1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:052 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you comparing your hoped-for outcome from your "cherry picking" with the outcome of Paul's "seed picking"?
    Please answer the question FMF, how can two similar accusations can be construed as someone making a claim to behave like someone else. Really I want to know how you did it?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Please answer the question FMF, how can two similar accusations can be construed as someone making a claim to behave like someone else.
    Well, you chose to compare your "cherry picking" to Pauls' "seed picking". Is your "cherry picking" behaviour the same as ~ or different from ~ Paul's "seed picking" behaviour? What comparison are you trying to make?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Also didn't you once claim that Jesus never existed. How can this not be a forgery if Jesus never existed?
    The claim in the article is that it is not a modern forgery.
    And besides, a false or fictional story is not necessarily a forgery. So it could conceivably be the case that Jesus never existed and the story is no a forgery.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:092 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, you chose to compare your "cherry picking" to Pauls' "seed picking". Is your "cherry picking" behaviour the same as ~ or different from ~ Paul's "seed picking" behaviour? What comparison are you trying to make?
    but I have not compared myself to anyone FMF and despite being asked you have provided no evidence that I have compared myself to anyone, all I have in fact done is mention that there were two similar accusations, so we shall ask you again, how do you get from, here are two similar accusations to you are comparing yourself to someone else, third time asking.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:12
    but I have not compared myself to anyone FMF and despite being asked you have provided no evidence that I have compared myself to anyone, all I have in fact done is mention that there were two similar accusations, so we shall ask you again, how do you get from, here are two similar accusation to you are comparing yourself to someone else, third time asking.
    So are you comparing yourself to Paul ~ in terms of yours and his "picking" behaviour and what you were both accused of ~ or not?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    I really wonder why you are unable to divorce an individual from that which surrounds them, interesting phenomena, I wonder if it has a name? on yeah, trollers gonna troll!
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:14
    I really wonder why you are unable to divorce an individual from that which surrounds them, interesting phenomena, I wonder if it has a name? on yeah, trollers gonna troll!
    Are you comparing yourself to Paul in so far as you claim you were both criticized in similar ways for similar behaviour?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    So are you comparing yourself to Paul ~ in terms of yours and his "picking" behaviour and what you were both accused of ~ or not?
    sorry FMF when you simply start to fabricate falsehoods like I have claimed that my behaviour is similar to Pauls and that I have compared my cherry picking to Pauls seed picking then you lose all credibility and interest, have a pleasant evening.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you comparing yourself to Paul [b]in so far as you claim you were both criticized in similar ways for similar behaviour?[/b]
    I have made no comparisons with Paul although secretly I think we are both AWESOME!
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:38
    I have made no comparisons with Paul although secretly I think we are both AWESOME!
    Yeah, but Paul never played guitar😉
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 18:451 edit
    Robbie: "Even if we allow a mistranslation it does not prove that she was a priest for an apostle, from the Greek 'apostolos', literally means a sent one. ... It should be noted that the early church did not ordain women [not?] because of their name, but because of factors laid out elsewhere in scripture. In fact there was no such thing as a clergy laity distinction originally."

Splendid: concise, coherent, substantive, deserving of a well-considered answer. I shall provide one in due course, but not tonight (Saturday night--got better things to do). On the spur of the moment I can only reply that not one of Jesus' intimate entourage (includiung Peter, James, Judas, etc.) would have held the title of priest or apostle (in any language). More to follow.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 19:353 edits
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Robbie: "Even if we allow a mistranslation it does not prove that she was a priest for an apostle, from the Greek 'apostolos', literally means a sent one. ... It should be noted that the early church did not ordain women [not?] because of their name, but because of factors laid out elsewhere in scripture. In fact there was no such thing as a clergy laity dis ...[text shortened]... , Judas, etc.) would have held the title of priest or apostle (in any language). More to follow.
    Thankyou your magnanimity is well noted and may it serve as an example to our friends! Especially those who find it difficult if not impossible to divorce the persona from the argument itself.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 19:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yeah, but Paul never played guitar😉
    no but he could make tents and spoke probably three or four languages and was a Roman citizen, that's privileged man!
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 23:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you consider a man getting married and having sex with his wife sinful?

Is that what you mean by your statement here? - There was no reason for Jesus to be born of a virgin if He was only going to turn around and ruin it by getting married.

If not, what is the meaning?
    Is not lust considered a sin?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 23:551 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Is not lust considered a sin?
    Yes, of course. However, a man can have sexual relations and love his wife as God commands without lusting after her. Don't you believe that was possible for Jesus?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree