1. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 12:30
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Me trying to surmise an answer to a question I posed in the form a question is no answer at all. The question is...

1) What does sharing, preaching, conveying, {fill in the blank} the gospel look like to you. By this I mean, what do you do or feel is the thing to do. What does fulfilling the great commission, something that Jesus taught look like to yo ...[text shortened]... would be what you meant.

If I am blinded, help a fellow brother out and answer the question.
    Who are the lost? What is your definition of 'lost'? Are there people in your area that dont know the name Jesus Christ or what Christianity is about.

Where Im from in the Caribbean everyone, including Hindus and Muslims and Atheists know of Christ.

How are these people lost?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 12:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Who are the lost? What is your definition of 'lost'? Are there people in your area that dont know the name Jesus Christ or what Christianity is about.

Where Im from in the Caribbean everyone, including Hindus and Muslims and Atheists know of Christ.

How are these people lost?
    ok, nevermind.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 13:13
    ok, nevermind.
    Never mind him, he does not believe anyone is saved. He's in some kind of works religion.
    I think it's if you do enough good works you might have a chance, or some thing like that.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 13:25
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Never mind him, he does not believe anyone is saved. He's in some kind of works religion.
    I think it's if you do enough good works you might have a chance, or some thing like that.
    I guess so, I didn't think my question was all that too hard or too personal.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 13:55
    I guess so, I didn't think my question was all that too hard or too personal.
    I answered your question. If you are a bit slow then you need to tell me what part of my answer did not make sense.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 14:041 edit
    God knows who is saved and who is not. You certainly dont know that.

I am in no religion. I am a follower of Jesus and his doctrine like many millions of people out there whom God has blessed with eyes to see how corrupt Christianity has become, and who are strong enough to pull away from it. So Im on very solid ground. My house is built on a rock. Yours on sand. You constantly deny that following the teachings of Christ is essential to eternal life.

Instead you are a Bible cherry picker. You select a few verses that support your false doctrine and parade that as truth. Such as this one that you like to quote ..., but you conveniently leave out the next verse:

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
    (Galatians 2:16-17 KJV)

For you and your ilk .. a man gets eternal life by faith in Christ alone and not by works of the law. But that is not the whole passage. Paul continues :

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin ..?

So your doctrine which you constantly parade around here, that you can profess your faith and get eternal life no matter what sins you commit therafter is wrong... you are making Jesus Christ a minister of sin. You cannot continue with a sinful lifestyle and still claim to have faith or still expect eternal life from Jesus when he returns

You are sadly mistaken.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 15:45
    God knows who is saved and who is not. You certainly dont know that.

I am in no religion. I am a follower of Jesus and his doctrine like many millions of people out there whom God has blessed with eyes to see how corrupt Christianity has become, and who are strong enough to pull away from it. So Im on very solid ground. My house is built on a rock. Yours ...[text shortened]... to have faith or still expect eternal life from Jesus when he returns

You are sadly mistaken.
    If people in the old testament are judged by their works( which they are not) and new testament people are judged by their works (which they are not), then what's the difference?
    Why did Christ have to die? It changed nothing. You make absolutely no sense.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 16:49
    If people in the old testament are judged by their works( which they are not) and new testament people are judged by their works (which they are not), then what's the difference?
    Why did Christ have to die? It changed nothing. You make absolutely no sense.
    You dont understand the purpose of the death and resurrection of Jesus. We have had this disucssion before and you clearly are unable to move away from your dogmatic church doctrine, even though it conflicts with the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

According to Paul if you profess your faith and then continue with sin, you are making Christ a minister of sin. This is repeated by ALL of the Apostles and several times as well .. how you miss this is beyond my understandng.

We have had many years discussing this topic and I have no other option but to leave you to wallow in the mire of your false teachings.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 18:45
    You dont understand the purpose of the death and resurrection of Jesus. We have had this disucssion before and you clearly are unable to move away from your dogmatic church doctrine, even though it conflicts with the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

According to Paul if you profess your faith and then continue with sin, you are making Christ a minist ...[text shortened]... topic and I have no other option but to leave you to wallow in the mire of your false teachings.
    And as usual you avoid the questions, and spew your religiosity.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 18:57

According to Paul if you profess your faith and then continue with sin, you are making Christ a minist ...[text shortened]... topic and I have no other option but to leave you to wallow in the mire of your false teachings.
    According to Paul if you profess your faith and then continue with sin, you are making Christ a minister of sin. This is repeated by ALL of the Apostles and several times as well .. how you miss this is beyond my understandng.

Does this mean you have not sinned since professing your faith?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 20:23

Does this mean you have not sinned since professing your faith?
    Whether I sinned or not has nothing to do with what Paul said. Does it?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 20:23
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 20:311 edit
    Whether I sinned or not has nothing to do with what Paul said. Does it?
    You are making a pretty heavy chastisement against checkbaiter, if you have sinned I would think that would mean you were in the same boat as he, or at least what Paul is speaking about. No?

Your statement According to Paul if you profess your faith and then continue with sin, you are making Christ a minister of sin.

Is it one sin, two, three or four, more maybe before you are continuing in sin. Do you see what I am getting at?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 21:06
    You are making a pretty heavy chastisement against checkbaiter, if you have sinned I would think that would mean you were in the same boat as he, or at least what Paul is speaking about. No?

Your statement [b]According to Paul if you profess your faith and then continue with sin, you are making Christ a minister of sin.

Is it one sin, two, three or four, more maybe before you are continuing in sin. Do you see what I am getting at?[/b]
    You continue to miss the point.

Checkbaiters doctrine is that:
    - he already has eternal life
    - he cannot lose it
    - he does not have to account for his sin .

Im pointing out to him that Paul says otherwise.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    20 Apr '16 21:33
    You continue to miss the point.

Checkbaiters doctrine is that:
    - he already has eternal life
    - he cannot lose it
    - he does not have to account for his sin .

Im pointing out to him that Paul says otherwise.
    Have you sinned since your profession of faith?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree