1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 20:42
    Originally posted by redbarons
    how do you get them to leave you alone
    I had some JW's turn up recently, I was in the process of packing the car for a few days away at the time. Told them I was a 'devout atheist', and that was that. They didn't seem to get the joke, whereas a couple of non-denominational Christians who knocked on my door a few years back saw the funny side.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 22:45
    I smiled benignly and told them I was a priest (didn't seem to matter what denomination); they've left me alone.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 04:27
    Ask them to pray
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 04:30
    normally I just lob my one eyed trouser snake out and that gets rid but the little rippers keep coming back.
    maybe they are hung up on the concept of trouser snakes and feel they need to be bitten like the Holy Ghost church.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 10:15
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Ask them to pray
    just like the Pharisees who enjoyed public prayers! Jesus said go into your private room to pray.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 10:33
    Perhaps the more difficult question is: how does one get robbie to leave well alone?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 10:36
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Perhaps the more difficult question is: how does one get robbie to leave well alone?
    Bonasera, Bonasera, what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, this scum who ruined the forum would be suffering this very day. And if by some chance an honest man like yourself made enemies they would become my enemies. And then, they would fear you.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 10:441 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Twenty years ago they built a Kingdom Hall a couple of blocks away from me. I was working the graveyard shift at work and they kept coming by at 10AM despite my telling them to please not do that. In frustration I answered my door and tersely told them that my family and I were pagans and since I did not press my beliefs upon them, they should not foist the ...[text shortened]... s over to the other side of the street rather than walk directly in front of my house. SUCCESS !
    I once chanced upon a large pentangle traced on the floor of a large derelict house with little pebbles. I had on me a little bible tract, 'you can live forever on a paradise earth', its was very colourful and I placed it right in the middle of that pentangle and placed a little stone to keep it from blowing away for the erudition of the witches when they returned. Success indeed! Hopefully they have turned from giving devotion to the creation rather than the creator by now.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 11:20
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Robbie is a toe rag
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 11:24
    Tell them that your God is the man Jesus Christ.

And then tell them again.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 12:09
    Robbie is a toe rag
    [Chuckle.] I haven't heard that expression in yonks.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 12:33
    -answer the door naked (works best if you are a fat male).

-show up at THEIR door step and ask them if they would like to talk about physics.

-research if it is legal to spray them with a water gun, while staying inside your apartment. if it is, put vinegar in the water gun and spray them.

-paint pentagrams in goat blood on your house. have some impaled pig heads in your yard
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 14:12
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    -answer the door naked (works best if you are a fat male).

-show up at THEIR door step and ask them if they would like to talk about physics.

-research if it is legal to spray them with a water gun, while staying inside your apartment. if it is, put vinegar in the water gun and spray them.

-paint pentagrams in goat blood on your house. have some impaled pig heads in your yard
    I usually ask them why they promote death penalty to homosexuals for showing their love to their partner in certain countries. After some time they usually leave, and, hopefully, not come back.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 14:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I usually ask them why they promote death penalty to homosexuals for showing their love to their partner in certain countries. After some time they usually leave, and, hopefully, not come back.
    I wasn't aware that Jehovah's Witnesses believed in the death penalty for homosexuality, can you clarify please?
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 14:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I wasn't aware that Jehovah's Witnesses believed in the death penalty for homosexuality, can you clarify please?
    Many african countries has death penalty. They are supported by Jehovas Witnesses in their countries. It's all googable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree