John 8:58

John 8:58

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Jun 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No i don't, I'd kill myself before I agree with anything he has to say.
Sounds a bit harsh, but suit yourself.

rc

Moves
10 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Wait a minute. Do you actually think that when GB said "he's a scholar of the original languages", that he was speaking about you? Take another look at his post before you fall all over yourself accepting his praise. All he said about you is that you're entitled to your opinion, whatever it is. Hardly a "refreshing" view.
It was simply refreshing to have him state that I like anyone else remain entitled to my perspective. Why you should have a problem with this I cannot say.

rc

Moves
10 Jun 15
2 edits

Sounds a bit harsh, but suit yourself.
Dont kid yourself cupcakes, you'd miss me bigtime and retreat into the Arizona desert to mourn my departing, weeping every day until the desert itself blossomed forth all kinds of verdant fauna due to the profusion of tears.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jun 15

nonsense the Jews, Christ's enemies upon which you base your testimony were wrong about Christ breaking the sabbath, they were also wrong about him making himself equal to God the very same thing that you are now parroting, oh dear, perhaps you would have picked up stones too, who can say?
You're not talking right robbie. Jesus' "enemies" testimony about Jesus isn't my "testimony". I base my belief on God's Word concerning the person of Jesus Christ and His testimony about Himself. Get that strait!

John 5:17
But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Look closely at what Jesus said in the verse above, please. Because Jesus said, "my father worketh hitherto, and I work", that is why the Jews accused Jesus of making Himself equal to God.

"My father works, and I work." Equality! You just have to see it robbie. It's in as simple as it gets English. No other idea or thought can be attached to the phraseology other than making both God and Jesus equal.

Jesus said it Himself. Believe the "testimony" of Jesus, not the Watchtower.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
josephw, I am not reading Robbie's posts anymore. But this I read and find it very well put.

"My father works, and I work." Equality! You just have to see it robbie. It's in as simple as it gets English. No other idea or thought can be attached to the phraseology other than making both God and Jesus equal.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Jun 15

See, this is what I was talking about.

First you say that Ron saying "God is plural" "makes sense" to you. And then you turn around and talk about the "singularity" of the Godhead, and how on this, you and Robbie agree. Robbie does not believe "God is plural" "makes sense" at all. Robbie is a unitarian. He believes that no one is God but "Jehovah". It sounds like you and he don't agree at all.
You didn't realise that when I posted "this makes total sense" that I was being ironic?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Jun 15

No i don't, I'd kill myself before I agree with anything he has to say.
Open minded as ever I see.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Jun 15

Wait a minute. Do you actually think that when GB said "he's a scholar of the original languages", that he was speaking about you? Take another look at his post before you fall all over yourself accepting his praise. All he said about you is that you're entitled to your opinion, whatever it is. Hardly a "refreshing" view.
robbie doesn't get a lot of compliments since Galveston75 went to ground

rc

Moves
10 Jun 15

You're not talking right robbie. Jesus' "enemies" testimony about Jesus isn't my "testimony". I base my belief on God's Word concerning the person of Jesus Christ and His testimony about Himself. Get that strait!

But Jesus answered them, [b]My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Look closely at what Jesus said in the verse above, pleas ...[text shortened]... and Jesus equal.

Jesus said it Himself. Believe the "testimony" of Jesus, not the Watchtower.[/b]
more nonsense! your citation is not a claim to be equal and no matter how much you or the Jews of Christ's time try to make it so, it will never be. Your testimony is based on what Jesus enemies stated, they were wrong about him breaking the sabbath and they were wrong about him making himself equal to God, you believe them if you like.

rc

Moves
10 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
josephw, I am not reading Robbie's posts anymore. But this I read and find it very well put.

Its not a claim for equality no matter how much you or Jesus enemies want it to be. Why do you hate Jesus, what bad thing has he done to you?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jun 15

Originally posted by sonship

Appreciated. I tried to word it as carefully as I could to convey a simple idea.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jun 15

more nonsense! your citation is not a claim to be equal and no matter how much you or the Jews of Christ's time try to make it so, it will never be. Your testimony is based on what Jesus enemies stated, they were wrong about him breaking the sabbath and they were wrong about him making himself equal to God, you believe them if you like.
Obviously you are not reading what I posted. It is Jesus' own words I quoted to you. I'll try again in case you had something in your eye before. 😉

But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

If you can't see and understand what it is here Jesus is saying, then what you are doing essentially is calling Jesus a fraud just as did His enemies.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jun 15
1 edit

Its not a claim for equality no matter how much you or Jesus enemies want it to be. Why do you hate Jesus, what bad thing has he done to you?
"Its not a claim for equality..."

Then why did the Jews accuse Jesus of making Himself equal with God when He said "My Father worketh hitherto, and I work"?

I'd really like to know how you will answer that!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jun 15
1 edit

But Jesus answered them, [b]My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Look closely at what Jesus said in the verse above, pleas ...[text shortened]... and Jesus equal.

Jesus said it Himself. Believe the "testimony" of Jesus, not the Watchtower.[/b]
I work, you work, everybody works ... therefore they are all equal?

What the hell kind of logic is that? Not even the communists are so stupid to think that that would make everybody equal.

And if your ability to reason and understand the teachings of Christ and the Apostles are no better than the Pharisees then you are truly lost.

rc

Moves
11 Jun 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
I work, you work, everybody works ... therefore they are all equal?

What the hell kind of logic is that? Not even the communists are so stupid to think that that would make everybody equal.

And if your ability to reason and understand the teachings of Christ and the Apostles are no better than the Pharisees then you are truly lost.
I know, its pretty low even for a trinitarian. The amusing thing is how they try to build a case for their doctrine on the most flimsiest and ludicrous of grounds and then to decry that anyone that doesn't except their lack of rationality is a heretic and incapable of rational thought themselves.