1. R.I.P.
    Moves
    06 May '05 22:55
    Originally posted by ChristisKing
    If Jesus is false...there is no hope in this world, but if He is true, then woe to those who believe not. For a little bit more proof: the ressurection was documented by at least 4 different people, if that doesn't make a historic document...what does?
    The problem with any historical records, is there accuracy is not always guarenteed. Ferdinand Magellan (1480-1521) is credited with the discovery of the strait between the atlantic & pacific that bears his name to this day. However there is a body of evidence which suggests that this strait was already known about & had been mapped by the chinese sometime around 1421-1424
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 May '05 08:39
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    You really do not want to be going down that road ...

The three Synoptic Gospels appear to have used a common source (an earlier version of Mark, maybe?) for the events in Jesus's life (although the last chapter in Mark might have a different origin). John seems to use a different tradition altogether. In any case, it is unlikely that the authors ...[text shortened]... historical accuracy as a front page article of the NY Times.

Then again, maybe they are. 😉
    Just for interests sake many people supposee that other than the Gospels, no ancient writer mentions Jesus Christ. They are quite wrong. Among the secular historians and writers of antiquity who refer to Christ and Christianity are: Tacitus, the Roman historian; Suetonius; Pliny the younger; Epictetus; Lucian; Aristides; Galenus; Lampridius; DioCassius; Hinnerius; Libanius; Ammianus; Marcellinus; Eunapius; Zosimus. Others have written whole books against Christianity, including Lucian, Celsus, Porhyry, Hierocles, and Julian the Apostate. Numerous others, including Jewish writers, have written about Jesus Christ.

So abundant is the testimony to Christ that Dr. Philip Schaff says: "Standing on this rock, I feel safe against all the attacks of infidelity. The person of Christ is to me the greatest and surest of all facts; as certain as my own personal existance."
    Scaff, The Person of Christ (Boston: The American Tract Society, 1865).
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 May '05 23:14
    What Is Truth?
    People have all kinds of ideas about truth. Whatever your view is, you would be wise to consider what Jesus Christ taught about truth. He taught not only that there is truth, but also that He is the Truth.

A Message by Billy Graham

Pontius Pilate asked that question of Jesus when He was brought before Pilate for judgment. And many people still ask that question today.

What do you think about truth? Some people think there is no absolute truth. "Truth" for them is simply what they think. But what is truth for one person might not be truth for anyone else, they think. Everything is relative.

Yet how disillusioned with life many become because they don't recognize the existence of truth. In the absence of solid, basic truth, we are adrift on a churning sea of ideas with no compass to tell us which way to go.

Jesus taught that there is truth. Not only that, He made the bold claim, "I am the way and the truth and the life" (John 14:6, NIV). Jesus also taught about lies. He said that Satan is a liar and the father of lies.

Satan's lies started in the Garden of Eden. When God created man and woman, He placed them in a beautiful and perfect environment. God said, "All this is for you. You can eat of every tree in the garden except one. If you eat of that tree, you will die" (Cf. Genesis 2:16-17).

Then Satan came along in the form of a serpent and said, "That is not true. You will not die. God didn't really say that" (Cf. Genesis 3:1-5). Satan phrased it in such a way as to question, "Did God really say that?"

In our generation, people question whether the Bible is really the Word of God. They put doubt in people's minds, asking, "Did God really say that?" I want to affirm that from beginning to end, the Bible is God's Word, inspired by the Holy Spirit. When I turn to the Bible, I know I am reading truth. And I turn to it every day.

"Did God really say that?" The devil wanted Adam and Eve to doubt God's Word. The devil said, "God doesn't love you. God is trying to keep something good from you." Then the devil said, "Don't believe God! You are not going to die. God says you will die if you eat of it, but you won't really die" (Cf. Genesis 3:4).

Adam and Eve had to make a choice between God's truth and the devil's lie. They chose the devil's lie. And today our sinful nature also sides with the lie instead of with the truth.

Jesus said, "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed" (John 3:19-20, NIV).

From the moment we are born, we have a tendency to sin. Our moral universe is out of focus, and we won't get it back into focus until we come to Christ. We accept lies as truth and truth as lies. We don't know what is right and what is wrong.

It is as if we are driving down the highway of life with our eyes shut. We act as though we have no soul, as though we are not accountable to anyone. We will pay for this; in fact, we are paying for it.

We are a violent society. We are a wicked society. We are a society that will be under the judgment of God unless we repent of our sins and turn to Him.

Christ is the Truth. The devil is the lie. We see the conflict between the world of Jesus Christ and the devil's world, and we have to make a choice: In which world will we live? To whom will we give allegiance?

