1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '16 23:532 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I read it and it doesn't change the facts of what I posted. The park is not school property just because the school claims it is.
    Is that your considered legal opinion?

Evidently the Madison Capital Times has a different opinion:
    The park is located right next to Middleton High School. It’s owned by the city and is considered a public space, but the school has a 16-year agreement with the city to lease the space so school rules apply there during the school day.

From what I gather the superintendent and the legal counsel for the school district also have the opinion above.

Evidently you have no doubt that you know better. Would I be wrong in assuming that you have this opinion even though you haven't read the terms of the lease or the policies of the school district?

Do you believe that the rabbi lied to the newspaper? Do you believe it matters if it's true?
    Rabbi Bonnie Margulis, a religious leader in the community whose son attends Middleton, said she attended the lunch to support the separation of church and state. She said the lunches have made non-Christian students feel uncomfortable and, on numerous instances, her son asked her to pick him up from school early because he and other students have been taunted and harassed.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 00:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think you are missing a couple points Jesus made.

- The message of the gospel is not to be forced upon anyone., least of all children
    - Being a Good Samaritan means helping the needy, not helping the needy provided they listen to the gospel.
    Being a Good Samaritan means helping the needy, not helping the needy provided they listen to the gospel.

Will you stop making sense? You know it annoys them.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 01:011 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Being a Good Samaritan means helping the needy, not helping the needy provided they listen to the gospel.

Will you stop making sense? You know it annoys them.[/b]
    Here is a little poem from Mother Theresa that I think rings true to the teachings of Christ. Churches and many Christians focus on preaching their own brand of Christianity andin doing so they miss the mark :

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 01:151 edit
    I think you are missing a couple points Jesus made.

- The message of the gospel is not to be forced upon anyone., least of all children
    - Being a Good Samaritan means helping the needy, not helping the needy provided they listen to the gospel.
    Raj, two questions if you will.

1) what does sharing, preaching, conveying, {fill in the blank} the gospel look like to you. By this I mean, what do you do or feel is the thing to do. What does fulfilling the great commission, something that Jesus taught look like to you.

2) Are you a mason, I mean do you belong to a Masonic order or are a member of a lodge... Are you a Freemason?

Thanks, am interested in your reply.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 01:391 edit
    deleted
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 01:55
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The article ThinkOfOne cited says the school has a lease on the park, this is good enough. The school policy applies.
    Just because they have a use agreement with the city, this does not mean they can enforce school rules on this public piece of land.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 02:12
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Raj, two questions if you will.

1) what does sharing, preaching, conveying, {fill in the blank} the gospel look like to you. By this I mean, what do you do or feel is the thing to do. What does fulfilling the great commission, something that Jesus taught look like to you.

2) Are you a mason, I mean do you belong to a Masonic order or are a member of a lodge... Are you a Freemason?

Thanks, am interested in your reply.
    I will answer your first question with another question. When the JWs come to my door and I tell them that Im a Christian and I believe in Christ etc etc, yet they continue trying to preach the gospel to me, what exactly are they trying to do? Are they following Christ commandment to preach the gospel?

I am retired accountant. I am not a mason.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 03:25
    I will answer your first question with another question. When the JWs come to my door and I tell them that Im a Christian and I believe in Christ etc etc, yet they continue trying to preach the gospel to me, what exactly are they trying to do? Are they following Christ commandment to preach the gospel?

I am retired accountant. I am not a mason.
    You haven't really answered question #1.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 07:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just because they have a use agreement with the city, this does not mean they can enforce school rules on this public piece of land.
    The word used is "lease", it's not just a use agreement, this means that the park is temporarily part of the School.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 11:48
    You haven't really answered question #1.
    I have answered it but you cannot see my point. Clearly you are blinded by what Christians call preaching the gospel.

What is the point of Christians preaching the gospel to other Christians?
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 12:01
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The word used is "lease", it's not just a use agreement, this means that the park is temporarily part of the School.
    The 'Jesus Lunch' folks apparently have a permit from the city of Middleton, so a secondary question would be... who has priority over the use of the park, the school or permit holder? A permit is not an endorsement of any 'religion' (for you church and state folks), and this is in no ways a state event, its for use of the park/specific shelter by a group of moms feeding kids and sharing the gospel. The Jesus Lunch people have just as much right as say... the Middleton 50 and over bowling league, or Robert Valenti's Eagle Scout ceremony or the annual 4H picnic to use the facilities providing they are within the rules as put forth by the community, all indications are... they are!

Would the school protest to the degree, if at all, had the park use been something other than the Jesus Lunch, say the above examples? I wonder. Has the park been used by other organizations in the past during school hours (where the school alleges hey have priority), I wonder.

I think the school ought to focus on education rather worry about an event in the park.

We are a democratic nation (supposedly) where the tail does not wag the dog, a few dissenters there will always be, for anything for anything. They do not get to have a louder voice than a majority, something that seems to be happening a little too much these days. With this lunch, the dissenters are clearly in the minority... maybe they just need a hug.

http://www.wkow.com/story/31757377/2016/04/18/protesters-expected-at-jesus-lunch
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 12:011 edit
    I have answered it but you cannot see my point. Clearly you are blinded by what Christians call preaching the gospel.

Indeed rather than being fishers of men we become keepers of the aquarium.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 12:10

Me trying to surmise an answer to a question I posed in the form a question is no answer at all. The question is...

1) What does sharing, preaching, conveying, {fill in the blank} the gospel look like to you. By this I mean, what do you do or feel is the thing to do. What does fulfilling the great commission, something that Jesus taught look like to you.

I would add for clarification purposes... the above question >>> to the lost? Not to other Christians.

You have stated to me in the past that you don't like to answer personal questions and don't. If this is too personal of a question for you, please say so... I won't keep asking and will respect your wishes. But I won't assume I know what you mean in response to a question I posed if that response is a question. It is unlikely what I think would be what you meant.

If I am blinded, help a fellow brother out and answer the question.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 12:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Indeed rather than being fishers of men we become keepers of the aquarium.
    That's funny Robbie considering he is talking about your organization.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 12:26
    That's funny Robbie considering he is talking about your organization.
    hehe dont worry i can take it 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree