John 8:58

John 8:58

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Jun 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Then, robbie, let's agree to disagree for the moment and revisit any and all remaining differences
following my presentation of the John 8:58 commentary. Okay?
Sometimes you characterize disagreeing with you as 'rejection of Christ' and sometimes you don't. It seems to depend on your mood because it certainly exhibits no consistency intellectually speaking. It's very interesting.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Jun 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
wow talk about regurgitating old waffle, you are parroting the very same criticism that Pliny reiterated to Trajan that the Christians were targeting the weak and vulnerable. Its was a piece of nonsense then and its a piece of codswallop now.
You are so easy to rattle.

Are you a rattle?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 15

Originally posted by sonship
Distinct but not separate is usually how I have learned to put it.
Like a man with 3 heads?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
why are you pagans making my thread a place for your idolatry? Either stick to the text at hand or ill be forced to whip you out of here like the Christ whipped the corrupt money changers from the temple of his father.
Says the man who claims Jesus is an angel.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Like a man with 3 heads?
Like the theological concept of coinherience.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 15
1 edit

Like a man with 3 heads?
A wall of text is one forum extreme.
A sparsely worded chit chat like idiocy is the other.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 15

A wall of text is one forum extreme.
A sparsely worded chit chat like idiocy is the other.
Not really, I'm trying to understand how your three gods fit into one by being distinct and yet not separate. A man with three heads sprung to mind, it is no more grotesque than how you propagate the idea of the godhead.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 15

Not really, I'm trying to understand how your three gods fit into one by being distinct and yet not separate. A man with three heads sprung to mind, it is no more grotesque than how you propagate the idea of the godhead.
Others weigh in.

The coworking of the three of the divine Trinity based on Their coinherence (or mutual indwelling) is a particularly strong emphasis in the teaching of the distinguished Scottish reformed theologian Thomas F. Torrance, from whose books the following selections are excerpted:

It was, of course, not the Godhead or the Being of God as such who became incarnate, but the Son of God, not the Father or the Spirit, who came among us, certainly from the Being of the Father and as completely homoousios with him, yet because in him the fullness of the Godhead dwells, the whole undivided Trinity must be recognised as participating in the incarnate Life and Work of Christ. Thomas F. Torrance, The Christian Doctrine of God: One Being Three Persons (London: T&T Clark, 1996), p. 108

Since God’s Being and Activity completely interpenetrate each other, we must think of his Being and his Activity not separately but as one Being-in-Activity and one Activity-in-Being. In other words, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit always act together in every divine operation whether in creation or redemption, yet in such a way that the distinctive activities of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, are always maintained, in accordance with the propriety and otherness of their Persons as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. This may be called the ‘perichoretic coactivity of the Holy Trinity’.

…The primary distinction was made there, of course, for it was the Son or Word of God who became incarnate, was born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, and rose again from the grave, and not the Father or the Holy Spirit, although the whole life and activity of Jesus from his birth to his death and resurrection did not take place apart from the presence and coactivity of the Father and the Spirit. Ibid., pp. 197-198

From contendingforthefaith.

http://www.contendingforthefaith.org/responses/Geisler-Rhodes/scholars-on-coworking-of-the-Three.html

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 15
1 edit

Like the theological concept of coinherience.
That's a fancy word. I have generally found that the more fancy words religious people use the less they are able to explain whatever it is the fancy word is supposed to be describing.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 15
2 edits

...certainly from the Being of the Father and as completely homoousios with him...
hahaha here we go...

"homoousios"

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 15
2 edits

This may be called the ‘perichoretic coactivity of the Holy Trinity’.
LOL.

"... This may be called the ‘perichoretic coactivity of the Holy Trinity’..."

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 15

Sorry sonship, I know you mean well but gobbledygook like that is classic "babylon" imo.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jun 15

With whom do you meet? Are you one of the Oneness Pentecostals?

You should have no hesitation to be upfront with me.
I have no problem in being up front with you about whom I meet with.

http://www.localchurches.org/contact-us/city.htm?1=usa&2=virginia&3=dunn_loring

Please respond in kind and not with vague obscurities.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 15

Please respond in kind and not with vague obscurities.
😵

you're the one using words like "homoousios"

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jun 15
1 edit

With whom do you meet? Are you one of the Oneness Pentecostals?
No I don't meet with any recognised denomination, sect or cult.