1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 01:59
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Shall we move along? As we have just covered a preacher who came along long before technology and managed to have great influence, let us now move to the modern day era and look at a website. I became aware of this site thanks in part to the disaster of hurricane Katrina. Apparently, according to this site, God is really mad at New Orleans. Man, doe ...[text shortened]... nking water down there. Should help quench the fires of hell.

Go visit www.repentamerica.com
    Why do christians sites and christian television love to put up pictures of gay men kissing each other?!?! Are they trying to live out some secret fantasy?!
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 02:03
    What do you get if you were to cross a black pimp wit evangelist Benny Hinn? Anybody? Anybody? OK, I let you off on this one. May I introduce you to The Right Reverend Frederick Eikerenkoetter. Long before Benny Hinn. Long Before Jimmy Swaggert. Long before Jim Bakker there was Reverend "Ike." From humble beginnings in South Carolina, this b ...[text shortened]... erenkoetter a visit at www.revike.org. If you all get a Rolls, please let us know. God bless.
    "Giving presupposes that I have and brings to pass that which it presupposes."

In other words, in order to give, I must first have something I can give. If I give, I will receive.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 02:45
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I agree with you Kirksey...they are fools....but they are right in a lot of their material...
    They are especially angry with homosexuals....I also believe it is a sinful practise...but so is lying, murder, etc. I noticed most of their articles are focusing on "gay" events. So they have a special hatred of the act...I don't know what to say, they are ...[text shortened]... mad and brought on this disaster....Satan, yes...if anyone wants to blame someone, it is satan.
    What the hell did Hal Lindsey have to say, pray tell? How many books has that fool written predicting the rapture? I think when his money runs out he writes another book and presents another theory.

Let me say a little something about homosexuals or gays or whatever the hell you want to call them. From what I'm seeing from down there, you would feel damn blessed to run into some homosexuals giving you a damn glass of water. Take your damn pick. Which would you rather be around: Girls Gone Wild or Heterosexual Looters Gone Wild? Dammit, I'm in a preachin mood! Who's gonna give me an "Amen"?
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 03:20
    What the hell did Hal Lindsey have to say, pray tell? How many books has that fool written predicting the rapture? I think when his money runs out he writes another book and presents another theory.

Let me say a little something about homosexuals or gays or whatever the hell you want to call them. From what I'm seeing from down there, you would f ...[text shortened]... sexual Looters Gone Wild? Dammit, I'm in a preachin mood! Who's gonna give me an "Amen"?
    Aaaamen! (BTW, I have not forgotten your "homework assignment"--am still thinking...)
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 06:03
    OK, let us move along. Long before there was a TV. Long before there was a satellite dish. And even long before there was a microphone, what did preachers do? They yelled, fool! I believe the preacher that first perfected the art of yelling was none other than Billy Sunday. Rwingett should love this one as he was a baseball player (for the Chicago W ...[text shortened]... lessed to hear his tirades against alcohol and "the gates of hell" on TV. Truly a great loss.
    Tell us about Father Coughlin, who broadcast his anti-semitic and pro-fascist sermons from the Shrine of the Little Flower in Royal Oak, Michigan, during the depression. Right down the road from where I used to live. He was a radioevangelist, long before televangelists came upon the scene. He had a very large following for a very long time. Wikipedia says:

...At its peak in the early 1930s, his radio show was phenomenally popular: historians state that his office received 80,000 letters per week from listeners and his listening audience was estimated to be as much as one-third of the nation. Coughlin is often credited as one of the major demagogues of the 20th century for being able to influence politics through a wide audience, without actually holding a political office himself.

The popularity of his broadcasts fell rapidly as his radicalism grew, and, in 1942, church authorities ordered Coughlin to stop his radio broadcasts and return to his duties as a parish priest.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 06:34
    Loose My Money ......
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 11:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Tell us about Father Coughlin, who broadcast his anti-semitic and pro-fascist sermons from the Shrine of the Little Flower in Royal Oak, Michigan, during the depression. Right down the road from where I used to live. He was a radioevangelist, long before televangelists came upon the scene. He had a very large following for a very long time. Wikipedia says: ...[text shortened]... s ordered Coughlin to stop his radio broadcasts and return to his duties as a parish priest.[/i]
    Looks like you just did, Master Rwingett. I'm gonna give you an "A" for class participation today. I have also noticed who has not been coming to class of late. I can only hope that some may learn in silence by listenin.
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 20:54
    Time fo a new chapter, class. I will begin by askin a question and I hope that some of you all well versed in TV evangelism can answer this here question: who is the hottest female TV evangelist?
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 23:08
    Time fo a new chapter, class. I will begin by askin a question and I hope that some of you all well versed in TV evangelism can answer this here question: who is the hottest female TV evangelist?
    Class, you are strangely quiet. If anyone dares answer Tammy Bakker or Jan Crouch, I shall throw you out of this class and fail you.
  10. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 23:28
    Any female who is not a TV evangelist is automatically hotter than any of them. I like my women with a brain.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 23:44
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    Any female who is not a TV evangelist is automatically hotter than any of them. I like my women with a brain.
    At least there be one brain in that couple!🙂
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 23:49
    Originally posted by kirksey957.

From what I'm seeing from down there, you would feel damn blessed to run into some homosexuals giving you a damn glass of water. Take your damn pick. Which would you rather be around: Girls Gone Wild or Heterosexual Looters Gone Wild? Dammit, I'm in a preachin mood! Who's gonna give me an "Amen"?[/b]
    Either one. Jesus went to sinners and those in need of a physician. That's why I am here, for the rwingetts and the umbrages too. They mock and ridicule, to their own destruction.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 23:54
    Gloria Copeland, and that's because she is the only one Iv'e seen except for the two that you mentioned. I am not particularly fond of any, don't know or can't remember any....give me a hint.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 00:34
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Either one. Jesus went to sinners and those in need of a physician. That's why I am here, for the rwingetts and the umbrages too. They mock and ridicule, to their own destruction.
    Good, I'm glad you are here for them. I am here for you in the same way.
  15. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 00:37
    Good, I'm glad you are here for them. I am here for you in the same way.
    I'm not

You two both seem to love picking on anyone who doesnt agree with you, what's your opinion on the praying for death of the supreme court thing. Post responses in that thread by the way for organization reasons please.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree