Jesus was married!:

Jesus was married!:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
12 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
What does Paul have to do with the criticism that has been levelled at you by Moonbus?
Please answer the question FMF, have I anywhere claimed that my behaviour on this forum is synonymous with Pauls?

F

Moves
12 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Please answer the question FMF, have I anywhere claimed that my behaviour on this forum is synonymous with Pauls?
It certainly seems that you were comparing yourself to him. But if you answer the question "What does Paul have to do with the criticism that has been levelled at you by moonbus?" then if I have misunderstood your post then it can be rectified.

rc

Moves
12 Apr 14
4 edits

Originally posted by FMF
It certainly seems so. But if you answer the question "What does Paul have to do with the criticism that has been levelled at you by moonbus?" then if I have misunderstood your post then it can be rectified.
Really it seems so? Where does it seem so FMF? because i mention that Paul was also termed a seed picker? How does mentioning the fact that Paul was termed a seed picker translate into claiming that my behaviour is synonymous with Paul. What it in fact translates into FMF is that both the accusations are similar, doesn't it.

F

Moves
12 Apr 14

Really it seems so? Where does it seem so FMF? because i mention that Paul was also termed a seed picker? How is mentioning the fact synonymous with claiming that my behaviour is synonymous with Paul.
You're using the word "synonymous" a lot. It's a word you yourself have introduced, not me. You said ~ in response to being criticized for being a cherry picker ~ "Paul [was termed] a 'seed picker', and yet he managed despite their criticisms to pen many of the Biblical books that nourish a Christians spirituality". So my question was "You are comparing your behaviour on these forums to Paul?"

F

Moves
12 Apr 14

What it in fact translates into FMF is that both the accusations are similar, doesn't it.
So you are comparing yourself to Paul in so far as the criticism of you and the criticism you said there was of him are "similar"? Is that what you mean?

rc

Moves
12 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
You're using the word "synonymous" a lot. It's a word you yourself have introduced, not me. You said ~ in response to being criticized for being a cherry picker ~ "Paul [was termed] a 'seed picker', and yet he managed despite their criticisms to pen many of the Biblical books that nourish a Christians spirituality". So my question was "You are comparing your behaviour on these forums to Paul?"
Yes I understand what your question was, now reiterated for the third time? so we shall ask you again, how does mentioning that Paul was termed a seed picker translate into your mind as a claim that my behaviour is synonymous with Pauls? Indeed any rational thinking person would look and acknowledge that what is in fact similar is the accusation and yet you somehow manage to translate it into something else entirely, a claim that no one has made, interesting.

F

Moves
12 Apr 14

Yes I understand what your question was, now reiterated for the third time? so we shall ask you again, how does mentioning that Paul was termed a seed picker translate into your mind as a claim that my behaviour is synonymous with Pauls? Indeed any rational thinking person would look and acknowledge that what is in fact similar is the accusation and ...[text shortened]... manage to translate it into something else entirely, a claim that no one has made, interesting.
You mentioned criticism of Paul in your response to criticism of you. If you did not mean to compare yourself to Paul ~ and what you see as "similar accusations" ~ then what does Paul have to do with the criticism that has been levelled at you by moonbus?

rc

Moves
12 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So you are comparing yourself to Paul in so far as the criticism of you and the criticism you said there was of him are "similar"? Is that what you mean?
Are the criticisms similar or are they not? surely one can acknowledge that two persons may suffer the same criticism without someone claiming that they are comparing their respective behaviour, in fact its not entirely clear to me just how the two might be by construed as being synonymous in behaviour except through the mechanisms of a cynical mind, then again I am a somewhat unassuming man.

rc

Moves
12 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You mentioned criticism of Paul in your response to criticism of you. If you did not mean to compare yourself to Paul ~ and what you see as "similar accusations" ~ then what does Paul have to do with the criticism that has been levelled at you by moonbus?
that the accusations are the same FMF. Is it not obvious enough? shall i make a journalese headline for you?

SHOCK! HORROR: ACCUSATIONS ARE THE SAME!

F

Moves
12 Apr 14

Are the criticisms similar or are they not? surely one can acknowledge that two persons may suffer the same criticism without someone claiming that they are comparing their respective behaviour, in fact its not entirely clear to me just how the two might be by construed as being synonymous in behaviour except through the mechanisms of a cynical mind, then again I am a somewhat unassuming man.
So are you comparing yourself to Paul or not?

rc

Moves
12 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So are you comparing yourself to Paul or not?
wow tell us FMF the process that you go through? a poster points out that two accusations of asimilar nature have been made, you then attempt to construe that one of them is comparing his behaviour with the other? How does that work for you FMF, are you really unable to divorce the personality from that which surrounds it?

F

Moves
12 Apr 14

wow tell us FMF the process that you go through? a poster points out that two accusations are the same, you then attempt to construe that they are comparing themselves? How does that work for you FMF, are you really unable to divorce the personality from that which surrounds it?
Are you comparing your "cherry picking" with Paul's "seed picking"?

rc

Moves
12 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
tell us the process FMF, seriously, are you unable to divorce people from that which surrounds them? I want to know the process that you go through. Someone points out that there are two accusation of a similar nature and you manage to construe that one of them is comparing his behaviour to the other, how is that possible FMF?

F

Moves
12 Apr 14

tell us the process FMF, seriously, are you unable to divorce people from that which surrounds them? I want to know the process that you go through. Someone points out that there are two accusation of a similar nature and you manage to construe that one of them is comparing his behaviour to the other, how is that possible FMF?
Are you comparing your hoped-for outcome from your "cherry picking" with the outcome of Paul's "seed picking"?

rc

Moves
12 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
No what I am trying to ascertain is how two similar accusations can be construed as someone making a claim to behave like someone else.