Jesus Camp?

Jesus Camp?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMM

USA

Moves
09 Aug 07

Holy F*^$*!, Oh my F$#*@ god! Holy Sh*#

That movie is f'ed up, a flippin army?

for those who haven't seen the movie see the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/jesuscamp/trailer/

DMM

USA

Moves
10 Aug 07

has anybody seen this film?

V

Earth

Moves
10 Aug 07

Originally posted by Dance Master MC
Boy! That's scary.
I am sorry if I ever offended any of you Christians. It is all in good fun, right?

OK, I'll be going now. I think I'll go to the Middle East where it is safer.

DMM

USA

Moves
10 Aug 07

Originally posted by Varqa
Boy! That's scary.
I am sorry if I ever offended any of you Christians. It is all in good fun, right?

OK, I'll be going now. I think I'll go to the Middle East where it is safer.
amen.

oh crap, please don't kill me!:'(

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
10 Aug 07

Has anybody seen this film?
I've heard others talk about it.

I keep hearing the term Neo-Nazi when a conversation about it starts...

S

Moves
10 Aug 07

Holy F*^$*!, Oh my F$#*@ god! Holy Sh*#

That movie is f'ed up, a flippin army?

for those who haven't seen the movie see the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/jesuscamp/trailer/
This is why institutionalised religion should be quashed.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
10 Aug 07

God love those Christians with their forgiving and turning the other cheek...

Illinois

Moves
10 Aug 07

I'm not a supporter of the religious right-wing, but I did admire the faith which those kids displayed. If Christ is the Truth, then those kids are far wiser than the most learned, godless scholars in the world. 😀

"I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will" (Matthew 11:25-26).

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
10 Aug 07

Originally posted by epiphinehas
I'm not a supporter of the religious right-wing, but I did admire the faith which those kids displayed. If Christ is the Truth, then those kids are far wiser than the most learned, godless scholars in the world. 😀

"I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will" (Matthew 11:25-26).
Did you admire the part where the kids were talking about martyring themselves?

It is religious faith of that caliber that causes people to fly jets into skyscrapers.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Aug 07

Has Jesus Camp made it onto South Park yet?

Illinois

Moves
10 Aug 07

Originally posted by rwingett

It is religious faith of that caliber that causes people to fly jets into skyscrapers.

I can't remember the exact words involved. It's been months since I rented that movie.

True. All I can say is, good thing Christ commanded his followers to, "love your neighbor as yourself," and "bless those who despitefully use you and persecute you," and "love your enemies," and "do good to those who hate you." Right?

It's funny hearing people in this thread feign worry over nothing. These kids would sooner die for you, than harm you in the least way. The army stuff is merely symbolic of the church's perennial battle with temptation and spiritual evils, not literally of militaristic significance.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:12).

No doubt even the children in the film were aware of this, so it's highly unlikely that your worries aren't feigned, unless I've underestimated you.

S

Moves
10 Aug 07

[b]Did you admire the part where the kids were talking about martyring themselves?

I can't remember the exact words involved. It's been months since I rented that movie.

True. All I can say is, good thing Christ commanded his followers to, "love y ...[text shortened]... ghly unlikely that your worries aren't feigned, unless I've underestimated you.[/b]
Those children are utterly indoctrinated and therefore vulnerable to the whims of their teachers, teachers that are obviously militant and fundamentalist. They're as likely to take up arms against non-christians, as they are to praise Jesus. If you moved this story to Iraq you'd find the same thing, kids growing up as soldiers for fundamentalist causes and apologists like you suggesting they're full of god's love. They're not, they're full of misguided, immature zeal.

Very scary.

Illinois

Moves
10 Aug 07

Originally posted by Starrman
Those children are utterly indoctrinated and therefore vulnerable to the whims of their teachers, teachers that are obviously militant and fundamentalist. They're as likely to take up arms against non-christians, as they are to praise Jesus. If you moved this story to Iraq you'd find the same thing, kids growing up as soldiers for fundamentalist causes an ...[text shortened]... of god's love. They're not, they're full of misguided, immature zeal.

Very scary.
Take up arms against non-Christians? Little kids? Not a chance. Their teachers wouldn't even do that. Your fears are unfounded, assuming they are real and not feigned.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
10 Aug 07

Your fears are unfounded, assuming they are real and not feigned.
I seem to recall someone saying that just before they annexed the Sudetenland.

Illinois

Moves
10 Aug 07

Originally posted by rwingett
I seem to recall someone saying that just before they annexed the Sudetenland.
Annex of the Sudetenland? Wow, this movie really does have you shook!