1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 06:34
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I do. Punishing someone for something that they had no control over isn't just. Did you ever have kids, and if you did, did you beat them when they were babies for crying or something else babies do? You seem to say that is justified!
    But you believe in predestination, don't you?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 07:45
    He did not, he killed himself over the guilt of his sin.
    The prophecy chosed him to 'betray' Jesus. He has no sin! Without Judas, Jesus would not be caught.Furthermore, he was forgiven by Jesus himself.

And now you betray Judas because he fulfilled the prophecy? There wouldn't be any christianity without Judas!
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 07:51
    Did you ever have kids, and if you did, did you beat them when they were babies for crying or something else babies do?
    If parents were to seriously abuse or endanger the lives of children or babies because of the application of some kind of religious principle or doctrine, do you agree that the government has the right and duty to intervene?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 09:39
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    Because God revealed it to him, but this is at least 1 to 3 years after he was chosen. I think Judas started out with good intentions.
    So what about Satan entering Judas after Judas ate the bread that Jesus gave to him?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 09:39
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If parents were to seriously abuse or endanger the lives of children or babies because of the application of some kind of religious principle or doctrine, do you agree that the government has the right and duty to intervene?
    Interesting question.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 09:52
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So what about Satan entering Judas after Judas ate the bread that Jesus gave to him?
    Your Satan didn't enter Judas! Judas is a hero, permitting the prophecy to be fulfilled!
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 10:32
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    The prophecy chosed him to 'betray' Jesus. He has no sin! Without Judas, Jesus would not be caught.Furthermore, he was forgiven by Jesus himself.

And now you betray Judas because he fulfilled the prophecy? There wouldn't be any christianity without Judas!
    The prophecy choose him to betray? You know that how, it revealed he would, but did it
    force the matter or simply reveal it was going to happen? If Judas had no choice in the
    matter there would be no justice at all for his condemnation, but it simply revealed the
    choice he was making, than it all rests on Judas for the choices Judas made.

Prophecy is either a revealing of our own choices and how God works with us, or its a
    like a book that God writes where we have just parts to play out as someone reads it.

Since I believe God is just, righteous, holy, and true, I reject the notion He is didn't give
    everyone a choice in all of this. Guilt could only remain real, if the choices were his, as
    all of our guilt will remain as the choices we make are ours.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 10:35
    Your Satan didn't enter Judas! Judas is a hero, permitting the prophecy to be fulfilled!
    Please remember I am trying to discuss scripture here. I know your opinion, but I'd like to know his opinion. He seems to be ignoring it.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 10:511 edit
    Please remember I am trying to discuss scripture here. I know your opinion, but I'd like to know his opinion. He seems to be ignoring it.
    I don't ignore you! I am happy that you bring up the subject!

Judas is a hero! He was the one who fulfilled the prophecy! He sacrificed everything and didn't even get a thanks!
    Remember that Jesus forgave him! Why wouldn't we?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 10:54
    I don't ignore you! I am happy that you bring up the subject!

Judas is a hero! He was the one who fulfilled the prophecy! He sacrificed everything and didn't even get a thanks!
    Remember that Jesus forgave him! Why wouldn't we?
    You change the topic.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 10:54
    The prophecy choose him to betray? You know that how, it revealed he would, but did it
    force the matter or simply reveal it was going to happen? If Judas had no choice in the
    matter there would be no justice at all for his condemnation, but it simply revealed the
    choice he was making, than it all rests on Judas for the choices Judas made.

Prophecy is ...[text shortened]... real, if the choices were his, as
    all of our guilt will remain as the choices we make are ours.
    You tell me, you know the scripture, don't you?

If Jesus would not be caught, then he wouldn't be prosecuted, and there would not be a crusifiction, meaning that Jesus wouldn't die on the cross and he would be old and forgotten and die as everyone else. There wouldn't be any christianity.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 10:55
    You change the topic.
    Just admit that I'm right and Judas is a Hero! Then I'll drop the subject.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 11:08
    You tell me, you know the scripture, don't you?

If Jesus would not be caught, then he wouldn't be prosecuted, and there would not be a crusifiction, meaning that Jesus wouldn't die on the cross and he would be old and forgotten and die as everyone else. There wouldn't be any christianity.
    Before the foundation of the world, He was there for us, to save us.

1 Peter 1:19-21English Standard Version (ESV)
    19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. 20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you 21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

We have choices.

Romans 6:16
    Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 11:08
    Just admit that I'm right and Judas is a Hero! Then I'll drop the subject.
    He was a betrayer.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 11:21
    He was a betrayer.
    So you don't realize hes important role in the last days of Jesus Christ's life?
    You don't see his part of creation of the new religion called Christianity?

What do you think would happen if Judas didn't do anything? What would you believe in today?

I think you are full of hate against Judas! Jesus forgave him, you don't!
    What does that tell us about you and all others who hate Judas?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree