1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 00:47
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    I'm not

You two both seem to love picking on anyone who doesnt agree with you, what's your opinion on the praying for death of the supreme court thing. Post responses in that thread by the way for organization reasons please.
    I'm not an expert in this area...I would say God would not answer that prayer....but in the book of Acts, there ware a couple(Annanias and Sappphira) who got a rude awakening, or death for their evil...Acts ch.5
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 00:52
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Gloria Copeland, and that's because she is the only one Iv'e seen except for the two that you mentioned. I am not particularly fond of any, don't know or can't remember any....give me a hint.
    You must be in to grandmothers. Merciful Jesus.

OK, let me just say that this here female evangelist is so hot she could be on the Weather Channel. Unlike the "Brides of Frankenstein" (Crouch and Bakker) , Paula White learned how to use make-up. There is no doubt that she is completely vacuous, but no one really cares as she looks good.

She describes herself as a "life coach, motivational speaker, pastor, preacher, author, humanitarian, philanthropist, teacher, TV personality, wife and mother." She is a talking machine. Let's just say that there is a reason that "wife and mother" are last in her list of descriptions. She blends in a healthy dose of Jesus and positive thinking and jumping up and down in her mini-skirt so as get you to forget that she is saying absolutely nothing. She should entitle every talk she does "It's all about ME!"

Like many TV evangelists she comes from a horrible background and Jesus brought her out of the pit. Regrettably Jesus didn't send her to school. She simply found that smiling, yelling and jumping up and down in her mini-skirt seemed to bring in the money and the crowds. Here is an example of her huxterism. She started a program of "internet mentoring." Talk about an oxymoron! After you've paid her a lot of money for this, you get a worthless certificate that says you were mentored on the internet. Praise Jesus!

OK, when you're bitchin about gas prices remember that this life coach as a jet airplane. I can assure you that this philanthropist will not fly to New Orleans. But maybe after your laptop has dried out she may send you an e-mail encouraging your sorry ass along. God bless.

www.paulawhite.org
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 00:56
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    I'm not

You two both seem to love picking on anyone who doesnt agree with you, what's your opinion on the praying for death of the supreme court thing. Post responses in that thread by the way for organization reasons please.
    That's true, I do. But it's all for the sake of education.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 20:59
    Class, shall we move on to the next chapter of "Highway to Hell Preachers"?

OK, who can tell me the name of the televangelist who was so dispicable that segments of his "messages" were put up on the internet with fart sounds dubbed in whenever he squinted, paused, or rolled his eyes? Stang will be glad to know he is a Texan, coming from the same state as his beloved George W. Bush. Farting only leads to salvation.
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 21:02
    Originally posted by kirksey957

OK, who can tell me the name of the televangelist who was so dispicable that segments of his "messages" were put up on the internet with fart sounds dubbed in whenever he squinted, paused, or rolled his eyes? Stang will be glad to know he is a Texan, coming from the same state as his beloved George W. Bush. Farting only leads to salvation.
    Hmmm, stinky question Master Kirk ..... I dunno
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 21:12

An exotic specimen named Robert Tilton, perhaps?
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 21:17
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Hmmm, stinky question Master Kirk ..... I dunno
    A few more tidbits about this character. The Texas attorney general shut him down for preying on the poor and ignorant, and you know for a TV preacher from Texas to be shut down, it has to be pretty bad. He has reopened his "shop of horrors." ABC also did an expose of him. Ivanhoe, I fear even this one will be too much for you, but I hope there will be some entertainment value for you.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 21:18
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    An exotic specimen named Robert Tilton, perhaps?
    Give this boy an A+! How the hell does a South African hear (no pun intended) about this fool?
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 21:261 edit
    A few more tidbits about this character. The Texas attorney general shut him down for preying on the poor and ignorant, and you know for a TV preacher from Texas to be shut down, it has to be pretty bad. He has reopened his "shop of horrors." ABC also did an expose of him. Ivanhoe, I fear even this one will be too much for you, but I hope there will be some entertainment value for you.

Link link ... I want a link ....... NOW !

*nibbles his nails"
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 21:30
    For the links to this aromatic pulpiteer, do a google search for "farting preacher" and you will be led to the gates of salvation. As heaven provides more than we expect, so shall it be that you will find "farting preacher I, II, III, and IV. If we may be so blessed as to have the Texas Attorney General leave him alone, we may eventually see numbers V, VI, and VII come to a "ripe" fruition.

We have us a long weekend on this side of the pond this weekend. Feel free to enjoy Brother Tilton at ya leisure. I wouldn't send him any money though. Do a good thing instead and give a little to the Red Cross. Seriously.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 21:45
    For the links to this aromatic pulpiteer, do a google search for "farting preacher" and you will be led to the gates of salvation.
    You can even find a farting preacher ring-tone, it appears.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 21:50
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    You can even find a farting preacher ring-tone, it appears.
    It's a hell of a day when we have farting ringtone preacher, but we have a city of 2 million with no electricy or water or services.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 02:16
    The wonderful thing about this new Ivory Tower thread is that I have been exposing some of you to the lesser knowns of the preaching movement that while they may not be on TV today, had their own special role to play in the modern day fiasco that we call "the electronic church."

OK, a little teaser. Who can tell me the name of the person who was the youngest to ever be ordained? If you can tell me his age, I will give you extra credit.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 02:322 edits
    The wonderful thing about this new Ivory Tower thread is that I have been exposing some of you to the lesser knowns of the preaching movement that while they may not be on TV today, had their own special role to play in the modern day fiasco that we call "the electronic church."

OK, a little teaser. Who can tell me the name of the person who was the youngest to ever be ordained? If you can tell me his age, I will give you extra credit.
    I recall an autobiographical documentary about a 4-year-old minister. I don't remember the name. If you've seen it, perhaps you can prepare a review. If you haven't, I'll find it on Netflix and review it for the class.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Sep '05 02:35
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I recall an autobiographical documentary about a 4-year-old minister. I don't remember the name.
    Professa, you is on tha right track! You got his age right. I will give you anotha hint. He was a miracle baby in that he was almost strangled at birth by his umbillical cord. Due to this fact, he was given a blend of two names that belonged to the parents of Jesus. I guess I should say his earthly parents.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree