1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 18:171 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Even now sir i'm just a PGCE away from completing that dream.

(Actually preferred my sociology teacher, Mr Miller. He would often bring his guitar into lessons and sing songs from the 60's). He was one cool dude.
    wow man, that's just groovy! Wish you well and when you cover your chapter on Jehovahs Witnesses invite me down as an exhibit. I only fly British Airways, No BMI or mince like that.

When you get the chance you should watch the Japanese film The hidden fortress, its awesome.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 18:221 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow man, that's just groovy! Wish you well and when you cover your chapter on Jehovahs Witnesses invite me down as an exhibit. I only fly British Airways, No BMI or mince like that.

When you get the chance you should watch the Japanese film The hidden fortress, its awesome.
    Will look out for it sir. Am currently watching an historical drama called Taira No Kiyomori. Quite hard going, but enjoyable. (Thankfully it is subtitled, as my Japanese just isn't quick enough).
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 18:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

No "Hidden Fortress". No "Star Wars".
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 18:31
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Will look out for it sir. Am currently watching an historical drama called Taira No Kiyomori. Quite hard going, but enjoyable. (Thankfully it is subtitled, as my Japanese just isn't quick enough).
    Sound good, I understand NO Japanese but I enjoy the portrayals, especially the 1950's early sixties films 😀
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 18:321 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    No "Hidden Fortress". No "Star Wars".
    Yes! Its remarkable.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 17:02
    Originally posted by roigam
    Hey, you don't have to believe the truth.
    Jehovah gave you free will.
    What about predestination?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 18:50
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Free will and predestination at the same time.

Doesn't make sense to us, so it can't be true since we know everything...
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    13 Jan '17 02:59
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Jehovah God has the ability to foretell things and to bring them to pass.
    He does this in connection with His purpose to sanctify His name.
    (Isaiah 46:9, 10) Remember the former things of long ago, That I am God, and there is no other. I am God, and there is no one like me. 10 From the beginning I foretell the outcome, And from long ago the things that have not yet been done. I say, ‘My decision will stand, And I will do whatever I please.’

He does not make things happen as respects individuals unless it is something that is necessary to accomplish His will.
    Individuals have free will and can make their own choices.
    They do reap what they sow.
    (Galatians 6:7) Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap;
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Jan '17 03:411 edit
    How wonderful that Jehovah did not abandon humans when Adam sinned.
    (Ephesians 1:8-10) This undeserved kindness he caused to abound toward us in all wisdom and understanding 9 by making known to us the sacred secret of his will. It is according to his good pleasure that he himself purposed 10 for an administration at the full limit of the appointed times, to gather all things together in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth. Yes, in him
    There is hope for all of us until the end.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '17 10:38
    Thomas said, "my Lord.....and.....my God......"
    clearly two individuals and two different positions, Lord (see James 2:1) and God, our Creator and provider of our savoir and Lord Jesus. See Isa. 43:11.
    Enough for now or I will wind up quoting the whole Bible to you.
    When people address Jesus saying my Lord and Savior are they talking to two people
    there too?
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Jan '17 23:10
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    When people address Jesus saying my Lord and Savior are they talking to two people
    there too?
    Exactly. He was recognizing Jesus as his Lord and Jehovah God as His God.
    Original manuscripts show that the Jews (including the disciples) knew and used
    God's Name. Jesus said,
    (John 17:26) I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 00:07
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The bottom line is that the concept that Jesus and God are one and the same is inconsistent with the words of Jesus while He walked the Earth.

As Jesus plainly states in John 12:44-45:
    "“He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me. 45“He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me."

And in John 14:10
    "“Do you not believe that I a ...[text shortened]... the concepts Jesus explained in John 12 and John 14:
    “He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me."
    Well To0, we finally agree on something. Excellent reasoning.
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 05:37
    Originally posted by sonship
    The confession of Thomas that Jesus Christ is his Lord and his God is entirely consistent with John's crucial prologue of his Gospel. That is that the Word was God and became flesh.

[b] " ... and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1:1b)

"And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us (and we beheld His glory, glory as of ...[text shortened]... ist Thomas.

[quote] [b] "Thomas answered and said to him, My Lord and my God."
    [/b]
    If that were true how could John go on to say:
    (John 1:18) No man has seen God at any time;.....
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 11:23
    Exactly. He was recognizing Jesus as his Lord and Jehovah God as His God.
    Original manuscripts show that the Jews (including the disciples) knew and used
    God's Name. Jesus said,
    (John 17:26) I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”
    He was recognizing Jesus as the Son of God, the Word made flesh. The book of John
    starts out sharing Jesus is the Word of God made flesh, Jesus is also the Son of Man.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 11:24
    If that were true how could John go on to say:
    (John 1:18) No man has seen God at any time;.....
    John 6:46
    Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree