jehovas witness

jehovas witness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
25 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
those 'cheesy pamphlets' and smiling brothers and sisters have helped millions of people overcome drug abuse, prostitution, abject poverty, illiteracy, addictions to tobacco and alcoholism often in the face of extreme persecution! what has doing yard work ever done except pull up peoples weeds?
It's OK to be happy and all, and maybe it would even be alright is only a few were smiling, but for the whole lot of them to be smiling is just so much for me the absorb.

It's like a Jim Jones retreat before actually drinking the cool aid.

Most people that I've known in my life who smiled nonstop usually ended up being very devious and twisted.

Just saying. It's like that politician John Edwards who ran for president. It always annoyed me that he never stopped smiling. It ended up that he was cheating on his wife who was dying of cancer. At the time, he denied it.....while smiling, of course.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Apr 14

those 'cheesy pamphlets' and smiling brothers and sisters have helped millions of people overcome drug abuse, prostitution, abject poverty, illiteracy, addictions to tobacco and alcoholism often in the face of extreme persecution! what has doing yard work ever done except pull up peoples weeds?
Millions of people?

w

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Millions of people?
Have you not seen their pamphlets? Everyone, including the animals, are smiling. Of course, they are protrats drawn because no one smiles like they do, even if they tried.

It's like children of the corn I tell ya!! 😲

rc

Moves
25 Apr 14

Millions of people?
yes millions of people, over a quarter of a million people take baptism every year!

rc

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by whodey
Have you not seen their pamphlets? Everyone, including the animals, are smiling. Of course, they are protrats drawn because no one smiles like they do, even if they tried.

It's like children of the corn I tell ya!! 😲
If you were going to live forever in a paradise earth you would be smiling too.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Apr 14

yes millions of people, over a quarter of a million people take baptism every year!
I get that. But surely not everyone who is baptised has to 'overcome drug abuse, prostitution, abject poverty, illiteracy, addictions to tobacco and alcoholism'?

rc

Moves
25 Apr 14
2 edits

I get that. But surely not everyone who is baptised has to 'overcome drug abuse, prostitution, abject poverty, illiteracy, addictions to tobacco and alcoholism'?
no but many have, for example,

Sirley is one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. No doubt you are familiar with the Bible education work that Jehovah’s Witnesses perform as a voluntary service. However, Sirley’s success is not unique. Literacy classes conducted in hundreds of Kingdom Halls throughout Brazil have already helped more than 22,000 people in that country to learn to read and write.

Similar programs of Jehovah’s Witnesses have yielded success in other parts of the world. In the African country of Burundi, for example, the National Office for Adult Literacy (a department of the Ministry of Education) was so pleased with the results of the Witnesses’ literacy program that it gave an award to four of the program’s teachers for “the hard work put into teaching others to read.” Government officials are especially impressed that 75 percent of those who learned to read and write were adult women—a group that usually shies away from attending such programs.

In Mozambique, 4,000 students are enrolled in the Witnesses’ literacy classes, and more than 5,000 students have learned to read and write over the past four years. One former student wrote: “I would like to express my sincere appreciation. Thanks to the school, I can read and write.”

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102001522

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Apr 14

no but many have.
First you claimed 'millions' and now we have 'many'. Are just making this up as you go along?

rc

Moves
25 Apr 14
2 edits

First you claimed 'millions' and now we have 'many'. Are just making this up as you go along?
dude you are too fast on the trigger, see the above text, now you will produce evidence that we have not literally helped millions? Theses figures are only for three nations, now you multiply that world wide since 1870s and you will admit that we are pretty damn awesome.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Apr 14

dude you are too fast on the trigger, see the above text, now you will produce evidence that we have not literally helped millions? Theses figures are only for three nations, now you multiply that world wide since 1870s and you will admit that we are pretty damn awesome.
The claim was made by you, it's up to you to substantiate it.

rc

Moves
25 Apr 14

The claim was made by you, it's up to you to substantiate it.
and I have, I have produced evidence that tens of thousands of people in three countries being helped with literacy, and it stands to reason that over the past one hundred and fifty years many more tens of thousands would have been helped. I find it rather childish that you call upon other people to produce evidence for their claims but you dont have to produce any for yours, if you can dispute the claims then go ahead, if not then we can dismiss it is nothing but mere opinion.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Apr 14

and I have, I have produced evidence that tens of thousands of people in three countries being helped with literacy, and it stands to reason that over the past one hundred and fifty years many more tens of thousands would have been helped. I find it rather childish that you call upon other people to produce evidence for their claims but you dont hav ...[text shortened]... can dispute the claims then go ahead, if not then we can dismiss it is nothing but mere opinion.
Sorry, it's not about me. All personal remarks will be ignored. Care to try again? 😀

rc

Moves
25 Apr 14
1 edit

Sorry, it's not about me. All personal remarks will be ignored. Care to try again? 😀
fine. I have produced evidence.

Moves
25 Apr 14
1 edit

no but many have, for example,

Sirley is one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. No doubt you are familiar with the Bible education work that Jehovah’s Witnesses perform as a voluntary service. However, Sirley’s success is not unique. Literacy classes conducted in hundreds of Kingdom Halls throughout Brazil have already helped more than 22,000 people in that ...[text shortened]... on. Thanks to the school, I can read and write.”

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102001522
Do you recognise the validity of good work that is done by other Christian groups other than the Jehovah's witnesses? Do you think your Jehovah does?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Apr 14

fine. I have produced evidence.
You claimed 'millions', and you have so far produced evidence for 31,000.