1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 16:25
    Originally posted by David C
    Capitalist pig.
    Selling cars makes you a capitalist pig, not buying them.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 16:31
    Originally posted by Starrman
    If I don't drive, but my girlfriend drives me everywhere and she drives a 2 litre Toyota Primera fuel injection, does that weigh me up or down in God's eyes?
    If you're going to date based on your GF's wheels, God would like you to at least find the woman of your dreams with a Porsch.
  3. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 17:23
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    This brotha is real deep too. Here's an example that I have yet to hear a sisngle brainy-type on RHP explain to me what the hell this means: "Giving presupposes that I have and brings to pass that which it presupposes."
    He's saying the more you give, the more God will give you.

There is a biblical principle involved. The more giving and forgiving and generous you are, the more the Master will bless and reward you. Read Mathew 25:14-30, and Luke 6:38.

But Eikerenkoetter may be misusing the principle by telling people God will "bless them" financially or materially according to how much they give him. The bigger the check you send, the more money you are going to win in lotto. It's BS. God will reward you, but not if you waste your money, and he may not bless you materially (material gain may be a curse).
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 17:55
    I can only wish that he had gone by Rev. Cooter instead of Rev. Ike. That would have been perfect. OK, we got us a good Ivory Tower study going on. I wonder who I will bring up next. Hmmmmm.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 18:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If you're going to date based on your GF's wheels, God would like you to at least find the woman of your dreams with a Porsch.
    But they're so high maintenance, wouldn't he be happier with a more humble and down to earth choice?
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 19:03
    Originally posted by Starrman
    But they're so high maintenance, wouldn't he be happier with a more humble and down to earth choice?
    Like the village bike?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 19:18
    What do you get if you were to cross a black pimp wit evangelist Benny Hinn? Anybody? Anybody? OK, I let you off on this one. May I introduce you to The Right Reverend Frederick Eikerenkoetter. Long before Benny Hinn. Long Before Jimmy Swaggert. Long before Jim Bakker there was Reverend "Ike." From humble beginnings in South Carolina, this b ...[text shortened]... erenkoetter a visit at www.revike.org. If you all get a Rolls, please let us know. God bless.
    So he was the model for Scientology it looks like.
    L Ron took a big que and figured he could win his bet... and did.
    Just ask Kirsty Alley how much SHE gave this so-called religion.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 19:24
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Like the village bike?
    She's gotta motor. At least a little...
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 21:35
    OK, let us move along. Long before there was a TV. Long before there was a satellite dish. And even long before there was a microphone, what did preachers do? They yelled, fool! I believe the preacher that first perfected the art of yelling was none other than Billy Sunday. Rwingett should love this one as he was a baseball player (for the Chicago White Sox) and he led a campaign to end alcohol in Detroit. This guy moved around so much that he would make Jimmy Swaggert look comotose.

One must only recount memorable quotes to get a flava of this preaching prodigy.

"When I hit the devil square in the face some people go away as mad as if I had slapped them in the mouth."

"Whiskey is alright in its place- but its place is hell."

"The reason you don't like the Bible, you old sinner is because it knows all about you."

"God likes a little humor, as is evidence by the fact that he make the monkeys, the parrot and some of you people."

"I want all the women here to cross their legs. The gates of hell have now been closed."

"The Lord is not compelled to use theologicans. He can take snakes, sticks, or anything else, and use them for the advancement of his cause."

We can only lament that Billy Sunday was not born at a later time in history. Yelling took its toll on his voice and we were not blessed to hear his tirades against alcohol and "the gates of hell" on TV. Truly a great loss.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 22:15
    Checkbaiter, what kind of car do you drive? I have a '97 Camry. I have a hunch you and I are not as self-actualized in the Spirit as we should be. "By their cars you shall know them."
    2004 venture, wife is more spiritual 2005 malibu....LOL

Talk about twisting the Word of God!!! There are many like him, but please don't make him the model of Christianity.
    While it is biblical to give, it is not to get rich in return..God does bless abundantly, and you cannot "outgive" God....but what is missing in all of this is the motivation to give. As in all service to God, including giving, the motivation is love out of a pure heart.
    God does not need money for Himself, that goes without saying. But He does want us to give for outreach, helping the poor, etc.
    What He also says is to prove Him. Many claim to be Christians, but when it comes to the wallet, many hold back. This is where real trust and love come in. And I might add growing in one's faith(pistis-believing) But it is to be mixed with wisdom.
    God has already made us "rich". He has given us eternal life, wisdom, grace, mercy, the fruit of the spirit, and countless other blessings.
    What are riches? They bring happiness but not joy...Besides what will money buy after we die...is it not left for someone else?

Mark 8:36
    36 "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?(Life)
    (NKJ)

Also, I know many think money is evil, not true...it's the love of money that is a root of all evil.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 22:19
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    2004 venture, wife is more spiritual 2005 malibu....LOL

Talk about twisting the Word of God!!! There are many like him, but please don't make him the model of Christianity.
    While it is biblical to give, it is not to get rich in return..God does bless abundantly, and you cannot "outgive" God....but what is missing in all of this is the motivation t ...[text shortened]... I know many think money is evil, not true...it's the love of money that is a root of all evil.
    All the more reason why Billy Sunday is an intriguing character. He left a job playing baseball that payed him $500 a month to a job preaching in which he made $83 a month.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 22:39
    OK, let us move along. Long before there was a TV. Long before there was a satellite dish. And even long before there was a microphone, what did preachers do? They yelled, fool! I believe the preacher that first perfected the art of yelling was none other than Billy Sunday. Rwingett should love this one as he was a baseball player (for the Chicago W ...[text shortened]... lessed to hear his tirades against alcohol and "the gates of hell" on TV. Truly a great loss.
    I agree, he was a great loss....
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 22:58
    OK, let us move along. Long before there was a TV. Long before there was a satellite dish. And even long before there was a microphone, what did preachers do? They yelled, fool! I believe the preacher that first perfected the art of yelling was none other than Billy Sunday. Rwingett should love this one as he was a baseball player (for the Chicago W ...[text shortened]... lessed to hear his tirades against alcohol and "the gates of hell" on TV. Truly a great loss.
    I quite like this one ......

"The reason you don't like the Bible, you old sinner is because it knows all about you."

😀
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 00:36
    Shall we move along? As we have just covered a preacher who came along long before technology and managed to have great influence, let us now move to the modern day era and look at a website. I became aware of this site thanks in part to the disaster of hurricane Katrina. Apparently, according to this site, God is really mad at New Orleans. Man, does it show.

Apparently God does not like Mardi Gras. He also does not like the fact that those "Girls Gone Wild" videos have been produced down there. Let us not forget the drag queens and Bourbon Street and all that debauchery down there. This here hurricane is "God's hand" according to these fools.

But there is good news. They are sending a couple of cases of drinking water down there. Should help quench the fires of hell.

Go visit www.repentamerica.com
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 01:28
    Shall we move along? As we have just covered a preacher who came along long before technology and managed to have great influence, let us now move to the modern day era and look at a website. I became aware of this site thanks in part to the disaster of hurricane Katrina. Apparently, according to this site, God is really mad at New Orleans. Man, doe ...[text shortened]... nking water down there. Should help quench the fires of hell.

Go visit www.repentamerica.com
    I agree with you Kirksey...they are fools....but they are right in a lot of their material...
    They are especially angry with homosexuals....I also believe it is a sinful practise...but so is lying, murder, etc. I noticed most of their articles are focusing on "gay" events. So they have a special hatred of the act...I don't know what to say, they are wrong in focusing on one thing, but right in a lot of other things.
    I know the world is full of evil, but that is to be expected in these times. I think we have been in the "last days' for sometime now. And things seem to be escalating, especially after watching Hal Lindsey tonight.

But in response to your comments, I do not believe God is mad and brought on this disaster....Satan, yes...if anyone wants to blame someone, it is satan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree