1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 21:58
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    http://www.bigdogghouse.com/RHP/v9/RHP_2013_gbaway.user.js

I've used it on you before. I can simply do it again.
    Don't be a bad sport.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 22:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The very fact you give any credence to the crap Dan Brown posits in The DaVinci Code baffles me. It must be because it helps your anti-God theories.
    What is it about the possibility of JC being married that rattles you so? So what if he got a little now and then? He is a man after all.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 22:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What is it about the possibility of JC being married that rattles you so? So what if he got a little now and then? He is a man after all.
    I think it rattles her because, you of little knowledge, believe you know what a god would do.
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 23:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There is no 'traditional argument' that there should be no women priests...
    Corinthians 14:34?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 00:461 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Generally a priest is a person who brings people to God.
    A priest assists people to come forward to God whom the priest him or herself is in intimate communion with.

We should not think of a priest as an old testament type official position as a Levitical priest.

The problem is that when the Apostle Peter says that all the saints are a royal priesthood, the strong implication is that he is speaking of all believers regardless of anything.

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, p people acquired for a possession, so that you may tell out the virtues of him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." ( 1 Peter 2:9)

Is it only males who constituted "a chosen race" of the believers?
    Is it only males who comprise "a royal priesthood"?

Are "a people acquired for a possession" only male people?

We should believe in the universal priesthood of every believer. We should not think only a peculiarly dressed man must be a "priest." We should go by the New Testament document which states all the believers constitute a "royal priesthood".

It is not an official position.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 01:231 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    This is also what the apostle Paul tells Timothy about his desire for the roles of men and women of the church.

I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works. Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

(1 Timothy 2:8-12 NKJV)

However, there is no command from God that a woman can not be educated enough to qualify her as a teacher in the future. In fact, in Acts 2, the apostle Peter even quotes scripture indicating a time will come when God will poor out His Spirit on their sons and daughters, and there would be both menservants and maidservants that will prophesy.

The apostle Paul writes the following:

Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.

(1 Corinthians 11:4-5 NKJV)

In stating this Jewish custom, the apostle also admits that at least some women have the ability to pray and prophesy at that time.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 02:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.[/b]
    It's hardly surprising that one man writing to another man 2,000 years ago wrote stuff like this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree