Jesus equals The Truth

Jesus equals The Truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
03 May 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
Come on RBH we are all waiting for you to answer!

yes or no

or perhaps you would want us to draw too our own conclusions ?

lets see, you believe that telling the truth is the right thing to do, you believe that a white lie is the worst sort of lie. Hmmmmmmm

Come on admit it, you would hand them over to the gestapo wouldn't you ?
I wouldn't have someone hide in my house from the police.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
03 May 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Why bagger him? Someone might think you are a lawyer! 😲
because I want him to admit that not all lying is bad

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
03 May 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
I wouldn't have someone hide in my house from the police.
This is not good enough RBH, answer the question properly.
Admit that you are wrong.
Admit that that there are some circumstances where lying is a good thing.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
03 May 05

RHB only said he would not lie to hide someone from the police. It is clear that he is assuming that someone hiding from the police is not necessarily innocent, and the police are there to arrest them, no murder them.

And since it does not matter what the circumstances, lying is still wrong. You are confusing good and bad with better and worse. They are not the same thing. It is better to lie than to murder. It is does not make sense to say it is good to lie than murder.

R

California

Moves
03 May 05

http://www.bible.com/answers/alying.html

Ex. 20:16 and Matthew 12:36

Exodus 20:16"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

Matthew 12:36 I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter;

And lying you could think of you are you that I need to tell you the truth, it could bring pride in your heart if you tell little white lies all the time, then you will start to tell bigger lies.

Let me ask you this if your wife ask you if you were cheating on her would you lie to her and say you weren't even if you were and she now you were because she went to the Cheaters show on UPN?

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
04 May 05

http://www.bible.com/answers/alying.html

Ex. 20:16 and Matthew 12:36

Exodus 20:16"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

Matthew 12:36 I tell you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter;

And lying you could think of you are you that I need to tell you the truth, it could bring pride in ...[text shortened]... you weren't even if you were and she now you were because she went to the Cheaters show on UPN?
That's correct. The Bible is the final word on what is good and what is bad. The Bible doesn't say lying becomes good in some situations. The fact is lying is bad, and the Bible is the standard of good and bad. We may have to do something wrong once in a while to protect others, like lying to the Gestapo, or hurting someone who tries to hurt our family.

White lies almost alway worse than than outright lies because we do it only to make people like us. They are selfish lies we give only for our own benefit. Not to help others, or protect anyone from danger. It is almost always a case were we are twisting the truth to give ourselves and excuse for doing something we don't want to do.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
04 May 05
1 edit

RHB only said he would not lie to hide someone from the police. It is clear that he is assuming that someone hiding from the police is not necessarily innocent, and the police are there to arrest them, no murder them.

And since it doe ...[text shortened]... . It is does not make sense to say it is good to lie than murder.
Firstly I think you are wrong about your impression of RHB assumptions. The implications in the situation, that the jews are innocent, and that the gestapo will kill the jews if they are handed over is obvious to just about everybody and their dog.

My own view is on RHB is that he is in a theological conundrum, he firmly believes that "thou shall not lie" and that all lying is wrong, and a sin. When confronted with this situation he is perplexed as what to do. To him in this situation, to lie is wrong, but also to tell the truth is also wrong.

We all know that the correct thing to do is to lie, and save the family. Such a lie in this case cannot be deemed as being wrong, as it is obviously the right thing to do. Therefore a blanket statement that all lying is bad is incorrect. We can all agree that generally lying is a bad thing, but there are certain instances/situations where that is not always so.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
04 May 05

Firstly I think you are wrong about your impression of RHB assumptions. The implications in the situation, that the jews are innocent, and that the gestapo will kill the jews if they are handed over is obvious to just about everybody and their dog.

My own view is on RHB is that he is in a theological conundrum, he firmly believes that "thou shall not ...[text shortened]... ying is a bad thing, but there are certain instances/situations where that is not always so.

I've already made it clear that one can say that all lying is wrong. It's a simple truth that you can not deny without redefining wrong and right according to your belief in situation ethics. While I and RHB can still protect people without redefining right and wrong for each situation - your idea of right and wrong is liquid. That make justifying anything you want too easy. I don't have that problem. The conundrum is yours - you can make any action right by your own definition.

R

California

Moves
04 May 05
1 edit

Firstly I think you are wrong about your impression of RHB assumptions. The implications in the situation, that the jews are innocent, and that the gestapo will kill the jews if they are handed over is obvious to just about everybody and ...[text shortened]... are certain instances/situations where that is not always so.

Telling the Truth is never wrong nor is it a sin. Truth is Love and there is no sin in love for obaying God.

R

California

Moves
04 May 05

I've already made it clear that one can say that all lying is wrong. It's a simple truth that you can not deny without redefining wrong and right according to your belief in situation ethics. While I and RHB can still protect people without redefining right and wrong for each situation - your idea of right and wrong is liquid. That make justifying anyth ...[text shortened]... problem. The conundrum is yours - you can make any action right by your own definition.
Yes you are right in saying that he makes lying of his own rules, not by what the Word of God says.

R

California

Moves
04 May 05

Firstly I think you are wrong about your impression of RHB assumptions.
I think he thinks that I am this guy LOL.
http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=47407

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
04 May 05
1 edit

Absurd and irrelevant.
LOL, if anything is absurd, it's making a rash general statement such as, "lying is always wrong/sinful".

R

California

Moves
04 May 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
LOL, if anything is absurd, it's making a rash general statement such as, "lying is always wrong/sinful".
Lying is always wrong, in the end it will alwys heurt people.
When the truth will set you free.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
04 May 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
There's nothing rash about it, lying is always bad.

o

Moves
04 May 05

Lying is always wrong, in the end it will alwys heurt people.
When the truth will set you free.
You'll never win this argument cause every one has there own thoughts on the subject and i think that you should stop telling people how they should think.