You see, we don't have to be taught to sin; we inherit the disease of sin. The question is, what will we do about it? We find deception and delusion on every hand. Everywhere we look, we find people who are unethical, people who are sinful.

What is the answer to this human dilemma? Can we get out of the pit? Yes. Jesus said, "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:32, NIV). We can be free. Jesus said, "I am the ... truth." He is the Truth, the embodiment of all truth.

If you don't have Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, you will likely follow some other messiah, because all kinds of messiahs and false christs are crying out, "Here is truth! I've got it." The Bible says many antichrists will come, but there is only one true Christ: "For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him" (Colossians 1:19, NIV). And Jesus said, "If you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins" (John 8:24, NIV). Jesus Christ is ultimate Truth in every realm.

Jesus told the truth about sin. He said, "From within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery" (Mark 7:21, NIV). Sin comes from the heart.

Jesus told the truth about love. He said, "God so loved the world" (John 3:16, NIV). And He said that those who follow Him must love each other.

Jesus told the truth about judgment. He warned people to flee the wrath to come. If you believe a warning and act on it, it can save your life.

A few years ago a tornado struck Colorado. The tornado-warning siren sounded, and the tornado struck 10 minutes later, but no one was killed. Why? Because, in large part, the people believed the warning.

Now I am warning you from the Bible, from the Word of God, that judgment is coming to you personally, to your family, to our country and to the world. God has always warned about judgment, yet many do not believe the warning. Scripture teaches us that there will be a "day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ" (Romans 2:16, NIV).

On Judgment Day you will see your sins revealed to the whole world, and you will have to face them personally. We see tapes played in courtrooms to prove that people are guilty of things they deny. God also has a recording. He is not only recording all your acts; He is recording your thoughts, your intents. Jesus said, "Men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken" (Matthew 12:36, NIV).

On the outside you are smiling, and everyone says you are a wonderful person. On the inside it is a totally different story. You need to repent of your sins and to receive Jesus Christ as your Savior. Let Him change your heart. Let Him change your life. Let the Truth come in.

Jesus told the truth about repentance. He said, "Unless you repent, you too will all perish" (Luke 13:3, NIV). In other words, we will suffer judgment unless we repent. The word "repentance" means change—to change our minds, to change our way of living. But we can't do that on our own. Only God can help us to do it. He gives us new strength and new power to live lives that we did not think we could live. You may say, "I can't give up this thing that I know is wrong; I can't do that." But with Christ in your heart you can.

Jesus told the truth about salvation. We cannot be born a Christian. Jesus said that we have to be born again, born from above. And He said, "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3, KJV).

Have you been converted? To be converted means to be changed, to let Christ come into your heart and satisfy that longing you have. You have an empty place in your life, and you don't know what is causing it. You have troubles in your family. You have troubles in your community. You have troubles at work. And you don't know how to get out of these troubles. You are caught in some sort of trap. Maybe it is a drug habit you can't throw off, or maybe it is some other habit. Would you like to be free? You need Christ, and He can help you.

Jesus said, "You will know the truth"—He is the Truth—"and the truth will set you free" (John 8:32, NIV). Jesus Christ can come into your heart and forgive your sins, cleanse you and change you. Christ stands ready to give hope to everyone. Christ's truth can make you free.

There is power in sin: "Everyone who sins is a slave to sin" (John 8:34, NIV). You are obedient to what the devil wants you to do. You need to change and get a new master, and that new Master must be Christ. He can take away the sin that has dominion over you now and free you so that you are no longer a slave to sin.

Jesus Christ will free you from the presence of sin. When you live according to the lie, you are not free. When you are slaves to your passions and your lust and your ego, you are not free. But you can be free. Anyone the Son has set free is free indeed!

Regardless of what people say they believe about truth, the fact is that every day we live our lives on the basis of things we believe are true. We step into airplanes that we believe will fly. We press buttons and flip switches that we believe will bring desired results.

Yet in Jesus Christ we have the most profound truth. He is the only One who can bring peace and joy and the total satisfaction you have been searching for but haven't found. You haven't found it in sex. You haven't found it in accumulating money. You haven't found it in having power. But you can find it in Jesus. He is the Truth. "And the truth will set you free" (John 8:32, NIV).

Do you have doubts in your heart about your relationship to Christ? Are you unsure that you are ready to go to heaven? Are you unsure that your sins are forgiven? Do you want to settle it? Jesus Christ wants to enter your life. He wants to save you. He wants you to know the truth that will make you free. Turn to Him today.

Be Free
    Are you ready to embrace the truth and let Jesus set you free? No matter what you've done, He is willing to forgive your sins and make your life new. You can begin a relationship with Christ right now.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:13
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What Is Truth?
    People have all kinds of ideas about truth. Whatever your view is, you would be wise to consider what Jesus Christ taught about truth. He taught not only that there is truth, but also that He is the Truth.

A Message by Billy Graham

Pontius Pilate asked that question of Jesus when He was brought before Pilate for judgment. And many ...[text shortened]... orgive your sins and make your life new. You can begin a relationship with Christ right now.
    Billy Graham aint Christ either

Mathew 25 is a message from Christ Himself. You can keep your interpreters of Christ words ,, if you need Billy Graham or Paul or anybody else to tell you what Christ's message is, you haven't heard it!
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:15
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Just for interests sake many people supposee that other than the Gospels, no ancient writer mentions Jesus Christ. They are quite wrong. Among the secular historians and writers of antiquity who refer to Christ and Christianity are: Tacitus, the Roman historian; Suetonius; Pliny the younger; Epictetus; Lucian; Aristides; Galenus; Lampridius; DioCassius; Hi ...[text shortened]... existance."
    Scaff, The Person of Christ (Boston: The American Tract Society, 1865).
    Just for the sake of historical accuracy give the dates they wrote about Christ.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:16
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Billy Graham aint Christ either

Mathew 25 is a message from Christ Himself. You can keep your interpreters of Christ words ,, if you need Billy Graham or Paul or anybody else to tell you what Christ's message is, you haven't heard it!
    No but it is from Matthew right isn't it?

and I now that B. G. is not Jesus. Jesus is Jesus himself Billy G. and myself and all Born Again Christians around the world have been bless by God's Holy Spirit and have been shown the truth.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:18
    All 66 Books of the Bible are all truth from God.
    And I have what is in the ark of the covenent which is the 10 commandments, which are found in Ex. and Levi.
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:271 edit
    No but it is from Matthew right isn't it?

and I now that B. G. is not Jesus. Jesus is Jesus himself Billy G. and myself and all Born Again Christians around the world have been bless by God's Holy Spirit and have been shown the truth.
    Mathew 25 is a direct quote of Christ words : none of Pauls writing is. Are you totally rejecting Christs words, now?

Man you really are on the wrong track.
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:301 edit
    All 66 Books of the Bible are all truth from God.
    And I have what is in the ark of the covenent which is the 10 commandments, which are found in Ex. and Levi.
    you just rejected Christs words in Mathew 25 and now you say this?
    Make up you mind are you a Christian or a Pauline!
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:30
    Mathew 25 is a direct quote of Christ words none of Pauls writing is. Are totally rejecting Christs words, now?

Man you really are on the wrong track.
    Hay girlly mon as Arnold would say, You said it yourself that John 14:6 was of John not Jesus, but that is Jesus's words.

And thoughs words are more important then Mt. 25. That is of the Judgement and John 14:6 will help you get out of it. Jesus in John 14:6 tells us how to get to heaven. There is only one way to heaven not 2, 3 ,4, 5 or 20 or 1 million ways, there is only 1 way!
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:33
    you just rejected Christs words in Mathew 25 and now you say this?
    Make up you mind are you a Christian or a Pauline!
    I know one thing that is fact that I am a Christian and you are not, and if you want to become one, you need to accept Christ personnally and turn from you wicked ways.

And if you where a Christian yourself you would not have that wannabe satan picture there. Satan is an angel of light, I doubt he even looks like that.
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:36
    Hay girlly mon as Arnold would say, You said it yourself that John 14:6 was of John not Jesus, but that is Jesus's words.

And thoughs words are more important then Mt. 25. That is of the Judgement and John 14:6 will help you get out of it. Jesus in John 14:6 tells us how to get to heaven. There is only one way to heaven not 2, 3 ,4, 5 or 20 or 1 million ways, there is only 1 way!
    That John didnt know Christ .

back to name calling ? I expected as much from a phoney christian like you.
    Go right on rejecting Christs. You have been warned!
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:39

Yes there is only one way according to Jesus and you don't follow it:

33 and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in;

36 naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink?

38 And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me.

Matthew 25: 33-40. Jesus' words, not mine, not your's, not Paul's but Jesus'. It you refuse to believe them, then you are not a Christian. If you refuse to do the acts of love and mercy to your fellow man, all you're Pharisee-like "I'm a Christian" tripe won't get you into Heaven. That's his message; think about it without reading crib notes from fundamentalist web sites.
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    13 May '05 00:53
    I know one thing that is fact that I am a Christian and you are not, and if you want to become one, you need to accept Christ personnally and turn from you wicked ways.

And if you where a Christian yourself you would not have that wannabe satan picture there. Satan is an angel of light, I doubt he even looks like that.
    Here's the fact ,,You're a phoney christian. a Pauline that rejects Christ , thats what you are.

and leave my avatar outta this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree