John 8:58

John 8:58

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
It does not mention anything about the Father having all authority or is now greater than the Son either. It say God is all in all, which to me means they are all equal. 😏
You are fighting a losing battle pal. So in this passage:

1Cor 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The term "head of" really means equality according to you. Therefore

the woman = man = Christ = God. .. 😀

Thats called duncyhead logic where Im from.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999

1Cor 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

"Thats called duncyhead logic where Im from."

That explains a lot. Are all the folks from where you're from suffer with the same malady? 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 15

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"Thats called duncyhead logic where Im from."

That explains a lot. Are all the folks from where you're from suffer with the same malady? 😉[/b]
Only those who think that once you work you are equal.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 15

I was not using that verse. However, that is not what that verse is saying aa we both know. Just because Adam was given authority over Eve does not mean that they are not equally human beings does it? Do you agree that men and women are equally human beings even though we know that they have differences?

Orthodox Christianity accepts that the Son of God is equal in divinity to the Father no matter who is given authority. The fact that the Son of God was given ALL AUTHORITY does not make Him any more God than the Father nor does the fact that the Son of God submits Himself to the Father make Him less God than the Father. They remain equally God no matter who is in charge just like a woman and a man remain equally human regardless of who is in charge.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

rc

Moves
12 Jun 15
1 edit

Indeed, why it should be so difficult to accept that christ himself is subject to the Almighty I cannot say.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Jun 15

Only those who think that once you work you are equal.
What on earth do you mean by that!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 15
1 edit

Page 11 .. you said :

John 5:17
But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Look closely at what Jesus said in the verse above, please. Because Jesus said, "my father worketh hitherto, and I work", that is why the Jews accused Jesus of making Himself equal to God.

"My father works, and I work." Equality! You just have to see it robbie. It's in as simple as it gets English. No other idea or thought can be attached to the phraseology other than making both God and Jesus equal.

WORK = EQUALITY.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 15

He is being silly.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 15

Page 11 .. you said :

John 5:17
But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Look closely at what Jesus said in the verse above, please. Because Jesus said, "my father worketh hitherto, and I work", that is why the Jews accused Jesus of making Himself equal to G ...[text shortened]... equal.

WORK = EQUALITY.
You know that is not what that verse means. Why must you act so silly. I am finished trying to explain anything to you, if you continue acting like a fool.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Indeed, why it should be so difficult to accept that christ himself is subject to the Almighty I cannot say.
Simple ., many prefer to side with their church pastors than with Christ

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 15

You know that is not what that verse means. Why must you act so silly. I am finished trying to explain anything to you, if you continue acting like a fool.
Can you explain what josephw meant by using the John 5 17 verse to show that God and Christ are equal?

rc

Moves
12 Jun 15

Can you explain what josephw meant by using the John 5 17 verse to show that God and Christ are equal?
That should be fun 😀

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 15
1 edit

I suggest you ask josephw to explain his own mind. 😏

In the mean time, consider the verses that follow:
For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel."

(John 5:18-20 NASB)

rc

Moves
12 Jun 15

I suggest you ask josephw to explain his own mind. 😏

In the mean time, consider the verses that follow:
For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Tr ...[text shortened]... will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel."

(John 5:18-20 NASB)
explains nothing.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
explains nothing.
As I said, ask josephw to explain his own mind. 😏