.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 06:36
    And you hand in there with that one...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree