1. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 02:343 edits
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Then you're missing out on at least half of the fun of the Spirituality forum! You Catholics need to learn to live a little.
    I'm sorry, but I have every right to be in the communal "kitchen" as anyone else. And if the heat is because someone has set an illegal "fire" in the kitchen, then I do not consider my leaving the kitchen the right thing to do.

My intention was not to chase anyone from the "kitchen" (as I've said, I've left a couple times myself for those reasons); certainly not to imply that you don't have a right here.

By "illegal" fire, do you mean something that violates the TOS--or do you just mean the kind of "arson" that you feel you have a duty and right to fight?

EDIT: Sorry, I missed your reference to the TOS. Do you really think that Savix's post violates the TOS?

"Post, email or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable."

Well, Howard's was perhaps "vulgar." "Otherwise objectionable" seems very much in the eye of the beholder. I wonder--when Darfius said that I was a servant of Satan, does that count? How about when someone says: "The only reason you won't accept Christ is because you want to keep living your sinful lifestyle," in a public post, as if they were privy to that person's lifestyle. I'm serious in these questions, not being sarcastic at all.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 02:471 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]I'm sorry, but I have every right to be in the communal "kitchen" as anyone else. And if the heat is because someone has set an illegal "fire" in the kitchen, then I do not consider my leaving the kitchen the right thing to do.

My intention was not to chase anyone from the "kitchen" (as I've said, I've left a couple times myself for those ...[text shortened]... TOS--or do you just mean the kind of "arson" that you feel you have a duty and right to fight?[/b]
    The only conclusion one can reach considering there are so many
    commands at odds with each other in other religions, IE, Jaynes
    god says not to kill ANYTHING, Allah says you MUST kill infidels,
    The Bible says Kill the enemy non-believer, You have to come
    to the conclusion, since we apparently thing there is only one god,
    This god is insane. So you are all worshipping an insane god, one
    who will give one set of rules to this people and another contradicting
    set to another. What can you call that but insane?
    With concepts like I am a jealous god, think about a bunch of mice
    in a cage and they are being taught a trick, one of them can't get
    it, the trainer offs the dumb mouse, the other mice, one of them
    being a philosophical mouse, assumes their god is vindictive,
    and get the impression god is a jealous god. Course it might be
    an insane human taking revenge on the poor mice, eh.
    Same thing with humans VS god. Too bad you all worship such
    an insane being.
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 03:08
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    [b]That is precisely what I maintain.

Very well. At least you're not being hypocritical.

There are degrees of humourlessness.

Are there?

I find howard's joke not just offensive as a Christian, but at a very basic human level. Even if I didn't believe that Jesus was God, I would have no reason to question the fact that he had ...[text shortened]... tatement?[/b]

What difference does it make? You don't support third-party censorship anyway.[/b]
    Au contraire - my spear thrust was a mercy killing.

It ended his suffering (although arguably it increased the suffering of the world as it made a martyr out of the man and the rest of humanity has had to put up with his followers for millenia).
  4. London
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 03:10
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]I'm sorry, but I have every right to be in the communal "kitchen" as anyone else. And if the heat is because someone has set an illegal "fire" in the kitchen, then I do not consider my leaving the kitchen the right thing to do.

My intention was not to chase anyone from the "kitchen" (as I've said, I've left a couple times myself for those ...[text shortened]... privy to that person's lifestyle. I'm serious in these questions, not being sarcastic at all.[/b]
    Do you really think that Savix's post violates the TOS?

It probably doesn't.

"Otherwise objectionable" seems very much in the eye of the beholder.

I think the complete phrase is "racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable". So, the "otherwise" would follow parallel to "racially" and "ethnically". Examples could be - sexist material, homophobic material, religiously objectionable material etc.

I wonder--when Darfius said that I was a servant of Satan, does that count? How about when someone says: "The only reason you won't accept Christ is because you want to keep living your sinful lifestyle," in a public post, as if they were privy to that person's lifestyle. I'm serious in these questions, not being sarcastic at all.

I'm afraid I missed both those posts. But they certainly look like TOS violations to me and IMO should be mod-ded.
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 03:11
    1a. Is it reasonable to infer then that you have no problems with me making 'Jew', 'Negro', 'fag' or 'dyke' jokes?

1b. Is it reasonable to infer that if Jews, African-Americans or homosexuals do not laugh at those jokes then they're "humourless"?

2. You're just trying to evade a straight response.

Why don't we just call it for wh ...[text shortened]... - imply that you expect a homosexual not to take offence at statements like "God hates fags"?
    I find it most offensive that you consider my post a joke and not the truth.
    You must respect my views on reincarnation as the truth.

Or else I will cry.

May you come back as a cockroach.
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 06:30
    African-Americans
    All black people aren't African-American. Some are just African.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 06:59
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Your avatar is a concise, picturesque and very much to the point summary of your ethical stances, Bbarr. Very well chosen indeed ........
    Yeah, I like it too. Tyranny merits straightforward opposition.
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 07:11
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Tyranny merits straightforward opposition.
    One of the main reasons why the founding fathers believed a populace should be permitted to carry arms.
  9. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 07:19
    Originally posted by Halitose
    One of the main reasons why the founding fathers believed a populace should be permitted to carry arms.
    No, this is a reason why the founding fathers believed a well regulated militia should be permitted to carry arms. Have you seen the general populace lately? Do they look well regulated to you?
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 07:33
    No, this is a reason why the founding fathers believed a well regulated militia should be permitted to carry arms. Have you seen the general populace lately? Do they look well regulated to you?
    I agree with you that it would be a regulated militia rather than the general populace that would be a safeguard against tyrany, however some of the founding fathers didn't limit this to merely a militia.

Thomas Jefferson proposed that "no free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms," and Samuel Adams called for an amendment banning any law "to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.

- Noah Webster-
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 15:271 edit
    Yeah, I like it too. Tyranny merits straightforward opposition.
    That's exactly why I oppose you.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 15:37
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    That's exactly why I oppose you.
    LOL
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 17:51
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    LOL
    LOL
  14. Forgotten
    Moves
    25 Oct '05 17:071 edit
    yeah jesus spoke to me also
    gave me a chess move one time when i was playing over the board
    turned out to be a terrible blunder
    what a patser lmao

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree