jehovas witness

jehovas witness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
You mentioned "bribery". Do you seriously think that non-Christians are denied access to the maternity clinics and primary schools and water & sanitation infrastructure etc. that result from the community efforts?
no i do not but then again you have provided no guarantees that people are not being induced to become Christians for charitable and material benefits.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
We all know Rob likes a good 'cardboard cut-out' stereotype.
all i need is some guarantees that they are coming to Christ for the right reasons.

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
did you build any hospitals and offer any medical services in order to suck the indigenous population in?
I lived in a post oil-boomtown in a backwater region. There were development schemes of all kinds going on. The town was about 70% Christian. I was not involved in the provision of medical services or any building work. Do you object to Christians working in preventative health care or in raising literacy?

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

no i do not but then again you have provided no guarantees that people are not being induced to become Christians for charitable and material benefits.
This seems to be contemptuous of both the Christians working there and those that are brought to Jesus as a result of interacting with those Christians.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I lived in a post oil-boomtown in a backwater region. There were development schemes of all kinds going on. The town was about 70% Christian. I was not involved in the provision of medical services or any building work. Do you object to Christians working in preventative health care or in raising literacy?
They can do what they like except make 'rice Christians'. This I cannot approve of, it almost as bad as trying to buy a stairway to heaven.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
This seems to be contemptuous of both the Christians working there and those that are brought to Jesus as a result of interacting with those Christians.
merely concerned effhim.

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

all i need is some guarantees that they are coming to Christ for the right reasons.
How many of those new Christian Papuans would you need to talk to you before you would be convinced that their "coming to Christ" was not for the wrong reasons?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Apr 14

yeah right and like a phoenix from the ashes of disaster I have arisen and I reign supreme once more!
This is an example of you rising? 😞

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

merely concerned effhim.
It comes across more as an almost gleeful contempt and has done since page 8.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Apr 14

They can do what they like except make 'rice Christians'. This I cannot approve of, it almost as bad as trying to buy a stairway to heaven.
Can you prove that those people in involved in the JW literacy program's you earlier cited are not 'rice Christians'?

Gotta run.

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

Do you approve of Christians working in things like preventative health care or in raising literacy?

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

Do you think Christians involved in community development should hide their Christian beliefs and practices away when they are working in the community?

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Do you approve of Christians working in things like preventative health care or in raising literacy?
they are free to do what they like.

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

they are free to do what they like.
Should they hide their Christian beliefs away when they are working in the community do you think?

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think Christians involved in community development should hide their Christian beliefs and practices away when they are working in the community?
Once again they are free to do what they like.