Galveston asked that not me .
    Yeah sorry I meant it for him.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 22:34
    So a couple questions....
    First If I went to the middle of China and told anyone that would listen a quick lesson on Jesus and said I'm here to see you get saved and explained all you have to do is simply accept Jesus as your savior, they are in the club and have nothing to worry about? Because this in a nut shell is what is being said here by "the saved ones."
    This kind of sounds like what was forced on millions here in this part of the world a few centuries ago huh? Yep!

And if you are saved,and washed of your sins, what happens when you sin again? Do you have to restart the whole process again?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 22:34
    Originally posted by @sonship
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God." (Eph. 2:8)
    SAVED through faith

BUT

Continue to sin and

NO INHERITANCE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD

Read and digest the whole of the book of Ephesians.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 22:35
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Yeah sorry I meant it for him.
    🙂 ..No probs
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 22:41
    Originally posted by @sonship
    So I have been saved.
    Yet I am also BEING saved.
    And eventually I WILL BE saved.
    So I have been saved. YES
    Yet I am also BEING saved. YES
    And eventually I WILL BE saved. NO

The last one depends on how you lived your life.
    Christ will judge

Paul was very clear that born again Christian Saint who lived sinfully
    will not inherit the Kingdom of God
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 22:43
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    So a couple questions....
    First If I went to the middle of China and told anyone that would listen a quick lesson on Jesus and said I'm here to see you get saved and explained all you have to do is simply accept Jesus as your savior, they are in the club and have nothing to worry about? Because this in a nut shell is what is being said here by "the sa ...[text shortened]... d of your sins, what happens when you sin again? Do you have to restart the whole process again?
    I think you should just stick to the scriptural examples you asked for and which I provided.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 22:54
    "And the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thess. 5:23)

Ok lets look at this first?

Sure.

Has Jesus come as you believe he will?

He has not returned physically so as to take up His physical seat in Jerusalem to reign over the earth. That is still a future coming.

But He has come into the innermost spiritual being of the believers as "life giving Spirit" to impart Himself into His people.

I pointed out that Romans 8:34 locates Christ at the right hand of God. And Romans 8:11 locates Christ IN those who have believed in Him.

In that latter sense - " Christ IN you the hope of glory (Col. 1:27)" He HAS come.

That is the salvation of my spirit and the process of saving my soul in sanctification.

If so, as you believe, where is he?

I just told you and will tell you again with other verses.
    He is coming and He is within His believers.

1.) COMING at the end of the church age -

" ... Jesus, Whom heaven must indeed receive until the times of the restoration of all things, of which God spoke through the mouth of His holy prophets from of old." (Acts 3:20c,21)

At the end of that [b]"UNTIL"
    God brings again His firstborn into the inhabited earth.

"And when He brings again the Firstborn into the inhabited earth, He says, And let all the angels of God worship Him." (Hebrews 1:6)

This is "the Lord Jesus AT ... His coming".

"For what is out hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord Jesus at His coming? Are not even you?" (1 Thess. 5:19)

He COMES as to the future to be glorified in His saints.
    "When He comes to be glorified in His saints and to be marveled at in all those who have believed ... in that day." (2 Thess. 1:10)

[b]2.)
    COMING at the beginning of the church age -

" ... the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him; but you know Him, because He abides with you and shall be in you.

I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you." (John 14:17,18)

You see He comes at the end of the age to be "glorified IN His saints" (2 Thes. 1:10) because He CAME to live IN them at the beginning of the church age.

From that time He comes to those who receive Him He lives in them and is Christ IN them the hope of glory.

"To whom God willed to make known what are the riches ofthe glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory." (Col. 1:27)

He has come to those who receive Him to live in them.
    "But if Christ is IN YOU, though the body is dead because of sin, the [regenerated human] spirit is life because of righteousness." (Rom. 8:10)

He has come not leaving those who believe in Him as orphans. He lives in them, compounding with their inner being.

"Test yourselves whether you are in the faith; prove yourselves, Or do you not realize about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved? (2 Cor. 13:5)

Paul a pioneer in enjoying the Christ Who has COME at the beginning of and throughout the church age to His believers, had it exactly idle:

[b] "I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me;

and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." (Gal. 2:20)

So Paul's very last written word was to remind Timothy that Jesus Christ has COME in the church age and is WITH his innermost kernel of his being - his spirit.

"The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you." (2 Tim. 4:22)

I must suspend for a moment.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 22:56
    I think you should just stick to the scriptural examples you asked for and which I provided.
    Hey your the saved one here so you should have those answers.....
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 23:01
    Matthew 24:13 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

13 but he who did endure to the end, he shall be saved;
    Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

Please explain?????
    ????????????
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 23:03
    Hey your the saved one here so you should have those answers.....
    Galveston75, you asked for some examples and I gave you a couple where clearly people were considered “saved”.

I more or less know what you believe, which is the WT dogma and that’s your choice of course.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 23:03
    ????????????
    Are you talking to me Galveston75?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 23:13
    Are you talking to me Galveston75?
    Only if your saved?
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 23:20
    By their own admission both Rajk and galveston don't believe they are saved, and apparently don't know whether or not they will be saved until judgement day.

This poses several issues.

If salvation is the receiving of the gift of eternal life through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross, then it is abundantly clear that neither Rajk or galveston has that faith.

Also, if after receiving the free gift of eternal life by believing that Jesus Christ died for one's sins on the cross, and one is then baptized by the Holy Spirit into the mystical body of Christ and born again, then neither Rajk nor galveston have had that experience based on the fact that they don't have the Spirit of God bearing witness with their spirit that they are the sons of God.

Furthermore, since both Rajk and galveston have not been born again they have not the Spirit which is essential for understanding the truths of God's Word; therefore it is no wonder they butcher the scriptures, and in Rajk's case explains why he hates Christians.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 23:321 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    By their own admission both Rajk and galveston don't believe they are saved, and apparently don't know whether or not they will be saved until judgement day.

This poses several issues.

If salvation is the receiving of the gift of eternal life through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross, then it is abundantly clear that neither Ra ...[text shortened]... t is no wonder they butcher the scriptures, and in Rajk's case explains why he hates Christians.
    So do you still sin?

Also don't think Rajk hates individual Christians, but I think he hates what many individual Christians as well as their churches has done to Christianity.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Apr '18 23:58
    So do you still sin?
    Are you born again?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree