jehovas witness

jehovas witness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
It's your claim, it's up to you to back it up.
you have mentioned building hospitals and providing health care both of which bestow upon your friends would be converts material and charitable benefits, your friends are down their in the jungle making rice Christians! The shame of it!

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I didn't say that at all. There's nothing wrong with Christians being involved in community projects that might not happen if left to the local government or the private sector. Do you seriously think that non-Christians are denied access to the maternity clinics and primary schools and water & sanitation infrastructure etc. that result from the community efforts?
well well well, it pains me to see you fessing up like this effhim, it cannot be easy, building hospitals and providing health care is one thing, but making 'rice Christians' is quite another.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you have mentioned building hospitals and providing health care both of which bestow upon your friends would be converts material and charitable benefits, your friends are down their in the jungle making rice Christians! The shame of it!
So Christians shouldn't be involved in providing hospitals and health infrastructure in places such as PNG?

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

You sound a bit like Corporal Jones in Dad's Army talking about the "fuzzy wuzzies". We can add you attaching your sneering "rice Christians" label to the Papuan people to the evidence of the contemptuous attitudes you are displaying here.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Do you think Christians should not be involved in community development?
No i think its a matter for secular governments if I am honest, I think Christians should be involved in teaching and preaching the good news of Gods Kingdom like Jesus Christ. In providing spiritual guidance to the community.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

So Christians shouldn't be involved in providing hospitals and health infrastructure in places such as PNG?
What they do is entirely up to them. I dont think making 'rice Christians' is a good idea, people coming to Jesus for all the wrong reasons.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
You sound a bit like Corporal Jones in Dad's Army talking about the "fuzzy wuzzies". We can add you attaching your sneering "rice Christians" label to the Papuan people to the evidence of the contemptuous attitudes you are displaying here.
oh dear have the wheels come off your trolley Effhim, so sad to see you reduced to this.

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

well well well, it pains me to see you fessing up like this effhim, it cannot be easy, building hospitals and providing health care is one thing, but making 'rice Christians' is quite another.
I lived in the western part of Papua for three years and saw all manner of Christian inspired initiatives going on did not see any of this 'rice Christians' thing that you are talking about. It's interesting that you both cast aspersions on the Christians working there and seem to think that the people they bring to Jesus are somehow two dimensional.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Apr 14

Again, have you any evidence that the Christians involved in this project in PNG are making 'rice Christians'?

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

No i think its a matter for secular governments if I am honest, I think Christians should be involved in teaching and preaching the good news of Gods Kingdom like Jesus Christ. In providing spiritual guidance to the community.
Do all these converts then have to go door to door too?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Apr 14

oh dear have the wheels come off your trolley Effhim, so sad to see you reduced to this.
FMF's wheels have come off?! LOL!!!

Your wheels came off and pants came down about 6 pages back.

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I lived in the western part of Papua for three years and saw all manner of Christian inspired initiatives going on did not see any of this 'rice Christians' thing that you are talking about. It's interesting that you both cast aspersions on the Christians working there and seem to think that the people they bring to Jesus are somehow two dimensional.
did you build any hospitals and offer any medical services in order to suck the indigenous population in?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
26 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
We all know Rob likes a good 'cardboard cut-out' stereotype.

F

Moves
26 Apr 14

You mentioned "bribery". Do you seriously think that non-Christians are denied access to the maternity clinics and primary schools and water & sanitation infrastructure etc. that result from the community efforts?

rc

Moves
26 Apr 14

FMF's wheels have come off?! LOL!!!

Your wheels came off and pants came down about 6 pages back.
yeah right and like a phoenix from the ashes of disaster I have arisen and I reign supreme once more!