Originally posted by @secondson
    Are you born again?
    Do you still sin?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 00:53
    A life long observation of "saved ones".

This does not apply to all at all. But growing up as a Christian who is not saved and having a very clear understanding of what being saved means and being very involved in the door to door teaching work ( that saved ones seem to think is below them to do ) where we talk to ones of all faiths but more so to ones who proclaim to be Christians and most believe they are saved "now", is a fairly common thread they all have which is one I would not be to proud of and that is a lack of humility when it comes to these talking to ones who don't believe in their version of being saved. I've also seen this with my own relatives who claim to be saved, even more so. I have an aunt and her grown children who to this day will not even speak to me and my family because of our stand on not being saved. It's not just a dislike but it's a serious disgust and looking down on us because we are not their equal in their mighty standing of being above us in their saved mental paradise.
    Again this is by far not isolated cases as I have seen this over and over as long as I cand remember.
    And hundreds of times at neighbors doors that I would go to share bible thoughts with, arrogantly explain they are saved and there is nothing I could teach them and to go on to the next door to their neighbors who aren't saved.
    What is this all about? How rude and arrogant it is to speak to anyone this way especially when we are taking time out of our life and the expenses to do what Jesus told us to do.
    And yet again it is very prevalent here to by some who claim their above everyone else's state of salvation bliss.
    A true christian is to be among other good qualities, is to be humble. Lol. Something most saved ones seem to think doesn't apply to their lofty position.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 00:59
    Originally posted by @galveston75

This does not apply to all at all. But growing up as a Christian who is not saved and having a very clear understanding of what being saved means and being very involved in the door to door teaching work ( that saved ones seem to think is below them to do ) where we talk to ones of all faiths but more so to o ...[text shortened]... o be humble. Lol. Something most saved ones seem to think doesn't apply to their lofty position.
    I’ve rarely, if ever outside of this forum, come across Christians who don’t believe that they are “saved” now and forever, by grace, through faith in the full and complete work of Christ. I am sincerely sorry to read of the family strife you have experienced due to your particular understanding of salvation.

Do you belong to a particular religious group or denomination who shares this view, if so which one?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 01:001 edit
    Do you still sin?
    Doesn’t everyone?

Edit: don’t you believe in being “reborn”, cliched as “born again” spiritually?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 01:02
    By their own admission both Rajk and galveston don't believe they are saved, and apparently don't know whether or not they will be saved until judgement day.

This poses several issues.

If salvation is the receiving of the gift of eternal life through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross, then it is abundantly clear that neither Ra ...[text shortened]... t is no wonder they butcher the scriptures, and in Rajk's case explains why he hates Christians.
    Having read this earlier post by you I am now confused by the one I replied to above!
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 01:14
    By their own admission both Rajk and galveston don't believe they are saved, and apparently don't know whether or not they will be saved until judgement day.

This poses several issues.

If salvation is the receiving of the gift of eternal life through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross, then it is abundantly clear that neither Ra ...[text shortened]... t is no wonder they butcher the scriptures, and in Rajk's case explains why he hates Christians.
    Your understanding of the teachings of Christ is pretty shallow.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 01:33

This does not apply to all at all. But growing up as a Christian who is not saved and having a very clear understanding of what being saved means and being very involved in the door to door teaching work ( that saved ones seem to think is below them to do ) where we talk to ones of all faiths but more so to o ...[text shortened]... o be humble. Lol. Something most saved ones seem to think doesn't apply to their lofty position.
    I share some of these observations. In fact I can go further and state categorically that some of the most crooked people I have come across in my daily life are those who claim to be 'saved'. I run from them. I make excuses why I cannot hire them. I go the other way when they are coming my way. I cannot stand their lies and their arrogance and they dishonesty. Their rationale is they can continue to live as they please without consequences and they are eternally saved and not even God can revoke it.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 03:311 edit
    Galveston, Secondson has evaluated the situation with you and Rajk999 pretty well. You both need to RECEIVE Jesus.

"As many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name.

Who were begotten not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12,13)

You need to get out of that Jehovah's Witnesses group because their entire mission is to REJECT Christ rather than RECEIVE Christ that men may be begotten of God.

All their arguments they trained you with and taught you with have this aim - to cool down your heart towards Jesus Christ so that you would not receive Him.

Jehovah Witnesses is a religion based on a foundation of hatred towards Jesus Christ as God incarnate to be our Lord and Savior. The very foundation of the group is their shared hatred for God incarnate.

You try to grill me about Jesus coming.
    The Gospels are very balanced. In Mark and Luke we see Jesus "going away" in ascension. But in Matthew and John we get no real impression that He is not still here.

Indeed Matthew ends saying that He is WITH the disciples throughout the age until its closing consummation.

" And behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age." (Matt. 29:20b)

There is balance to the profound good news of Jesus the Son of God. He comes again. Yet He also is WITH those who receive Him throughout the centuries until the end of the church age.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 03:42
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I share some of these observations. In fact I can go further and state categorically that some of the most crooked people I have come across in my daily life are those who claim to be 'saved'. I run from them. I make excuses why I cannot hire them. I go the other way when they are coming my way. I cannot stand their lies and their arrogance and they disho ...[text shortened]... as they please without consequences and they are eternally saved and not even God can revoke it.
    In reality if being saved in the way they think it is by just making a couple statements, then why didn't Jesus just show up on earth and tell everyone who he is, do a couple miracles, raise up a dead person and say you believe I'm the Christ 10 times, and once you've done that, hey your in. Nothing else you really have to do but pay your portion in the plate as it's passed and well yep, that's about it. No worries at all!!!!!
    Forget the rest of the bible because you all are above everyone else and you know what, you don't even have to speak to them unsaved humans. And you really don't even have to worry about the rest of the bible. In fact if some scripture disagrees with you all being saved now, don't worry about it. Cool huh?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 03:44
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Galveston, Secondson has evaluated the situation with you and Rajk999 pretty well. You both need to RECEIVE Jesus.

[quote] [b] "As many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name.

Who were begotten not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1: ...[text shortened]... He also is WITH those who receive Him throughout the centuries until the end of the church age.
    Lol. Do you really believe what your saying? Man what a confused human.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 03:44
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I share some of these observations. In fact I can go further and state categorically that some of the most crooked people I have come across in my daily life are those who claim to be 'saved'. I run from them. I make excuses why I cannot hire them. I go the other way when they are coming my way. I cannot stand their lies and their arrogance and they disho ...[text shortened]... as they please without consequences and they are eternally saved and not even God can revoke it.
    So you are afraid that if you receive Christ then you will have to be the same kind of person?

Second Peter 2:2 predicted that because of apostasy the way of the truth would be blasphemed.

New Living Translation
    Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered.

English Standard Version
    And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.

So you're way to not follow sensuality as fleshly believers is to succumb to maligning and slandering the truth of the Gospel?

American Standard Version
    And many shall follow their lascivious doings; by reason of whom the way of the truth shall be evil spoken of.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    And many shall follow their riotousnesses, through whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Darby Bible Translation
    and many shall follow their dissolute ways, through whom the way of the truth shall be blasphemed.

Ask God rather that He would lead you to those Christians who would encourage your faith rather than discourage your faith. Ask Him to lead you to those who can help you to be an overcomer rather than a defeated Christian.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 03:512 edits
    Lol. Do you really believe what your saying? Man what a confused human.
    Am I confused?
    Let the New Testament put you to the test to see if it is confused.

" Test yourselves whether you are in the faith;
    prove yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved?" (2 Cor. 13:5)

I am not confused to be able to state before you, before God Almighty, before this Forum publically, before the angels and before the Devil -

I know that Jesus Christ lives in me.
    I know that the Lord is with my spirit.

If you are not confused would you make such a good confession like I have just done?

Is the Son of God living in your innermost spiritual being ?
    Or do you just know a bunch of objective stuff about a kingdom on earth someday? - just outward information and door to door zeal to pass it on?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 10:08
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Doesn’t everyone?

Edit: don’t you believe in being “reborn”, cliched as “born again” spiritually?
    Bump for Galveston75.

Galveston75 if you want to discuss this topic then discuss it. Please don’t just ignore direct on topic posts because you don’t want to reply. It’s poor forum etiquette for which you have been called out over time and again.

Thank you.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 10:15
    Originally posted by @sonship
    So you are afraid that if you receive Christ then you will have to be the same kind of person?

[b]Second Peter 2:2
    predicted that because of apostasy the way of the truth would be blasphemed.

[quote] New Living Translation
    Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will ...[text shortened]... k Him to lead you to those who can help you to be an overcomer rather than a defeated Christian.[/b]
    Sheep are not influenced by, neither bothered by the crooked lifestyle of the goats.
    My house is built on the rock of Christ.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Apr '18 10:321 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I’ve rarely, if ever outside of this forum, come across Christians who don’t believe that they are “saved” now and forever, by grace, through faith in the full and complete work of Christ. I am sincerely sorry to read of the family strife you have experienced due to your particular understanding of salvation.

Do you belong to a particular religious group or denomination who shares this view, if so which one?
    All Christians [those who accept Christ] are saved, now and forever, by grace, through faith in the full and complete work of Christ. ALL.. no exceptions.

Despite what these fools say on this site about me, I am a saved Christian. I am saved by the blood of Christ. I am baptised into Christ. However, my path diverged away from mainstream church Christianity when I realised how convoluted and evil Christian churches were becoming. Rather than leave Christianity like some do, I simply left the church. I certainly did not leave Christ and neither did Christ leave me.

All Christians are similarly blessed and are saved, but not all will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some will and some will be cast out. The confusion arises from using the word saved synomously with eternal life. They are not the same.

Paul took great pains to explain this difference to all the churches but these explanations fall on deaf ears.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree