1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 02:00
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Is there some reason why you did not bother explaining exactly what Romans 3 is saying?
    Because it's obvious?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 11:07
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Because it's obvious?
    Here we have another bigmouth who cannot contribute to understanding the passage. Why dont you and romans1009 go get a room somewhere and carry on with your flirting instead of polluting this forum with your disgusting behavior and your false doctrines.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 11:38
    Here we have another bigmouth who cannot contribute to understanding the passage. Why dont you and romans1009 go get a room somewhere and carry on with your flirting instead of polluting this forum with your disgusting behavior and your false doctrines.
    Your self righteous attitude is blinding you to your own depravity. Hence your apparent need to continually hurl invectives.

You don't know grace. You only know the self righteousness that the law produces.

Luke 18:10 & Matthew 23:26
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 11:582 edits
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Your self righteous attitude is blinding you to your own depravity. Hence your apparent need to continually hurl invectives.

You don't know grace. You only know the self righteousness that the law produces.

Luke 18:10 & Matthew 23:26
    Self righteous definition courtesy Google:

the quality or state of being self-righteous.
    "a strong sense of self-righteousness"
    synonyms: sanctimoniousness, sanctimony, self-satisfaction,
    smugness, superiority, priggishness, complacency, piety, unctuousness, hypocrisy ..

Christians here who proclaim that their faith in Jesus Christ display the most self righteousness:
    - they are eternally saved while the rest of the world is doomed to eternal torment
    - they can sin all they want and will still be forgiven
    - they dont need to do any good works
    - their eternal life is guaraanteed

Lesser Christians like Paul, and the Apostles and like myself ..

.. I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means,
    when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
    (1 Corinthians 9:27 KJV)

And you still cannot properly answer the question posed by GoaD.
    Neither can any other Chrsitian of your type. Why?
    Because that is the one passage which makes a joke of your doctrine
    that ONLY YOU CAN ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Neither you people know what grace means.
    You think its a licence to continue in sin.

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace?
    God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey,
    his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death,
    or of obedience unto righteousness? (Romans 6:15-16 KJV))

Christians who continue to sin are servants of sin and they will die.

Christ will judge all people.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 12:10
    Self righteous definition courtesy Google:

the quality or state of being self-righteous.
    smugness, superiority, priggishness, complacency, piety, unctuousness, hypocrisy ..

Christians here who proclaim that their faith in Jesus Christ display ...[text shortened]... he one passage which makes a joke of your doctrine
    that ONLY YOU CAN ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
    smugness, superiority, priggishness, complacency, piety, unctuousness, hypocrisy .."

An apt description of you forum behavior.

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith;..
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 12:18
    [b]"a strong sense of self-righteousness"
    smugness, superiority, priggishness, complacency, piety, unctuousness, hypocrisy .."

An apt description of you forum behavior.

2 Corinthians 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith;..[/b]
    Am I the one that proclaim I am saved
    and that others are doomed to eternal torment?
    Thats you people.

I await the judgment of Christ .. like Paul said.

Examine your own faith because it is a dead faith

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    (James 2:20 KJV)
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 12:23
    Am I the one that proclaim I am saved
    and that others are doomed to eternal torment?
    Thats you people.

I await the judgment of Christ .. like Paul said.

Examine your own faith because it is a dead faith

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    (James 2:20 KJV)
    "Am I the one that proclaim I am saved "

You don't know you're saved?

You don't know the gospel.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 12:42
    [b]"Am I the one that proclaim I am saved "

You don't know you're saved?

You don't know the gospel.[/b]
    I await the righteous judgment of Jesus Christ, like Paul said.
    I live in the hope of eternal life which Jesus will give to all those who follow him.
    Specifically his sheep.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 13:081 edit
    I await the righteous judgment of Jesus Christ, like Paul said.
    I live in the hope of eternal life which Jesus will give to all those who follow him.
    Specifically his sheep.
    How many judgements do you think God has ?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 13:19
    Originally posted by @sonship
    How many judgements do you think God has ?
    Go and become a sheep of Christ.
    Right now you are a goat who tells people not to do good works.
    Therefore an enemy of Christ.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 14:591 edit
    Christ will judge all people.
    He has the authority to do so.

You do not, yet you simply can't help yourself.

You claim you follow Christ and yet you cannot bring yourself to follow his most basic commandments.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 16:14
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    He has the authority to do so.

You do not, yet you simply can't help yourself.

You claim you follow Christ and yet you cannot bring yourself to follow his most basic commandments.
    Go and become a sheep of Christ.
    Right now you are a goat who tells people not to do good works.
    Therefore an enemy of Christ.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 18:15
    Does the bible teach "once saved always saved?"
    No, it does not teach the doctrine of ‘once saved, always saved.’ A person who has gained salvation by faith in Jesus Christ can lose that faith and the salvation that comes with it. The Bible says that maintaining faith requires great effort, a “hard fight.” (Jude 3, 5) Early Christians who had already accepted Christ were told: “Keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”—Philippians 2:12.

Bible verses that disprove the teaching of ‘once saved, always saved’
    The Bible warns against serious sins that will keep a person from entering God’s Kingdom. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Galatians 5:19-21) If salvation could not be lost, such warnings would be meaningless. Instead, the Bible shows that someone who has been saved can fall away by returning to a practice of serious sin. For example, Hebrews 10:26 states: “If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left.”—Hebrews 6:4-6; 2 Peter 2:20-22.
    Jesus emphasized the importance of maintaining faith by giving an illustration in which he likened himself to a vine and his followers to branches on that vine. Some of them would at one time demonstrate faith in him by their fruits, or actions, yet would later fail to do so and be “thrown out like a [fruitless] branch,” losing their salvation. (John 15:1-6) The apostle Paul used a similar illustration, saying that Christians who do not maintain their faith “will be lopped off.”—Romans 11:17-22.
    Christians are commanded to “keep on the watch.” (Matthew 24:42; 25:13) Those who fall asleep spiritually, whether by practicing “works belonging to darkness” or by not fully performing the works that Jesus commanded, lose their salvation.—Romans 13:11-13; Revelation 3:1-3.
    Many scriptures show that those who have been saved must still endure faithfully to the end. (Matthew 24:13; Hebrews 10:36; 12:2, 3; Revelation 2:10) First-century Christians expressed joy when they learned that fellow believers were enduring in their faith. (1 Thessalonians 1:2, 3; 3 John 3, 4) Does it seem reasonable that the Bible would stress faithful endurance if those who did not endure would be saved anyway?
    Only when his death was imminent did the apostle Paul feel that his salvation was assured. (2 Timothy 4:6-8) Earlier in his life, he recognized that he could still miss out on salvation if he gave in to fleshly desires. He wrote: “I pummel my body and lead it as a slave, so that after I have preached to others, I myself should not become disapproved somehow.”—1 Corinthians 9:27; Philippians 3:12-14. WTS.....

So according to the bible, salvation is conditional. It is not a given "now" because all humans still sin. Also according to the bible only Jesus has been given immortality because of his faithfulness until death. He was not immortal until he was resurrected to heaven. He was faithful until death. That is a clue for humans who think they are saved now. You are not.....
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 18:19
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    No, it does not teach the doctrine of ‘once saved, always saved.’ A person who has gained salvation by faith in Jesus Christ can lose that faith and the salvation that comes with it. The Bible says that maintaining faith requires great effort, a “hard fight.” (Jude 3, 5) Early Christians who had already ...[text shortened]... s faithful until death. That is a clue for humans who think they are saved now. You are not.....
    Here you go...

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/once-saved-always-saved/
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 18:201 edit
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    No, it does not teach the doctrine of ‘once saved, always saved.’ A person who has gained salvation by faith in Jesus Christ can lose that faith and the salvation that comes with it. The Bible says that maintaining faith requires great effort, a “hard fight.” (Jude 3, 5) Early Christians who had already ...[text shortened]... s faithful until death. That is a clue for humans who think they are saved now. You are not.....
    What do you think of, and what is the Watchtower perspective on Romans 10:09?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree