1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 22:17
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    I don't think Jesus, nor God is responsible for everything that happens. I don't think either of them has the kind of foreknowledge you think they do.
    Do you think Jesus or God is responsible for the Houston Hurricane?
    I see nothing evil about the Houston hurricane.

I see nothing evil with God creating Judas to fulfill his act of betrayal then punishing him for doing it.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 23:04
    Originally posted by @eladar

I see nothing evil with God creating Judas to fulfill his act of betrayal then punishing him for doing it.

I do, but I blame Satan and sin.

I don't believe God created him to fulfill this act. Judas had a choice, but he focused on his feelings (sin nature) and Satan easily had his way with him.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 00:06
    [b]I see nothing evil about the Houston hurricane.

I do, but I blame Satan and sin.

I don't believe God created him to fulfill this act. Judas had a choice, but he focused on his feelings (sin nature) and Satan easily had his way with him.[/b]
    You may believe Judas had a choice, but then Jesus would have had to lie.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 00:07
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Talking about Judas? He gave his life too, you know.
    He did not, he killed himself over the guilt of his sin.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 00:21
    Originally posted by @caissad4
    He sacrificed his very soul to ensure the salvation of millions. Surely He sits at the right hand of Jesus in heaven. He is surely a saint !
    What greater love has a man than to lay down his life for another ?
    He was greedy for 30 pieces, and his guilt consumed him. Betrayal of Jesus wasn't a noble act.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 00:34
    Matthew 26

Jesus replied, “The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me. 24 The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.”

If Judas had free will, someone there did not. Or does Jesus make false prophecies?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 00:38
    Now you assume foreknowledge. You do not know how Jesus knows but you assume. OK let's assume you are correct.

Let's say that an adult has foreknowledge that a child will burn down the house if the child is given matches to play with. If it could be proven that the adult gave the matches to the child and sat there and did nothing to stop the child lighting matches, could a court of law find the adult liable for the child burning down the house?
    An all knowing God I'm quite sure has it covered.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 00:461 edit
    Now you assume foreknowledge. You do not know how Jesus knows but you assume. OK let's assume you are correct.

Let's say that an adult has foreknowledge that a child will burn down the house if the child is given matches to play with. If it could be proven that the adult gave the matches to the child and sat there and did nothing to stop the child lighting matches, could a court of law find the adult liable for the child burning down the house?
    Jesus came to do the will of God the Father. He came to walk as one of us to save us, so He laid down His life for us. Knowing the cost didn't stop Him from doing what He knew God wanted.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 00:59
    I don't think Jesus, nor God is responsible for everything that happens. I don't think either of them has the kind of foreknowledge you think they do.
    Do you think Jesus or God is responsible for the Houston Hurricane?
    Foreknowledge? What do you think God's word is?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 01:02

A human with foreknowledge isn't the same as God. If God stopped sin Adam and Eve would have been killed immediately after sin.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 01:13
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    An all knowing God I'm quite sure has it covered.
    Of course he does. That's why he had Judas along. The Gospel of John even claims Jesus aided Satan in entering Judas.

18 “I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill this passage of Scripture: ‘He who shared my bread has turned[a] against me.’[b]

19 “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am. 20 Very truly I tell you, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.”

21 After he had said this, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified, “Very truly I tell you, one of you is going to betray me.”

22 His disciples stared at one another, at a loss to know which of them he meant. 23 One of them, the disciple whom Jesus loved, was reclining next to him. 24 Simon Peter motioned to this disciple and said, “Ask him which one he means.”

25 Leaning back against Jesus, he asked him, “Lord, who is it?”

26 Jesus answered, “It is the one to whom I will give this piece of bread when I have dipped it in the dish.” Then, dipping the piece of bread, he gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. 27 As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 02:15
    Of course he does. That's why he had Judas along. The Gospel of John even claims Jesus aided Satan in entering Judas.

18 “I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill this passage of Scripture: ‘He who shared my bread has turned[a] against me.’[b]

19 “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does h ...[text shortened]... to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. 27 As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him.
    He doesn't stand in the way, scripture says that had they known what God was doing they would not have crucified Christ.

You spend a lot of time trying to make God look bad.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 02:18
    Matthew 26

Jesus replied, “The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me. 24 The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.”

If Judas had free will, someone there did not. Or does Jesus make false prophecies?
    Because God revealed it to him, but this is at least 1 to 3 years after he was chosen. I think Judas started out with good intentions.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 02:22
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Foreknowledge? What do you think God's word is?
    God has a pretty good idea of the future, but not absolute foreknowledge. He has a good idea of our choices before we make them, but not guaranteed. That is why He at times, "tests" people..
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 03:031 edit

I do. Punishing someone for something that they had no control over isn't just. Did you ever have kids, and if you did, did you beat them when they were babies for crying or something else babies do? You seem to say that is justified!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree