1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 02:39
    Originally posted by amannion

I just took a big dump. That's truth, but it isn't particularly significant.
    It is if you've been dying to all day 🙂 (zing!).
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 02:44
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    It is if you've been dying to all day 🙂 (zing!).
    Good point, but this one wasn't.
    Don't get me wrong, some of my dumps are enormously significant. This one wasn't ...
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 03:24
    Why?
    Why is this a truth, and why does truth have to be significant?

I just took a big dump. That's truth, but it isn't particularly significant.
    there is a difference between your dump and religion. your dump doesnt change anyone's lives. religions is an enormous part of everyone's lives, whether they believe it or not.
  4. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 04:24
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    there is a difference between your dump and religion. your dump doesnt change anyone's lives. religions is an enormous part of everyone's lives, whether they believe it or not.
    It changes my life, but let's not go there - enough about my dumps.
    You were talking about truth not religion. As some one who professes to have turned to agnosticism I would've thought you'd recognise that there's a pretty major difference between the two.
    Or do you think religion IS truth?
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 04:38
    It changes my life, but let's not go there - enough about my dumps.
    You were talking about truth not religion. As some one who professes to have turned to agnosticism I would've thought you'd recognise that there's a pretty major difference between the two.
    Or do you think religion IS truth?
    i meant the truth of religion sorry. not truth or religion. but when it comes to the truth about a particular religion it could affect everyone.
  6. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 05:16
    i meant the truth of religion sorry. not truth or religion. but when it comes to the truth about a particular religion it could affect everyone.
    Yeah true, but only if the religious 'truth' is true.
    If say 'Jesus rose from the dead on the third day' is true, then yes, that's pretty damn significant. But only if it's true.
    If it isn't true as I would contend, then at best it's some kind of allegory and at worst it's a fairy story.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 06:34
    i have once heard a theory that in the bible, jesus is lucifer. idk where this conclusion has come from but if anyone knows how this may be possible, it is very interesting to me and i would like to be informed.
    If what no1marauder is the only reason for such a conclusion then it is a simply ludicrous conclusion. Does anyone honestly believe that the morning star (a bright star in the morning sky, is it a planet?) is actually Jesus or Lucifer or both? If the Bible said "Jesus is the King of Kings" and in another book 1000years apart said "Solomon is the King of Kings" would you believe that Solomon was Jesus? Or would you accept the obvious, that it is not a specific and unique title but a poetic description? If you told your girlfriend "you are my Sun and my Moon" then told your child that he is a "rising Sun" are you saying that they are the same person?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 12:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    No it is not a "Mormon doctrine".
    Yes it is!
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 12:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yes it is!
    Why dont you cut short the argument by providing a reference?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 12:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why dont you cut short the argument by providing a reference?
    http://www.carm.org/lds/compare.htm

This is just one source. This doctrine which the Mormons teach is well documented.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 20:541 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    http://www.carm.org/lds/compare.htm

This is just one source. This doctrine which the Mormons teach is well documented.
    Your own link, as biased as it is, refutes your claim that Mormons believe Jesus = Lucifer.

I quote:

Jesus is the literal spirit-brother of Lucifer, a creation.

You read links about as well as you read the Bible.
  12. Joined
    16 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '08 20:571 edit
    Yeah, I was gonna mention that, but I didn't want to bump the thread. There's nothing on that page to suggest Mormons believe Jesus is Lucifer.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 00:04
    Do you believe that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers?
  14. Joined
    16 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 00:101 edit
    I don't even believe that Jesus and Lucifer are real.

EDIT: And don't change the subject. This thread is about the idea that Jesus is Lucifer, not whether they're brothers. You said it was Mormon doctrine that Jesus and Lucifer are the same entity, and we're still waiting for some link that backs up the claim you made.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 00:21
    Originally posted by darthmix
    I don't even believe that Jesus and Lucifer are real.

EDIT: And don't change the subject. This thread is about the idea that Jesus is Lucifer, not whether they're brothers. You said it was Mormon doctrine that Jesus and Lucifer are the same entity, and we're still waiting for some link that backs up the claim you made.
    So I made a mistake. I must have been reading too fast. So forget it. I did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree